The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Just a gem of an article on Zack MacEwen written by Cory Hergott of Canucks Army.

It’s a really great read, and I encourage people to click over and check it out on Canucks Army: 

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/09/24/the-journey-to-pro-hockey-from-the-perspective-of-a-parent-with-craig-macewen/

The article will probably read best from the original site, but for the “Canucks Smarmy” crew, I’ll try to post the whole thing here, since some CDCers don’t like to give CA their page views.

Perhaps if Jeremy Davis had done even a modicum of investigation like Cory has, he wouldn't have publicly embarrassed himself with his off-the-cuff smarm article in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zack looks great down on the farm.  I remember watching him in the Young Stars in September.  A Jets defender ran him from behind into the boards.  Zack immediately dropped his gloves and kicked the crap out of the kid.  Didn't happen again.  Type of player we need on a team clearly lacking grit and character right now.

• Upvote 3

On 2018-10-21 at 11:15 AM, J-P said:

Really hope Mac and Gadj pans out. Love EP, QH, Goldy, Dahlen etc. but we need some grit as well.

Temper your expectations with Gadjovic... he’s tracking to be a career AHLer at best. 

Hope he shows improvement in Utica year to year. 

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Temper your expectations with Gadjovic... he’s tracking to be a career AHLer at best. 

Hope he shows improvement in Utica year to year. 

Temper your expectations with Gadjovich.... he’s a 19 year old playing on a crowded AHL roster. Just because he’s not slotted in the lineup every game doesn’t mean he’s tracking more to a career in the AHL.

15 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Temper your expectations with Gadjovich.... he’s a 19 year old playing on a crowded AHL roster. Just because he’s not slotted in the lineup every game doesn’t mean he’s tracking more to a career in the AHL.

Way too early too tell is my opinion. Mac looks like he’s ready now but that’s in the minors on a hot streak probably. The major’s a different level. Gadj can make the step in 2020 and be ready for prime time in 2021 when we’re contending...

38 minutes ago, J-P said:

Way too early too tell is my opinion. Mac looks like he’s ready now but that’s in the minors on a hot streak probably. The major’s a different level. Gadj can make the step in 2020 and be ready for prime time in 2021 when we’re contending...

Got to give him prime time to see where he is at . Put him on EP's wing and see what happens. Big Mean can skate pass and has grit EP's new best buddy.

• Cheers 1