The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Avalanche @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Just thought I'd throw this out there but... Willie, why not put Baer with the Sedins to see what sticks to the wall?

I think baer and Bo are intouchable and thats why it hasnt been testéd yet. Very good thought though, could Spark all 3 of them (not that they need it But it could work well is what im saying)

Funny reading Flames fans forums, they cannot comprehend how Baertschi is putting up points, and are making all sorts of excuses as to what is going on in Vancouver regarding Baertschi.

Funniest line of thought is that he is a sub mediocre player on a bad team so by default he is going to get points.  LOL.  The arrogance of lames fans, somehow they think they are watching a legit contender at the stench dome.  We are half way through the season (more or less), the Canucks who had one of the most miserable starts in team history are only 3 points back of the red chokers - and last year the teams practically had the same points.  The lames are O so much better - yeah sure. For a fan base that has seen their team advance past the first round 2 times since 1989 they sure are arrogant.

Sven Baertschi - more points than Monahan - less games played.  I like the sound of that.

1 hour ago, Oldmanpower said:

Ugly win. Count it. Move on to the next game. I hope for next game the team can rewind a bit to the previous three games where we countered much more effectively with speed and were not out hit 27-5. Last year Both Bo and Bear were much better in the second half than the first, maybe they can do it again? 

There will continue to be games like that or worse. If there weren't we would assume the rebuild was complete and that won't be the case for 2-3 years in most peoples opinion.

That's why any win at present is good.

1 hour ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Just thought I'd throw this out there but... Willie, why not put Baer with the Sedins to see what sticks to the wall?

I was thinking Rodin before Hansen gets back...they can talk Swedish and set up plays and do Swedish stuff...Give Rodin a few more games to get his feet under him and give him more minutes each game. Very hard to come back from injury. It seems the lines they have now are meshing, so we don't want to mess up a good thing. They've tried LE, BS with the Sedins, they produced but then faded and became less effective. Where these players are now seems to be working.

9 minutes ago, Hockey101 class said:

Wd wont do this because they both he and Dank play on the leftside.

Daniel has played right wing roles before such as temporarily with Pyatt and occasionally with Demitra (he preferred right).  But yeah Daniel prefers left.

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

Funny reading Flames fans forums, they cannot comprehend how Baertschi is putting up points, and are making all sorts of excuses as to what is going on in Vancouver regarding Baertschi.

Funniest line of thought is that he is a sub mediocre player on a bad team so by default he is going to get points.  LOL.  The arrogance of lames fans, somehow they think they are watching a legit contender at the stench dome.  We are half way through the season (more or less), the Canucks who had one of the most miserable starts in team history are only 3 points back of the red chokers - and last year the teams practically had the same points.  The lames are O so much better - yeah sure. For a fan base that has seen their team advance past the first round 2 times since 1989 they sure are arrogant.

Sven Baertschi - more points than Monahan - less games played.  I like the sound of that.

Agree with everything you said, except we shouldn't be poking fun at most other teams lack of playoff success.

2 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Well, Flames fans can be a huge bunch of tools on the best of days.

Its because they wear their jeans too tight in Calgary. Cuts off circulation in all the wrong places and causes numerous issues. 

UP YOURS KELLY SUTHERLAND

I just had to get that off my chest

RoBoBaer - I think Rodin needs more ice time - I would keep Burrows there over Rodin at least for now. But that  leaves the age old question - where does Rodin fit in? And who comes out when Hansen is back - we know he is back on with the Sedins - or at least I hope that is where he is. Means Megna  is shuffled.  Believe I heard somewhere that Dorcet is still long term.

I know some on here think Chaput should be sent down to the AHL again but I kinda like the Skille-Chaput-Gaunce line.  They truly give it their all every shift they are out there. Skille and Chaput aren't afraid to take the body, have laid some pretty serious hits, and taken few penalties.  For a 4th line I feel we don't have a lot of room to complain.

So avoiding injuries we are going to see some changes .

Happy with the team, happy with their performance, happy for the win!

Go Canucks Go

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Its because they wear their jeans too tight in Calgary. Cuts off circulation in all the wrong places and causes numerous issues. 

Lol...its like a hill billy beer hall ...the funniest part for me is they have a guy named "george canyon" sing the anthem like they are in small town texas...i mean why didnt he name himself Mitch Wrangler or Buck Thoroughbred ....

4 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Lol...its like a hill billy beer hall ...the funniest part for me is they have a guy named "george canyon" sing the anthem like they are in small town texas...i mean why didnt he name himself Mitch Wrangler or Buck Thoroughbred ....

Haven't you heard? Alberta thinks its Texas. 

Yah that George Canyon thing is hilarious. I mock it every time. Oooooooh Kah nah duh, mah jeans are fittin' tight... 

Baer is showing Burke a thing or two...hope he lights up the Flames.

Just noticed Tkachuck...3rd in scoring with 22 pts and +8...not too bad for a 19 yr old rookie.

Canucks need to win both games against the Flames for a 8 point swing...these games are huge!

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Haven't you heard? Alberta thinks its Texas. 

Yah that George Canyon thing is hilarious. I mock it every time. Oooooooh Kah nah duh, mah jeans are fittin' tight... 

I think Texas has learned a few things from Alberta...very similar...cattle, oil and wheat/ Canola fields... and good ole farm boys (couple AB boys won the world championship Saddle bronc, calf roping and all round in the US this year). Go Canada Go!

But yeah, step outside of Calgary and it is all prairie, and cattle...just need to build the pipelines to open things up.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

There will continue to be games like that or worse. If there weren't we would assume the rebuild was complete and that won't be the case for 2-3 years in most peoples opinion.

That's why any win at present is good.

Not if you're a tanker! :lol:

I have to admit that part of me wants the team to finish bottom 5 so they can get another high pick, but i cant cheer for losses while watching games.

The other thing to look at - if you take the position that tank is the best - is the Colorado Avalanche.

Since 2009 they have picked top 3  three different times and have had 2 number 10 picks.  So thats like 5 top 10 picks in 8 years. How do they fit into the tank is best theory?  Are they on the right path?  On paper they look good, as a team where the sum of the players should be greater than the individuals, they arent a good team at all.

I think what gives me hope with the Canucks is that character guys picked in latter rounds are stepping up.  

Archived