The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first Canuck traded in 2017?

swizzey

Who will be the first Canuck traded in 2017?  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, J.R. said:

Dallas would likely be a good fit if they can dump one (or both) of their current net minders. But yeah, at his age, I'd wager a cup is a pretty big draw. We're closer than say Toronto to LA but there's a lot of teams that would fall in a similar distance range and wouldn't require customs clearance.

Hell, if he doesn't mind playing for a losing team, he could always sign on in Vegas.

Vegas should have a few viable options available to them goaltending wise.  Fluery will most likely be left exposed if they don't trade him first and Dallas won't protect both their mediocre goalies hoping one of them is picked up.  There are also several good back ups that post number one stats that Vegas could take a flyer on.  If we are still just outside a wild card spot come trade deadline I hope Benning shops Miller for a pick. 

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

If we are still just outside a wild card spot come trade deadline I hope Benning shops Miller for a pick. 

Not going to happen.

Only ways Miller moves are if he asks to be shopped or teams start calling.

Playing the odds Willie will be the first to go at the end of the year

With Hutton and Guddy out I don't see Tanev or any other D from the big team going

- very likely there could be a Subban deal with Stecher virtually replacing him.

No NTC or NTM's will ask for a trade so their out, and no prospects or picks as "promised" by Jimbo

That leaves Granlund. This could be an opportunity for JB to pull a deal. Great cap hit, playing his best hockey and no loss to expansion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bet most people who put Burrows on here as their guess thought they would be happy when they saw him go. I wonder what everyone who put down Burrows or Hansen felt when Benning pulled the trigger? It was definitely bitter sweet due to the return... but it still hurt to see both of them go, especially Burrows. 

Any comments?

Tanev and Edler are both expendable now. Expect one to be moved before the draft?!

Maybe they will look at Edmondson from STL and move Hutton in separate deals. 

Trade Barcheese while he is hot. This is his ceiling. Cash in, early in the rebuild process. 

Get Lowry from the Peg. 

Archived