The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tar Sands being Phased out......

kingofsurrey

6 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

If you live in British Columbia every other part of Canada is Eastern Canada. We'll make an exception for the Yukon. 

Also, if you were to travel West far enough, you're bound to end up East.

B) 

Gotcha. I live in Alberta. I'm in B.C all the time but my primary residence is Alberta.

16 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

I feel for you son. Unless you're in Drumheller/Badlands.

Personally, I know I couldn't live in any metropolitan area of Alberta. Rural or bust.

I wanna buy a house in Coleman but the gf wont come with me.

11 hours ago, Heretic said:

LOL, what a misleading topic title by the OP!

"suggested Canada may eventually move to phase out the oilsands" = yeah, we will phase it out when there's nothing left or no longer required.

Technology is getting better and better meaning it will be viable for years to come and when most of our products are made from petroleum.

1 hour ago, Lionized27 said:

Well, technically, Alberta is Eastern Canada. So there's that.  

Not really, if you accept that there are 2 conditions, and they are equal in nature, IE East and West, then one has to surmise that all things being equal, half of Canada is west and half is east.  So, with the border of Manitoba and Ontario being the approximate half way point, logically, and philosophically, must ipso facto half way be.  Ergo, everything west of that border is Western Canada, and everything east of it is Eastern Canada.

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya that's that drama teaching experience I guess.

JT is way more Qualified that Christy Clark that much is certain.

Does Christy have any kind of a formal education or certified trade.... ?    I am pretty sure she has nothing.....

I am very impressed with JT so far.  His dad was a top 4 all time Canadian Prime Minister so  JT had a great teacher......

So excited to finally have a credible Prime minister in our our country again.

Hopefully BC will find a qualified person eventually for a Premier....   Hopefully soon. 

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Does Christy have any kind of a formal education or certified trade.... ?    I am pretty sure she has nothing.....

She never graduated, but she attended. She's as vile a political opportunist as there is in politics.

That being said, the phasing out of the tar sands is great news, and sensibly done. To stop abruptly, as some would like, would jar the economy and society far too greatly to be a positive.

Dependencies need to be adjusted. That takes time. North Americans are far less capable of dealing with change than most others on the planet. It needs to happen, but has to happen incrementally with an end goal in sight.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I am very impressed with JT so far.  His dad was a top 4 all time Canadian Prime Minister so  JT had a great teacher......

So excited to finally have a credible Prime minister in our our country again.

Hopefully BC will find a qualified person eventually for a Premier....   Hopefully soon. 

I'm not a fan of Jt, Pt or Cc. And Pierre is not a great PM he created Western seperation. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

She never graduated, but she attended. She's as vile a political opportunist as there is in politics.

That being said, the phasing out of the tar sands is great news, and sensibly done. To stop abruptly, as some would like, would jar the economy and society far too greatly to be a positive.

Dependencies need to be adjusted. That takes time. North Americans are far less capable of dealing with change than most others on the planet. It needs to happen, but has to happen incrementally with an end goal in sight.

Ya the phase out is lip service. Im not 40 yet and I doubt I see it in my lifetime. Anyone who believes it's immediate like kos suggested is only fooling themselves.

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not a fan of Jt, Pt or Cc. And Pierre is not a great PM he created Western seperation. 

Pierre Trudeau is the father of modern day Canada.  Amazing Prime Minister.  Highly regarded around the world.  A true legend. 

26 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Don't worry.... the budget will balance itself.

JT said it will.  

24 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya that's that drama teaching experience I guess.

Not a huge fan of golden boy

But post the entire comment, not just a shart of a conservative clip

http://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/primetime-politics/episodes/30396042/  at 27 minutes 35 seconds.

Archived