The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is there so much hate in this world? (Story+Discussion)

ReggieBush

19 hours ago, Apricot said:

"My version of Islam"  There is only one version of Islam. Its a religion of peace, it and we, the vast majority of Muslims do  not condone the things that are happening in the world. The so called "Muslim people" who are doing the things that are happening, they claim that their doing in the name of Islam and in the name of Allah. Its all wrong, and it pains me each and every day when people think that Muslim's are terrorists, and we should all go to hell. I'm not saying its a perfect religion,because lets be honest Dral, there is no perfect religion. Every religion has their flaws. But its in no way the type of religion that people in the media are making it out to be. Also, if you look closely and do research, Christianity and Islam are not at all different. We, the vast majority of Muslims condemn these acts that are happening across the world and we always will.  Also, my Grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces and nephews all live in Pakistan, Dubai, India, Bangladesh, Lahore. All of them are hardcore Muslims, who practice Islam, go to the Mosque every day for prayers. All their lives are going pretty darn well. Our lives are not different. 

Edit: I'm not here to change your mind on your thoughts of Muslims and Islam, because honestly I've tried so many times with so so many people and they just don't understand. Its like me when it comes to math, I don't understand it and it goes over the top of my head. You have your views, beliefs, and thoughts and while I don't agree with it at all, I'll respect it. Its who I am as a person, I'm not here to judge you for what you believe. I guess I don't have hate in me. 

where did this "muslim people" go wrong, if you do everything that the Qu'ran says you'll be like ISIS. Everything that ISIS or every Muslims countries violation of human rights is backed up by Qu'ran. 

How can you change people's mind when Muslim countries have much worst violation of human rights and most Terrorists are Muslims. Muslim men are also raping women in Europe completely disregarding their right. Peace is only achieved in Islam when everyone converts to it.

a different sec of Muslims are killing other Muslims because they think they don't follow what the Qu'ran says.

10 hours ago, BlackBeard said:

where did this "muslim people" go wrong, if you do everything that the Qu'ran says you'll be like ISIS. Everything that ISIS or every Muslims countries violation of human rights is backed up by Qu'ran. 

How can you change people's mind when Muslim countries have much worst violation of human rights and most Terrorists are Muslims. Muslim men are also raping women in Europe completely disregarding their right. Peace is only achieved in Islam when everyone converts to it.

a different sec of Muslims are killing other Muslims because they think they don't follow what the Qu'ran says.

Yup and if all Christians followed the Bible gays would be put to death. It's a guidance, not a word for word we must follow faith. How many white males rape women? Bad people are bad people. They come in all different races and religions. There is no blanket statement that is true. The statement "All conservatives are racist" is equally as untrue as "all Muslims are bad". We as a society need to start treating people as individuals rather then compartmentalizing them into smaller "identity" groups.

1 hour ago, Mattrek said:

Yup and if all Christians followed the Bible gays would be put to death. It's a guidance, not a word for word we must follow faith. How many white males rape women? Bad people are bad people. They come in all different races and religions. There is no blanket statement that is true. The statement "All conservatives are racist" is equally as untrue as "all Muslims are bad". We as a society need to start treating people as individuals rather then compartmentalizing them into smaller "identity" groups.

Problem is people are just so lazy...   Ignorance is easier in the short term......

Look at the people that voted for Trump and now are regretting it so much....... Ashamed  and embarrassed of their own country now.  So sad to see such good people and a good country go  down that road..

Love TRUMPS hate  every time - every day. 

On 2/20/2017 at 7:46 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

One culture has produced NFL cheerleaders. Close your eyes and picture that blonde and beautiful, half-dressed shameless girl.The other has produced something else.

You say this like NFL cheerleaders are the crowning achievement of western civilization. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

O ok I thought you had missed monys post.

No i knew you were joking.  Crazy how the yanks have such a fascination of cheerleading and how they seem to legitimize the activity / sport .

I don't want to see my future daughter cheering others......   I would want to see her PLAYING the sport. 

54 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

No i knew you were joking.  Crazy how the yanks have such a fascination of cheerleading and how they seem to legitimize the activity / sport .

I don't want to see my future daughter cheering others......   I would want to see her PLAYING the sport. 

+1 I totally agree with this.

The importance of the separation between Church/Religion and the State.  

Western laws/society may be originally based on Judeo-Christian values, but has deviated to a point where the Bible is just a symbolic item and is not enforceable.

