The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first Canuck traded in 2017?

swizzey

Who will be the first Canuck traded in 2017?  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's anyone's guess, but personally I don't see us getting rid of any roster forwards unless they are only a piece of a bigger package.  For that package, I see our offer largely surrounding a solid defenseman (One of Edler, Tanev, or Hutton) in return for a high end center or left wing who can make an immediate or nearly immediate impact in our top six.

18 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Burr may be the only guy we move at the TDL (if even him). After that, I hope to see one of Edler/Tanev (likely Tanev due to NTC) packaged for an upgrade on a young, top 3 forward.

Honestly I'm doubtful that the return offered on Burr would be enough to outweigh the value of just letting him finish the season here as the line of Bae Bo Burr are clicking and gaining confidence each day. Obviously if MTL throws one of their 2 2nds at us we have to make that deal. I'd just as soon keep him over a pick in the 80+ range and instead try to acquire higher value picks and prospects for Hansen and one of our expansion eligible D.

For me, the most obvious is not on that list.

The Sbisa and Hansen for a 2nd round pick each imo are awful deals for us - in keeping with the over-valuing of 2nd round picks around here.  What you accomplish in those deals is to thin out depth and still stand to lose a good player (Baertschi/Granlund) in expansion.

I'd say someone that's not on that list.

Edler - to Tampa, for Killorn, 2nd.  It probably hurts us this year - and if Tanev doesn't stay healthy they're likely a lottery team again, but I think we've seen enough of Tryamkin and Sbisa to be comfortable with our LHD moving forward, particularly with Juolevi and Hutton also in the mix.

Just now, hammertime said:

Honestly I'm doubtful that the return offered on Burr would be enough to outweigh the value of just letting him finish the season here as the line of Bae Bo Burr are clicking and gaining confidence each day. Obviously if MTL throws one of their 2 2nds at us we have to make that deal. I'd just as soon keep him over a pick in the 80+ range and instead try to acquire higher value picks and prospects for Hansen and one of our expansion eligible D.

Totally agree. If Burr moves at all, it's for solid value IMO. We're not just going to throw him away for a 5th.

If we happen to lose Hansen to expansion, I'd even look hard at re-signing Burr for one more year, traded or not.

47 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Voted Burrows. Not because I necessarily want him traded. But there's been a fair amount of chatter about him being scouted by other teams and his strong play this season has likely upped his value. So it might be time to cash in. I could definitely see a contender looking to add him.

If Montreal gets him and Hanzal they're my pick to come out of the East IMO. 

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

The Sbisa and Hansen for a 2nd round pick each imo are awful deals for us - in keeping with the over-valuing of 2nd round picks around here.  What you accomplish in those deals is to thin out depth and still stand to lose a good player (Baertschi/Granlund) in expansion.

Edler - to Tampa, for Killorn, 2nd.

Yup.. I was thinking something around Hansen + for Killorn, but yeah, they need D too.  I think they want a righty though.

7 minutes ago, Agoork said:

Yup.. I was thinking something around Hansen + for Killorn, but yeah, they need D too.  I think they want a righty though.

I can't see Tampa adding any forwards.  RHD are relatively rarer and costly, so they may prefer a RHD, but are they willing to pay the price?

I think there are few teams in the NHL with blueline depth that they can afford to trade, and probably even less willing to deal a top 4/2 for a forward.

I think the Canucks are exceptionally well positioned in this sense.

16 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Edler - to Tampa, for Killorn, 2nd.  It probably hurts us this year - and if Tanev doesn't stay healthy they're likely a lottery team again, but I think we've seen enough of Tryamkin and Sbisa to be comfortable with our LHD moving forward, particularly with Juolevi and Hutton also in the mix.

6 minutes ago, Agoork said:

What else could we get on top of Killorn if we swapped Edler for Tanev? Killorn, a prospect (Raddysh, Cirelli?), and a 1st or 2nd?

26 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

if there was a no Canuck will be traded option, then that's what I would've voted for. I'll probably go with Burrows just because he deserves to win a Cup at some point but knowing Benning, he probably won't trade for a sake of a trade. it has to make sense

-Clint-as-William-Munny-clint-eastwood-3

1 hour ago, lmm said:

I went with Hutton, but I think you have overvalued all the players.

I am thinking Hutton + a 3rd for some Derek Dorsett like player

Hutton is worth more than a 3rd, a 2nd at least, he's a good young D-man with a bright future.

You can actually work this out scientifically...

The Nucks never make moves that actually help us, so Dorsett, Larsen, the Sedins, Gudbranson, Gaunce, Rodin, Edler, Biega, Loui, Miller and Pedan are all safe.

We usually don't so unbelievably stupid things either.  So, Hansen, Stetcher, Boeser, Tryamkin, Horvat, Baertschi, Granlund, Sutter, Hutton, Markstrom, Tanev and (as much as it pains me) Sbisa are all safe too.

We also try not to dishonour the players who have meant something to our team, if possible, so Burrows is probably safe as well.

That only leaves the guys who try really, really hard, but never get anywhere:  Skille, Megna, Chaput, Boucher.  But, no one will offer us anything of value for them.

We don't like trading prospects.  Which is good, because we have very few prospects that are worth anything.  And, the ones that are are un-tradeable.

So, that leaves only one guy who has any value and is tradeable by us:  Subban.  Our coaching staff has treated him like crap the entire time too, so it's only a matter of time before we unload him for whatever we can get.

And, that is why we haven't made any moves recently, despite being god-awful on the ice.  Subban won't get us very much help, and we have nothing else to trade.

