The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tar Sands being Phased out......

kingofsurrey

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

This  is what makes me laugh. Inane I know is very much an environmentalist and thats fine with me. He makes logical arguments and understands reality, unfortunately in my opinion kos doesn't. You are correct, that pipeline does exist and this expansion is a good thing. Increasing volumes allows Canadian oil to be sold to other markets rather then just the U.S.

If Im not mistaken the smaller quantity in the existing pipeline only sells to a refinery in California. What some people don't understand is our oil only sells to the U.S atm for a reduced rate I might add and for the life of me I cant understand why some Canadians like our vast resources being controlled by the Americans. 

But hey peaceful protest is fully within one's rights but it sure would be nice if the average protester understood what they were protesting.

I know bill c51 may have tried to stop peaceful protest and folks like kos may like that Harper is gone and so is c51--oops Jt supported c51, I doubt kos realized that. :(

:wub:

2 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

Apparently what you and a vast majority of those protesters don't realize is that the pipeline is already in place. This would simply be an expansion of what is already there.

Greed is a very ugly personal  quality........   makes people not see things clearly...    Maybe a side effect from long term exposure / contact  to dirty Bitumen TAR sludge...

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Greed is a very ugly personal  quality........   makes people not see things clearly...    Maybe a side effect from long term exposure / contact  to dirty Bitumen TAR sludge...

Trans Mountain line does not carry bitumen....please at least know wtf you are talking about

It is a batching line, batching means multiple products being carried along key points through 1 outflow into receiving terminals

Heavy crude, light crude, distillates, gasoline.

It helps to know wtf you are whining about.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

What is this? Are you drunk?

There must be some explanation for this...incoherence. 

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Trans Mountain line does not carry bitumen....please at least know wtf you are talking about

It is a batching line, batching means multiple products being carried along key points through 1 outflow into receiving terminals

Hippy this is cdc where truth and facts are not welcome. You know better..

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Oh really...

What is the Trans Mountain (Kinder Morgan) Pipeline?

There is currently a pipeline which transports primarily diluted bitumen from Edmonton (the Alberta Tar Sands) to our coast in Burnaby (Westridge Marine Terminal), where it is loaded onto tankers and shipped to off-shore buyers. These tankers are maneuvering through the First and Second Narrows, Vancouver Harbour, English Bay, Georgia Strait, the active channels of the Southern Gulf Islands, Haro Strait and the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

1 hour ago, Lionized27 said:

What is this? Are you drunk?

There must be some explanation for this...incoherence. 

You been sniffing petro products too much at your job.....

You will need worry though as JT has now pledged to phase out the TAR SANDS PROJECT>>>>

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Hippy this is cdc where truth and facts are not welcome. You know better..

The truth will set you free. No need to keep telling Porkies here....

The products currently shipped in the Trans Mountain pipeline:

Product Type

Example

Description

Refined petroleum

Gasoline, diesel or iso-octane

Refined

Synthetic crude

Processed bitumen

Semi-refined

Light crude

Conventionally sourced crude oil

Unrefined

Heavy crude

Diluted bitumen

Unrefined

Strange as everything i read about KM Pipeline is that it already does in fact ship diluted Bitumen.....

I think it is diluted with chemicals or mixed with a lighter crude.....

I admit i am not trained in Petro Chem  business but i am interested to learn more.....

Is this not true...about  DB. 

Diluted Bitumen

Bitumen from the tar sands is not like conventional oil. It is a thick tar-like substance and in order to transport it through a pipeline it must be diluted. Common diluents are natural-gas condensate, naphtha, and synthetic crude (whose contents are often proprietary and containing carcinogenic compounds such as benzene). When a spill occurs these chemicals off-gas and can be inhaled by anyone in the area. No one seems able to predict what happens when diluted bitumen is in water. Depending on salinity, sediments, temperature, and wave action, it might sink, separate, or float. This makes emergency preparedness extremely difficult.

6 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

You cared enough to post on an Internet forum. 

Just saying. 

It was actually an attempt at humour.   I have no idea what you do for work nor do i care what you do.

You called me drunk.  That was kind of mean spirited of you don't you think....

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Kos you know nothing about oil or the oil industry and I mean nothing. You constantly make your self look silly.

Ryan  you know nothing about oil or the oil industry and I mean nothing. You constantly make your self look silly and you post untruths here about the KM Pipeline and what it will transport....

and

Here is a pic of one of the best CDN Prime Ministers of all time. A legend...

hqdefault.jpg

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

It was actually an attempt at humour.   I have no idea what you do for work nor do i care what you do.

You called me drunk.  That was kind of mean spirited of you don't you think....

To be fair if you aren't drunk then what is your excuse? I would go with drunk if I were you.

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Ryan  you know nothing about oil or the oil industry and I mean nothing. You constantly make your self look silly and you post untruths here about the KM Pipeline and what it will transport....

Ya I haven't learned anything in nearly 20 years in the industry..

How many leases you ever stepped foot on big fella?

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya I haven't learned anything in nearly 20 years...

How many leases you ever stepped foot on big fella?

Then you should know KM will ship diluted Bitumen ..... Or do  you just like posting porkies...

Archived