The Islamic world has no separation (except for Turkey, kinda).... the law of the land and whatever is written in the Koran are joined the hip.  Enforcement of one means the enforcement of both.  When you treat your code of law as intertwined with your culture and history.... attack on their backward laws means an attack on their current culture and religion.  

What the Middle East need is the next Ataturk.  Instead... they got the Bin Laden and random ISIS scumbags making headlines and attracting followers.  

On 2/19/2017 at 7:34 PM, Dral said:

Jehovah's Witnesses say there is only one true version of Christianity, as Mormons, Catholics etc... The fact remains there are a $h!T ton of people out there who call themselves Muslim, read the Koran, go the Mosque every day and have a huge fundamentally different idea of what Islam means then you do... and they say the same thing you do as well...  Muslims do commit terrorist acts, that doesn't mean all Muslims or even the majority of Muslims are terrorists, however you do not hear a public condemnation from other Muslims when it happens and THAT is the big difference between practitioners of Islam and modern day Christianity...

Sure, the old testament is one of the most horrific religious texts ever written, but modern Jews and Christians don't follow it as literal any more - they refuse to bake cakes for gay weddings, they don't throw gays off the roof tops... and I'm pretty sure if you ask a gay person, that's a pretty significant difference between the religions for them.

Obviously this doesn't represent all Muslims... but until you hear moderates such as yourself speak out against the atrocities when it happens, if you guys continue to let violent ones do the speaking, your religion is going to be looked at with fear, and rightly so, because even 10% of Muslims (and polls in the UK show it's more like 20% of Muslims who support Islamic terrorist attacks) is a number so high, it approaches the population of the US...

The Quran isn't perfect, Islam isn't perfect, just like the Bible isn't perfect, and Christianity, and Judaism, and all other religions, are not perfect. Muslims are not following the Quran by doing these acts that are happening across the world. Like a poster said a couple of pages back, they're using religion as an excuse. People are saying Muslim's are terrorists, and Islam is a horrible religion without actually going through and thoroughly reading up on Islam, and Muslim's. You can't base your opinion on such a big topic by looking up articles and video's on the internet. I'm not saying you're going to find everything all rainbows and butterflies about Islam if you do research, just like I wouldn't find rainbows and butterflies if I did research on the Bible. But it's not the type of religion that the media and the world is making it out to be. Also, being gay in Islam is not a sin, committing a homosexual act is the sin, there's a difference. Also, I have no idea where you're reading that people throw gays off roof tops? Where did you even read that from? 

And here's two stories to finish off this post:

1) My friend's best friend, who is Muslim, came out to her family almost 3 years ago. She was terrified, like any gay person who comes out of the closet, its terrifying for almost everybody. When she came out, her family was so supportive of her. Her parent's even smiled and her mom said, "You're a terrible cook, so as long as your future wife knows how to cook, I'm happy." Something like that, I'm paraphrasing. Fast forward to December 2016. She got married to a girl she had been dating for like a year and a half, and her entire family was there so happy for her. I cried looking at the wedding pictures, it was so beautiful. 

2) My best friend's brother, he's Christian. He came out to his parent's like 6 months ago. What was their reaction? They kicked him out of the house. They made sure that he was cut out from the ENTIRE family. My best friend, his sister, couldn't see him or talk to him. I had to be the messenger for both of them for like 4 months. I didn't mind, I can't imagine me being cut off from talking or seeing my brother or sister, especially being in the situation he's still in. Currently, he's still not talking to almost all his family members. His sister gets through to him time and time again. But he's cut off from his entire family. 

Two different Religions, two completely different reactions. One got a happy ending, the other one's is tragic story still going on. Bet you thought the happy ending would go to the gay Christian guy. Not everything is how it seems, Dral. 

On 2/20/2017 at 8:43 AM, BlackBeard said:

Like I said with Dral's reply. The Quran does not say any of these things, it is not backed up by any of these things that are happening across the world. Read thoroughly about Islam, read the Quran even. White men don't rape women? That story about the college kid who raped a girl and only got three months in county jail. Didn't read up about that? @Mattrek is right when he said bad people are bad people, they come in different races and religions. Don't label Muslim's as bad people. Bad people should be labeled bad people. 

21 hours ago, Mattrek said:

If Christians followed the Bible, they wouldn't care about gay people. If Christians followed the Bible, the only thing that matters the most is sharing the gospel. Gay people are put to death in other islamic countries, but America, which has the most Christians are tolerant of gays.

There is no blank statement that is true, I agree. But a single exception to a pattern is not enough to not be concerned about a certain group, which in these case, Muslims. 

