The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

A little disappointed Zack didn't get the call to see what he can do. Had a decent preseason and a great start to this year so it would have been fun and good for him to see some time at the NHL  level.

True but Gaudette is very deserving IMO and has looked great so far.  

Unfortunately there will be many more injuries this year, so I’m sure he’ll get a few games.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

A little disappointed Zack didn't get the call to see what he can do. Had a decent preseason and a great start to this year so it would have been fun and good for him to see some time at the NHL  level.

Nice problem to have though with deserving players waiting for their chance... Mac’s time will come if he continues to perform

4 minutes ago, J-P said:

Nice problem to have though with deserving players waiting for their chance... Mac’s time will come if he continues to perform

He had a strong year last year and has come back and continued. