The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tar Sands being Phased out......

kingofsurrey

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya the phase out is lip service. Im not 40 yet and I doubt I see it in my lifetime. Anyone who believes it's immediate like kos suggested is only fooling themselves.

I am hoping we can cut production 10 % per year and have it shut down in 10 years..   That would be amazing for the world.

Such a great time to be Canadian with a new Prime Minister  that cares about the Environment.

Time for Canada to step up and become world leaders in Green Technologies...

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya the phase out is lip service. Im not 40 yet and I doubt I see it in my lifetime. Anyone who believes it's immediate like kos suggested is only fooling themselves.

Phasing out is not immediate. Phasing out would happen over a generation or two. Replacing one industry with another. Taking people employed by one industry and retraining those with the capabilities to work in the burgeoning new industry, while the older one is being systematically shut down over time.

I don't think that the phasing out of oil extraction and use is lip service, and I don't think it will happen without a considerable amount of adjustment on society's part, and time, in general.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

I am hoping we can cut production 10 % per year and have it shut down in 10 years..   That would be amazing for the world.

Such a great time to be Canadian with a new Prime Minister  that cares about the Environment.

One would also have to consider what all the plastic goods that are throughout society would be replaced with, and what the workers in the present jobs would be doing (transitioned or otherwise).

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Well we are way behind in that venture, sad but true.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh my god...forest lawn!

I am so so sorry 

Here, have a calendar

Couches of Forest Lawn calendar - where does one find this?!

I don't live in Forest lawn I live in canyon meadows.

Forest lawn is a great place it has a Popeyes now

Funny thing about Forest lawn a couple blocks of 17 a guy had about 20 snowmobiles and ATVs in various states

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Phasing out is not immediate. Phasing out would happen over a generation or two. Replacing one industry with another. Taking people employed by one industry and retraining those with the capabilities to work in the burgeoning new industry, while the older one is being systematically shut down over time.

I don't think that the phasing out of oil extraction and use is lip service, and I don't think it will happen without a considerable amount of adjustment on society's part, and time, in general.

Great post. 

I said lip service because folks like kos are taking this the wrong way at least given the way he keeps thinking that it's immediate.

22 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

JT is way more Qualified that Christy Clark that much is certain.

Does Christy have any kind of a formal education or certified trade.... ?    I am pretty sure she has nothing.....

I am very impressed with JT so far.  His dad was a top 4 all time Canadian Prime Minister so  JT had a great teacher......

So excited to finally have a credible Prime minister in our our country again.

Hopefully BC will find a qualified person eventually for a Premier....   Hopefully soon. 

Hold it.

You are the one that has railed against Kinder Morgan all the time and yet you praise Justin Trudeau?!!   Justin Trudeau APPROVED Kinder Morgan.  The project is under federal jurisdiction and it is irrelevant whether Christy Clark approve or disapprove of Kinder Morgan.

Wow, what a double standard!

4 minutes ago, Violator said:

I don't live in Forest lawn I live in canyon meadows.

Forest lawn is a great place it has a Popeyes now

Funny thing about Forest lawn a couple blocks of 17 a guy had about 20 snowmobiles and ATVs in various states

They should clean it up. I remember about 10 years ago they talked about it. At one time Winnipeg ave was complete trash, but it's getting cleaned up little by little. 

One thing I do like about Chestermere is our home value isn't taking a hit like so many other areas. Similar to Canyon Meadows.

2 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Hold it.

You are the one that has railed against Kinder Morgan all the time and yet you praise Justin Trudeau?!!   Justin Trudeau APPROVED Kinder Morgan.  The project is under federal jurisdiction and it is irrelevant whether Christy Clark approve or disapprove of Kinder Morgan.

Justin Trudeau approved KM pipeline to appease/support Alberta Liberals/NDP.

Justin is well aware that when protests in Burnaby attract 100,000 people that Pipeline will be cancelled.  Just like we just saw in the USA.....  

Very clever of JT.  The people of Vancouver will never allow TAR crude to pollute our harbour. 

4 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Hold it.

He is full of double standards.

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Justin is well aware that when protests in Burnaby attract 100,000 people that Pipeline will be cancelled.  Just like we just saw in the USA.....  

Very clever of JT.  The people of Vancouver will never allow TAR crude to pollute our harbour. 

I think all those calling you a troll are bang on. You still make me laugh though. Keep up the good work.

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Not a huge fan of golden boy

But post the entire comment, not just a shart of a conservative clip

http://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/primetime-politics/episodes/30396042/  at 27 minutes 35 seconds.

The gist of it is still the same... spend more to earn more.  

Great for the private sector... just not really a good concept for government with their bureaucracy.  

37 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

That pipeline wasn't cancelled they are just gonna reroute it.

40 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Apparently what you and a vast majority of those protesters don't realize is that the pipeline is already in place. This would simply be an expansion of what is already there.

3 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

Apparently what you and a vast majority of those protesters don't realize is that the pipeline is already in place. This would simply be an expansion of what is already there.

This  is what makes me laugh. Inane I know is very much an environmentalist and thats fine with me. He makes logical arguments and understands reality, unfortunately in my opinion kos doesn't. You are correct, that pipeline does exist and this expansion is a good thing. Increasing volumes allows Canadian oil to be sold to other markets rather then just the U.S.

If Im not mistaken the smaller quantity in the existing pipeline only sells to a refinery in California. What some people don't understand is our oil only sells to the U.S atm for a reduced rate I might add and for the life of me I cant understand why some Canadians like our vast resources being controlled by the Americans. 

But hey peaceful protest is fully within one's rights but it sure would be nice if the average protester understood what they were protesting.

I know bill c51 may have tried to stop peaceful protest and folks like kos may like that Harper is gone and so is c51--oops Jt supported c51, I doubt kos realized that. :(

Archived