The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first Canuck traded in 2017?

swizzey

Who will be the first Canuck traded in 2017?  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Agoork said:

Works for me!  I'd much rather move Edler than Tanev, but would likely be harder to do with his NTC.   Adding Pedan or even Subban to add an extra forward is fine with me.  I don't see Subban fitting here, and he would probably be more effective int he East anyways.  

I love Edler and wouldn't necessarily want to strong arm him to waive, but at the same time the reality is that the Canucks potentially face exposing Sbisa, and at this point imo it's not clear who is the better asset for the team moving forward - ie it's not self-evident that we protect Edler over Sbisa having seen Sbisa's steady improvement and his rise to playing very signficant minutes this year - and effectiveness in doing so.  The team suffers without Edler, but is set up fairly well on the left side moving forward.

So, if it came down to exposing Edler over Sbisa, I imagine Tampa might be a pretty attractive alternative to Las Vegas.  And at the relative price it would cost Tampa to acquire Edler, I think that may actually be a better option for them than fixing on whether or not he's a right-handed shot.

Repeating myself here, but Hedman makes the necessity of Edler playing #1 type minutes unnecessary - he could extend his prime there and potentiall walk away with a Cup - or at least the opportunity to win one.  I certainly can't speak for him, but that is the context - I know which I'd choose - and he may actually prefer Tampa over Vancouver at this point for a couple reasons.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Jimbo is good at trading. He got great return for Hamhuis and Vrbata last year. 

The irony is Hammer ended up signing a more lucrative deal with the stars than Russel did... so who is to blame lol? JIMBO! 

i don't know, i wasn't involved with that transaction. my opinion isn't worth much.

12 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I think JB should put together a mega deal. Tanev+Hansen+Marky for a top rookie a prospect and a 1st

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm in!  Who do we target?  (Did Alf just nibble bait?) :lol:

Winnipeg? They need a goalie. Hansen's wife is from the 'peg. Tanev is Tanev, he's an upgrade on anyones top 4. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Winnipeg? They need a goalie. Hansen's wife is from the 'peg. Tanev is Tanev, he's an upgrade on anyones top 4. 

Who does the Peg have we would want?  I guess we would have to take back one of their (horrific) goalies for starters, but who after that?  

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I tend to think there's almost as much a chance Benning GIVES UP a pick to acquire somebody at or near the trading deadline I'm afraid.

I hope I'm wrong.

Been reading Hutton rumours.  Very concerned JB does something like that:(

7 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Who does the Peg have we would want?  I guess we would have to take back one of their (horrific) goalies for starters, but who after that?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

A 1st round pick, Trouba back our way? I dunno, trying to help Stonker out here. 

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I tend to think there's almost as much a chance Benning GIVES UP a pick to acquire somebody at or near the trading deadline I'm afraid.

I hope I'm wrong.

He's already come out saying he won't do that. It would have to be a very exceptional deal for him to go back on that now. 

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

Hansen or Tanev or both at the same time. Fixes our expansion worries and we get a solid return. 

... except for the fact that 29 other teams also have expansion worries. 

Probably not the ideal window to maximize value. 

2 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Have there been any trades in the NHL this season?

No Happenings League. 

GMs still working on their roster's on who to protect & not protect (re: expansion draft).  I doubt the non-activity (trading) will last throughout the season.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Like Vey for a second? :lol:

In hindsight tho, who the hell could have predicted the guys dad was headed for jail for plotting to kill his mom? God. And with all that going on he still did OK. I actually would have like to see Jim sign him to a 2 way deal and plop him in Utica, just out of acknowledgement for what the kid was going through, and Utica could sure use him. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

In hindsight tho, who the hell could have predicted the guys dad was headed for jail for plotting to kill his mom? God. And with all that going on he still did OK. I actually would have like to see Jim sign him to a 2 way deal and plop him in Utica, just out of acknowledgement for what the kid was going through, and Utica could sure use him. 

Yup, Vey seemed like a good young guy, that's for sure.

Archived