The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Rödin played 18:22 min tonight. One of his best games this season I think, maybe his best. Missed a breakaway though and took a slashing penalty late in the game. Another notable thing is that the centre talent Calle Järnkrok played 22:14 min for Brynäs. This kid is extremely talented, his compared by some experts here in Sweden to Nicklas Bäckström.

How did he look this time? Dangerous? Offensive threat when he's on the ice? Did he generate chances? Did he get much scoring chances himself? Good set up man? How did he look this time around? thanks.

Agree. As Johanlake said, Järnkrok has great potential. On the other hand, we have H.Sedin for 4 seasons to come and Kesler for 6 seasons. And we have Hodgson (most points in WJC last year) and Schroeder (have already written American history with his American junior performances). I would rather get a good defenceman or a good winger, but i wouldn't mind having him since he shines of potential.

I wouldn't mind having him with our second or third, but not our first. Our organization really needs better defenseman or RW LW because were stocked with 4 top 2 centers with H Sedin, Kesler, Hodgson, and Schroeder like you said.

on second thought, I don't know about using a high draft pick on another center. I know it is an important position, and drafting the BPA is normally the best thing to do, but our past 2 first rounders seem pretty good.

maybe we could go for Viktor Svedberg. 6' 9" Dman.

Viktor Svedberg

Profile Contributed By: HF Staff

History

History Information Coming Soon...

Talent Analysis

A giant with incredible reach. Svedberg is among the very largest players in Swedish hockey today. A two-way defenseman in the Swedish junior league, but likely to develop into a more defensive minded type of player in the future. Skating and mobility is not impressive, but not as bad as someone would expect for a player of his large stature. He has average hockey sense, but decent enough positioning. Plays the body to some extent, but gets penalized a bit too much. A project that could turn out well if he continues to work on his mobility. Pretty active stick.

Future

Future Analysis Coming Soon...

Stats

Viktor Svedberg

Profile Contributed By: HF Staff

History

History Information Coming Soon...

Talent Analysis

A giant with incredible reach. Svedberg is among the very largest players in Swedish hockey today. A two-way defenseman in the Swedish junior league, but likely to develop into a more defensive minded type of player in the future. Skating and mobility is not impressive, but not as bad as someone would expect for a player of his large stature. He has average hockey sense, but decent enough positioning. Plays the body to some extent, but gets penalized a bit too much. A project that could turn out well if he continues to work on his mobility. Pretty active stick.

Future

Future Analysis Coming Soon...

Stats

Zdeno Chara anyone? biggrin.gif

People said the exact same thing about him before he came into the NHL.

If we work on his skating I am sure he could turn into a really good defenseman and he's said to be a two way dman also. With a more defensive upside though, expected to be more defensive if he ever plays in the NHL.

Draft him and send him over to the Kelowna Rockets(Even though they probably don't own his rights :()!

Same was said about Tyler Myers when he first came to the Rockets.

And we all know how that worked out for him :)

Edited by Drink!

Viktor Svedberg

Talent Analysis

Heck, if he is available in the later rounds, I think he would be worth the risk

Draft him and send him over to the Kelowna Rockets(Even though they probably don't own his rights sad.gif)!

Same was said about Tyler Myers when he first came to the Rockets.

And we all know how that worked out for him smile.gif

What round are they projecting this guy?

He's more of a project player isn't he? Could we get him with a 3rd or 4th round pick?

We would have to pick up a 3rd round pick first though.

He's more of a project player isn't he? Could we get him with a 3rd or 4th round pick?

Where is Chickenman when you need him...?

Currently ranked 76th in European Skater

Definitely a high possibly that we can get this guy later rounds.

Even if he doesn't turn out as awesome as Tyler Myers(:P), he'd still be a pretty damn intimidating shut-down defenseman in the future.

Here's a top 50 list that was done last summer:

Top 50 Swedish Players for the 2009 Draft

This guy has Rodin rated number 8, and Andersson rated number 25. biggrin.gif

He had Svedberg rated at number 17, but obviously he didn't get drafted. There's clearly parts of his game that need some work, which would explain going undrafted.

I'm sure Andersson would have moved up this guys list after this season though.

Agree. As Johanlake said, Järnkrok has great potential. On the other hand, we have H.Sedin for 4 seasons to come and Kesler for 6 seasons. And we have Hodgson (most points in WJC last year) and Schroeder (have already written American history with his American junior performances). I would rather get a good defenceman or a good winger, but i wouldn't mind having him since he shines of potential.

If he ends up being another Nicklas Backstrom, we can make room for him. haha :lol:

How did he look this time? Dangerous? Offensive threat when he's on the ice? Did he generate chances? Did he get much scoring chances himself? Good set up man? How did he look this time around? thanks.

I have seen Rödin's every game in Brynäs this season, and I think this was his best game so far this season. He also played in powerplay this game. He uses his speed very well, he backchecks good, goes to the net and also make some hits. His weakness is the play in the defensive zone and he also needs to build up some muscles. But he is always a threat when he's on the ice with his speed and his technique.

There is a window after the draft when undrafted players can be signed, a la Tochkin. Also Justin Taylor(Capt. of the London Knights) who attended prospects camp had the same oppurtunity but didnt make it.

Players do have to declare for the draft, Raymond didnt his first year of eligibility to increase his stock for the next year.

Edited by ilikecanucks

Sadly Brynäs just lost again and Djurgården eliminated them in the first round. I didn't saw the game, but i think Czarnecki should have made some changes. All the games i've watched Djurgården dominated, even when Brynäs won. And if i was a Brynäs-fan i would not accept the poor producing. He should have made some line changes already after the second game,you could see that if Brynäs would continue playing like they had done so far after the second game, it would be damn tough for them to win the series. As i have said many times in this thread, Rödin and Järnkrok should have been moved up to at least the third line.

Edited by Hedman

Sadly Brynäs just lost again and Djurgården eliminated them in the first round. I didn't saw the game, but i think Czarnecki should have made some changes. All the games i've watched Djurgården dominated, even when Brynäs won. And if i was a Brynäs-fan i would not accept the poor producing. He should have made some line changes already after the second game,you could see that if Brynäs would continue playing like they had done so far after the second game, it would be damn tough for them to win the series. As i have said many times in this thread, Rödin and Järnkrok should have been moved up to at least the third line.

I don't feel that Rodin is getting nearly enough time there to develop... I think he plans to make the move to the Canucks in the offseason and hopefully play with the moose next season.

I don't feel that Rodin is getting nearly enough time there to develop... I think he plans to make the move to the Canucks in the offseason and hopefully play with the moose next season.

can Rodin not sign a ATO with the Moose and join them for the stretch run

if hes still on contract with Brynas, Canucks can just compensate them and get them to loan Rodin to Manitoba

can Rodin not sign a ATO with the Moose and join them for the stretch run

if hes still on contract with Brynas, Canucks can just compensate them and get them to loan Rodin to Manitoba

hmmm... I don't know if that's possible but I wish it were to happen. I really want to see him play a bit more