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I can't see Tampa adding any forwards.  RHD are relatively rarer and costly, so they may prefer a RHD, but are they willing to pay the price?

I think there are few teams in the NHL with blueline depth that they can afford to trade, and probably even less willing to deal a top 4/2 for a forward.

I think the Canucks are exceptionally well positioned in this sense.

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

What else could we get on top of Killorn if we swapped Edler for Tanev? Killorn, a prospect (Raddysh, Cirelli?), and a 1st or 2nd?

I'd hate to lose Tanev, but you gotta give to get.  Killorn + (Raddysh, Cirelli or Howden) would be sweet.  Not sure if that is lopsided one way or the other, but it could be a basis for a package deal that benefits both teams.

6 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

You can actually work this out scientifically...

The Nucks never make moves that actually help us, so Dorsett, Larsen, the Sedins, Gudbranson, Gaunce, Rodin, Edler, Biega, Loui, Miller and Pedan are all safe.

We usually don't so unbelievably stupid things either.  So, Hansen, Stetcher, Boeser, Tryamkin, Horvat, Baertschi, Granlund, Sutter, Hutton, Markstrom, Tanev and (as much as it pains me) Sbisa are all safe too.

We also try not to dishonour the players who have meant something to our team, if possible, so Burrows is probably safe as well.

That only leaves the guys who try really, really hard, but never get anywhere:  Skille, Megna, Chaput, Boucher.  But, no one will offer us anything of value for them.

We don't like trading prospects.  Which is good, because we have very few prospects that are worth anything.  And, the ones that are are un-tradeable.

So, that leaves only one guy who has any value and is tradeable by us:  Subban.  Our coaching staff has treated him like crap the entire time too, so it's only a matter of time before we unload him for whatever we can get.

And, that is why we haven't made any moves recently, despite being god-awful on the ice.  Subban won't get us very much help, and we have nothing else to trade.

What kind of science is this again?

8 minutes ago, Agoork said:

I'd hate to lose Tanev, but you gotta give to get.  Killorn + (Raddysh, Cirelli or Howden) would be sweet.  Not sure if that is lopsided one way or the other, but it could be a basis for a package deal that benefits both teams.

I thought of almost the exact same package as well. Tampa desperately needs a RD and Hedman - Tanev would probably be the best shutdown pair in the league. 

16 minutes ago, Agoork said:

Edler imo is worth Killorn and Raddysh/Cirelli/Stephens/Joseph/Howden/Point - Tampa can afford to move a forward prospect and have a great deal more depth up front that they do on the blueline.  I don't think it's necessary to move Tanev in order to have a prospect subbed in for the 2nd I proposed - and the F prospect may make more sense for both sides as the Canucks could use a F approaching NHL readiness, and Tampa retaining their pick would enable them to possibly add a D to their prospect pool - so I think Pears' proposal is probably better than mine (which included a 2nd).

I also think it could be possible to take it a step further and add Pedan to a deal - in exchange for another F prospect.

If it had to be Tanev I think the principle has to be more significant.

I personally probably wouldn't make that deal.  Killorn could wind up exposed, and for Tanev, I probably want a more significant principle.

Imo the attractiveness of Edler to Tampa could be the reasonable price.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Edler imo is worth Killorn and Raddysh/Cirelli/Stephens/Joseph/Howden/Point - Tampa can afford to move a forward prospect and have a great deal more depth up front that they do on the blueline.  I don't think it's necessary to move Tanev in order to have a prospect subbed in for the 2nd I proposed - and the F prospect may make more sense for both sides as the Canucks could use a F approaching NHL readiness, and Tampa retaining their pick would enable them to possibly add a D to their prospect pool - so I think Pears' proposal is probably better than mine (which included a 2nd).

I also think it could be possible to take it a step further and add Pedan to a deal - in exchange for another F prospect.

Works for me!  I'd much rather move Edler than Tanev, but would likely be harder to do with his NTC.   Adding Pedan or even Subban to add an extra forward is fine with me.  I don't see Subban fitting here, and he would probably be more effective int he East anyways.  

1 hour ago, swizzey said:

What would be suitable return?

Burrows - 2nd Round Pick/Prospect

Dorsett - 3rd Round Pick/Prospect

Hansen - 2nd Round Pick/Prospect

Sedins - 1st Round Pick + Prospect

Tanev - 1st Round Pick (+ Prospect?)

Hutton - 1st Round Pick/Prospect

Sbisa - 2nd/3rd Round Pick/Propsect

Miller - 2nd Round Pick/Propsect

Virtanen - 1st Round Pick/Prospect

FREE WILLY - We throw in a bag of pucks for whoever takes him

Burrows - 3rd Round Pick or C+/B- Prospect (decent chance to be moved)

Dorsett - low pick (dont think hes worth anything while unhealthy)

Hansen - 2nd Round Pick and a B+ Prospect (decent chance, most likely to be moved)

Sedins - 1st Round Pick + Prospect (1% that they are moved, then yah prob 1st round pick, a A and B prospect) 

Tanev - 1st Round Pick  and a B+ prospect (highly doubt he's moved)

Hutton - For a roster player forward or A prospect (can only see him being moved for a forward) 

Sbisa - 2nd/3rd Round Pick/Propsect (i hope hes not moved, definetly the biggest suprises of this year)

Miller - 2nd Round Pick/Propsect (wont be moved unless a goalie comes back, but yah prob a second and a prospect)

Virtanen - 1st Round Pick/Prospect (ride or die, rather he pans out, or hes worthless...) 

FREE WILLY - We throw in a bag of pucks for whoever takes him (lol)

Archived