The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Avalanche @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

Who did Calgary draft with the 2nd we gave them for Baertschi again?

With 10 goals, he would be tied for 3rd in Calgary. With 22 points, he would be tied for 4th.

Again, just saying....

EDIT: I should be careful... Rasmus Andersson is doing pretty well in Stockton.

Baertschi is also outscoring Sean Monahan...in fewer games to boot..

Baertschi is really starting to come into his own. He's already at a 40 point season pace and he seems to pick up his game and the points in the second half. If he continues his trajectory I can definitely see him on the top line with Bo. What a steal for a 2nd rounder! Maybe Benning knows what he's doing...

Tonight the boys looked tired, which is to be expected after playing so much. Thought this would be a loss, but other than Eriksson's brain fart and the D breakdown in the last minute of play we had a solid team game with no glaring mistakes. D only let 26 shots through and most weren't high end scoring chances so they did their jobs. Happy for the win, let's make it 5 tomorrow! Go Canucks Go!

4 hours ago, pluralsight said:

Chaput = this year's Linden Vey? 

He cant finish and doesn't create much offense, but he's not close to being the liability Vey was, he doesn't give up on the puck and he goes to the hard areas on the ice. Would've taken Chaput over Vey in a heartbeat last season. Him and Megna are placeholders until we get healthy again.

4 hours ago, 2009cupchamps said:

Rodin was Invisible and deserves to be sat next game when Burrows is back. Very little compete out there from him. I'm like everyone and hopes his offensive game can translate to the NHL. So far in his 2 games have been very unimpressive. 

Maybe we were watching different games? I saw Rodin skate like mad, cause turnovers and be noticeable every (admittedly not enough) time he was on the ice. If anything he needs more ice time not less. He could be a really nice addition for us.

1 hour ago, Mattrek said:

Maybe we were watching different games? I saw Rodin skate like mad, cause turnovers and be noticeable every (admittedly not enough) time he was on the ice. If anything he needs more ice time not less. He could be a really nice addition for us.

Indeed and it was only 2 games back with new systems line mates etc. When are the idiots on here going to realise it takes about 6-10 games to bed into a team/new team after injury/absence etc.

13 minutes ago, Moonshinefe said:

Great to see our young guns do the damage in this one, albeit against the worst team in the league debatably. But well, the Canucks have played many games lately, so it's still good stuff.

These are the games that used to kill the post 2011 team and have us all pulling our hair out.

A win is a win, is a win. They got it done and in our position that is the main thing.

4 hours ago, dank.sinatra said:

I love Baertschi. If he keeps up this first-line pace for many years he'll be up there with Naslund as my favorite players of all time. 

Horvat and Baer are now scoring at pretty much exactly the same place as the Sedins. 

Sven and Stech - quickest reflexes in the team.:)

4 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

He's a bad man. 

Another way to think of it is that's basically just over four full seasons worth of wins, assuming 82 game seasons where he played all the games. Obviously that's not the case, but just thinking about how long a season is, and that he's won the equivalent for four plus is astounding. 

Another way to think of it: He's won 350/677 career games. That's just over half (~51%). Not too shabby for someone who's actually floundered a bit this season, and has been playing since '02!

And most of it for some poor teams.

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I love the powerplay with these 2 on the points. Their speed and willingness to shoot offsets some of the cycle and  over-passing by the twins. 

The improvement in Sven regarding physical effort and compete since he came into the team has been nothing short of miraculous. I don't think he's any bigger but what he has, he's not afraid to throw about and he has a fiery temper which I like (similar to McCann)

Stech is just the "little engine" that gets it done.

5 hours ago, 6string said:

That nine game losing streak may haunt them for the season I'm afraid, otherwise a nice run with the team looking like its being well coached through this period of time.

That would be a good thing fir development.  They are competing and getting better. We still need to get a deeper prospect pool and build a hunger in the new core. 

Getting close and missing out might be the best thing for this team as a whole.

just a thought. 

8 hours ago, mrreindeer said:

I guess you erikson apologists didn't see his puck handling skill on display with a min. to go when he bobbled the puck at the red line and failed to score on the empty net. then 20 sec. later in his own zone, nobody near him and he handed the puck to an av. player causing Miller to stare down 2 players on his doorstep and save the game. And I'm not nitpicking, this is a constant part of his repetoire

No, I'm blind. Thanks for telling me captain obvious.

8 hours ago, pluralsight said:

Canucks with another strong night in the faceoff dot, winning 62% of faceoffs. Big improvement over last year, Canucks top three Centers are all in the top 40 in faceoff percentage in the league:

8th Brandon Sutter - 55.1%

13th Bo Horvat - 53.9%

35th Henrik Sedin - 49.8%

Looks like Manny has done a great job with the team! 

Not only that, but Colorado came into the game as the 3rd? best faceoff team in the league.

Loved the effort, especially by the young guys. They ARE the future. We do need a few more big bodies up front though.  I just about freaked out when LE gave the puck away trying to set up Granny at the end....  Can't always be mr. nice. Sometimes you just need to do the right thing, in this case just get the friggin puck out over the blue line. O well, thank god for Millsy :) Still not a real playoff type team but they are not far away. Boeser, Virtanen, Juolevi, Demko, maybe Lockwood or Gaudette or Brisbois. Who knows who will make it or not but I like our prospect pool a lot better now than anything we've had in at least 10 years. 

Ugly win. Count it. Move on to the next game. I hope for next game the team can rewind a bit to the previous three games where we countered much more effectively with speed and were not out hit 27-5. Last year Both Bo and Bear were much better in the second half than the first, maybe they can do it again? 

Archived