The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Road record VS Home record

Kokanee king

who's fault is it?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Kokanee king said:

We are 7 games above 500 at home and 7 game below 500 on the road. 

This make no sense to me unless this is a coaching issue and only a coach issue. 

What do you guys think? is it a player issue or a coaching staff issue?

/end of a stellar thread.

Sounds like you really thought this one out.

9 hours ago, Kokanee king said:

We are 7 games above 500 at home and 7 game below 500 on the road. 

This make no sense to me unless this is a coaching issue and only a coach issue. 

What do you guys think? is it a player issue or a coaching staff issue?

Maybe OP should look at home vs away records across the league this year.  Almost every team looks like pure dog $&!#e on the road for some reason while those with decent records just have crazy good home records.

12 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Maybe the players actually like the quiet stadium that so many people whine about.  All that noise at the other stadiums throws their game off.

I voted for the players.  The coaching staff isn't on the ice and thus does not have a direct impact on the game.

That is one of the dumbest statements I've ever seen. Of course the coaching staff has a direct impact. They choose which player goes on the ice and at what time, which wins or loses a game. There is literally no position that has more of a direct impact on the game.

Well on road Willie does not get last change (big factor on matchups)

Teams at home generally have good scouting on who is going an Who's  not( a lot easier to target players who pose offensive threat an nuetralize those players strengths)

line calibration is on coaching staff  a brain fart could cause a 2 goal deficit real fast as witnessed many times over the last few years.

Hence keeping lines fresher are of vital importance(it might change dramatically when 4 th line starts scoring goals  more regularly in mismatch's) 

Goalie rotation an having right goalie at right games although not always possible (past performance record against teams  sometimes gives an edge )

The Defense has been rebuilt an is a work in progress an has demonstrated a lot of potential talent to be a good to above average Defense.

finally having the them  ready to play at outset of the game is on coaching(how many different results would we have seen on more than few nights these past 2 seasons)

Canucks are not the fasted most skilled or even gritty team. They have ability to compete hard and the results do bear fruit.

12 hours ago, Mattrek said:

That is one of the dumbest statements I've ever seen. Of course the coaching staff has a direct impact. They choose which player goes on the ice and at what time, which wins or loses a game. There is literally no position that has more of a direct impact on the game.

The Goalie has by far the most significant impact as to the outcome of the game. You could counter argue that a coach gets to decide which goalie plays, but the position of Goaltender, and how well the player in that position plays, has the most impact to the outcome of the game.

9 minutes ago, Professor.of.Perception said:

The Goalie has by far the most significant impact as to the outcome of the game. You could counter argue that a coach gets to decide which goalie plays, but the position of Goaltender, and how well the player in that position plays, has the most impact to the outcome of the game.

I agree with you 100%. If a goalie has an off night you are most likely losing that game.

2 hours ago, Professor.of.Perception said:

You're right, that is my counter argument and that's the point I was trying to make. Coaches choose the players, if a player doesn't play there's nothing he can do to impact a game. I definitely agree goalie is the most important position though.

On 1/4/2017 at 6:34 PM, SamJamIam said:

Maybe OP should look at home vs away records across the league this year.  Almost every team looks like pure dog $&!#e on the road for some reason while those with decent records just have crazy good home records.

Maybe sam jam i am should look before commenting, we are #27 in the league based on road wins and 7th with home wins, only st Louis had a record like that.  

only one team ahead of us in league standing have the same 5 win on the road. &^@# Colorado has 8 and only one team in the league has less road wins. 

1 hour ago, Kokanee king said:

Maybe sam jam i am should look before commenting, we are #27 in the league based on road wins and 7th with home wins, only st Louis had a record like that.  

only one team ahead of us in league standing have the same 5 win on the road. &^@# Colorado has 8 and only one team in the league has less road wins. 

Guess we should be counting our blessings.  If our road record was half decent we'd be in a playoff spot easily and the tanker crowd would be looking for a bridge. If our home record was near as bad as our road record everybody would be looking for that same bridge.

11 hours ago, Kokanee king said:

I looked. Just never claimed I could make a blind man see.

11 hours ago, SamJamIam said:

I looked. Just never claimed I could make a blind man see.

ok, i'm blind so name the teams ahead of us with a worse road record, ill save you the trouble, you cant!!

st Louis and the nucks are the only two playoff teams with 5 road wins. the next worst has 8. we would be tied for 8th in the league if we were just .500 on the road. 

so, are you just out to lunch? or are you just pulling $&!# out of your ass just to be a troll?

4 hours ago, Kokanee king said:

ok, i'm blind so name the teams ahead of us with a worse road record, ill save you the trouble, you cant!!

st Louis and the nucks are the only two playoff teams with 5 road wins. the next worst has 8. we would be tied for 8th in the league if we were just .500 on the road. 

so, are you just out to lunch? or are you just pulling $&!# out of your ass just to be a troll?

Don't you have homework you should be doing?  Possibly some that focuses on teaching capitalization?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived