The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] Whats Hutton worth in a trade?

JM_

10 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

now i get it. thanks. I thought they were going the 7 F / 3D way but if they can just protect any 8 then sure, its not a big deal

Yeah that's what i'm trying to say. 

Duchene for Hutton and they lose Comeau

Duchene for Fowler and the lose Colborne.

Either way it's not a big loss for the av's, both players suck.

There is benefit for hutton going to a team that needs to free up space though.  Like the lightning, or bluejackets.

A Hutton package for one of their forwards would have huge benefit for those teams.

But preferably canucks are looking to move one of their D that requires protection, so we don't lose anyone important in expansion.

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

There is benefit for hutton going to a team that needs to free up space though.  Like the lightning, or bluejackets.

A Hutton package for one of their forwards would have huge benefit for those teams. 

Saad or Drouin?

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

But preferably canucks are looking to move one of their D that requires protection, so we don't lose anyone important in expansion.

That makes sense. In terms of expansion losses, yah moving Sbisa is the easiest thing to do, but if Hutton could help net a young-ish top 6 F... hard to say no. 

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tanev for 

Saad or 

Drouin?

Saad's that proven LW Benning's been looking for... 

I don't know how thrilled I'd be with Drouin... what if he pulls the same holdout routine here? 

5 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

So it certainly sounds like from Jim's interview this morning that a D man is potentially on the table. Personally I like the idea of an Olli-Guddy pairing, and teams like Colorado are looking for young D. Benning mentioned Olli and Stecher specifically so that makes me wonder if Hutton might be the young one to be moved. 

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/benning-staying-the-course-could-move-a-defenceman-1.653695

So... what could Hutton fetch? What would we have to add, and it can't include picks, to do a deal involving Duchene and Hutton?

Virtanen + Hutton for Duchene? 

Personally I find duchene not good enough at his age to trade for 

And Landeskog has been bad since he had a couple good seasons. Is still inquire tho cuz he needs a fresh start.

I say hold on to him unless we really are getting someone good and young in return. 

Personallay huttons trade value isn't that high rn. We over rate him bcuz of his charming smile but realistically he's worth a second.

2 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

Personally I find duchene not good enough at his age to trade for 

And Landeskog has been bad since he had a couple good seasons. Is still inquire tho cuz he needs a fresh start.

I say hold on to him unless we really are getting someone good and young in return. 

Personallay huttons trade value isn't that high rn. We over rate him bcuz of his charming smile but realistically he's worth a second.

Huh,  thats interesting. I think people on CDC are really underestimating him. He's only 26. Every year he's been healthy he's scored between 55 and 70 pts (5/7 years). This year he's 61% on face offs. If we could get that for Hutton I'd be ecstatic. 

Duchene and pick for Hutton and Granlund?  I might consider it.

Twins, Eriksson, Sutter, Sven, Bo, Duchene to protect, while Tree and Olli can fill the role that Ben has been filling in the top 4.  It might cost Granny as is to get Matt in the first place, since Ben isn't really in the same caliber as Matt.

I think Colorado is a great trading partner

I would go...............Landeskog and Jost    for    Tanev, Baertschi and Hansen

For us this is an up grade at LW, and a potential #1 Center

For Colorado this fills in a lot of holes, and let's them Draft another decent player, and they have room to protect them all at the expansion draft

I think this makes us younger and better.....I think Colorado does it!......Thoughts!

On 1/19/2017 at 11:23 AM, S'all Good Man said:

No, but he does help another team with that so its part of the value equation in a trade. Landeskog would be a great fit with Bo too. 

I actually think it would be perfect to add Erickson to that equation too.

Two guys to make space and drive to the net, and a finisher who does his best work close in snapping in rebounds and short passes.  All three of them defensively responsible enough to also play match up/shut down against opposing top lines.

Just now, Provost said:

I actually think it would be perfect to add Erickson to that equation too.

Two guys to make space and drive to the net, and a finisher who does his best work close in snapping in rebounds and short passes.  All three of them defensively responsible enough to also play match up/shut down against opposing top lines.

For sure. I'm hoping Willie can test out a Loui-Bo-Boeser line if there aren't any FA or trade top 6 additions next season.

On 1/19/2017 at 3:01 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Definitely.. I'm still sticking to Tanev being moved for a young top 6. 

I would really like a Tanev for Landeskog trade....................in this..............Tanev has showed consistency, where Landeskog has dipped, is it his team mates or is it him?

Therefore, as part of the complete trade..........Tanev ,Hansen, and Virtanen  for Landeskog and Jost........I wish!

* I may be in the minority here, but I think Virtanen still has great value, as he will mature, and contribute as a strong 3rd line player

Archived