The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most exciting run I've seen...

Where'd Luongo?

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I was 4 during the '94 series and I'm 26 now, but I still think my handle is pure gold :)

Side note, didn't the Expos get screwed in their best season as there was a lockout?

I see.

Yeah - it was the strike season - and it ultimately sealed the fate of the franchise - but those Expos were one of the deepest and most complete teams ever.

2011 was the mass Effect series of seasons.

Great buildup, awesome storyline and continuous upgrades on action until that really really bad ending that makes you want to forget the whole thing happened. 

In all honesty it would have been better to have lost to the hawks after letting them come back like that and be fresh for the next season probably winning the cup considering the road LA had

On 1/18/2017 at 1:23 PM, hlinkas wrister said:

The 2011 team was the most complete Canucks team in their history, at times they were dominant. But the 2011 playoffs were nowhere near the sheer emotional rollercoaster that the 1994 playoffs were.

1982....a team full of 'ordinary joe's' make it to the Finals.  First time in the franchise's history they did anything in the post-season.

"First time" is always special.

Just our luck we faced a team full of legit HHOFers...

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Man you better put those on a USB drive before they no longer work!

VHS lasts forever unless you store them near a magnet. 

They're in perfect condition ^_^

I started to transfer them to DVD a while back but lost them so will have to start over. 

3 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

I literally couldn't get into the video because of the horrendous music choices.

Feel that.

The only thing worse is when somebody uploads a video with that stupid annoying robotic narrative voice.

th.is vi.deo is.rea.lly coo.l but I cann.ot wa.tch it cu.z yer voi.ce is so a.nn.oy.ing

lol

On 1/18/2017 at 2:34 PM, Father Ryan said:

I've seen all 3 of our Cup runs. The 2011 team; without a few key injuries, we are the champs. Boston was the big, bad Bruins, but except for their goalie, Chara and that f***ing little pest Marchand, not anywhere near as talented as us. The '94 team, that was truly emotional, but it wasn't like the team didn't have some stars and a halfway good reason to be there (ahem, ever heard of Pavel Bure?). The '82 team...honestly they had NO business being there. That team was born against the Flames, when Curt Fraser absolutely pummeled someone. After that, the team took on Roger Neilson's character against Chicago. And against the Islanders, well...both teams pretty much played to their full potential in all 4 games (6-5, 6-4, 3-0, 3-1). But when Snepsts launched Mike Bossy, and he STILL FREAKIN' scored (!!!), you knew that it would take Holy intervention for us to win.

I'll take the '82 series as the most gut wrenching, at least until the Finals. That goes to the '94 team.

The Bruins may not have been as talented but totally wiped-out the Canucks the last 3 games

Archived