8 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

If Christians followed the Bible, they wouldn't care about gay people. If Christians followed the Bible, the only thing that matters the most is sharing the gospel. Gay people are put to death in other islamic countries, but America, which has the most Christians are tolerant of gays.

There is no blank statement that is true, I agree. But a single exception to a pattern is not enough to not be concerned about a certain group, which in these case, Muslims. 

I think you mean the "New Testament".  Does anyone know if Muslims believe in the "Old Testament"?

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

The Quran isn't perfect, Islam isn't perfect, just like the Bible isn't perfect, and Christianity, and Judaism, and all other religions, are not perfect. Muslims are not following the Quran by doing these acts that are happening across the world. Like a poster said a couple of pages back, they're using religion as an excuse. People are saying Muslim's are terrorists, and Islam is a horrible religion without actually going through and thoroughly reading up on Islam, and Muslim's. You can't base your opinion on such a big topic by looking up articles and video's on the internet. I'm not saying you're going to find everything all rainbows and butterflies about Islam if you do research, just like I wouldn't find rainbows and butterflies if I did research on the Bible. But it's not the type of religion that the media and the world is making it out to be. Also, being gay in Islam is not a sin, committing a homosexual act is the sin, there's a difference. Also, I have no idea where you're reading that people throw gays off roof tops? Where did you even read 

Like I said with Dral's reply. The Quran does not say any of these things, it is not backed up by any of these things that are happening across the world. Read thoroughly about Islam, read the Quran even. White men don't rape women? That story about the college kid who raped a girl and only got three months in county jail. Didn't read up about that? @Mattrek is right when he said bad people are bad people, they come in different races and religions. Don't label Muslim's as bad people. Bad people should be labeled bad people. 

Why waste time in believing something you believe is not perfect?

I agree Bad people should be labeled as Bad people. Buy a single exception is not enough to disregard a pattern completely.  When refugees from Muslim countries who are welcomed in Europe doesn't know how to respect women, and rape by refugees in Sweden are now very high, fear and prevention of these people from any country is Justifiable.

And why does my cousin who's a Muslim had to teach Muslims from a Muslim region in our country to be civilized and teach them what they can and cannot do.

18 minutes ago, Apricot said:

The Quran isn't perfect, Islam isn't perfect, just like the Bible isn't perfect, and Christianity, and Judaism, and all other religions, are not perfect. Muslims are not following the Quran by doing these acts that are happening across the world. Like a poster said a couple of pages back, they're using religion as an excuse. People are saying Muslim's are terrorists, and Islam is a horrible religion without actually going through and thoroughly reading up on Islam, and Muslim's. You can't base your opinion on such a big topic by looking up articles and video's on the internet. I'm not saying you're going to find everything all rainbows and butterflies about Islam if you do research, just like I wouldn't find rainbows and butterflies if I did research on the Bible. But it's not the type of religion that the media and the world is making it out to be. Also, being gay in Islam is not a sin, committing a homosexual act is the sin, there's a difference. Also, I have no idea where you're reading that people throw gays off roof tops? Where did you even read that from? 

And here's two stories to finish off this post:

1) My friend's best friend, who is Muslim, came out to her family almost 3 years ago. She was terrified, like any gay person who comes out of the closet, its terrifying for almost everybody. When she came out, her family was so supportive of her. Her parent's even smiled and her mom said, "You're a terrible cook, so as long as your future wife knows how to cook, I'm happy." Something like that, I'm paraphrasing. Fast forward to December 2016. She got married to a girl she had been dating for like a year and a half, and her entire family was there so happy for her. I cried looking at the wedding pictures, it was so beautiful. 

2) My best friend's brother, he's Christian. He came out to his parent's like 6 months ago. What was their reaction? They kicked him out of the house. They made sure that he was cut out from the ENTIRE family. My best friend, his sister, couldn't see him or talk to him. I had to be the messenger for both of them for like 4 months. I didn't mind, I can't imagine me being cut off from talking or seeing my brother or sister, especially being in the situation he's still in. Currently, he's still not talking to almost all his family members. His sister gets through to him time and time again. But he's cut off from his entire family. 

Two different Religions, two completely different reactions. One got a happy ending, the other one's is tragic story still going on. Bet you thought the happy ending would go to the gay Christian guy. Not everything is how it seems, Dral. 

Lol. Guess only you can verify that story. You say we shouldn't believe what the media says and shows about Islam but we should believe your story about taking a stab at Christians.

Archived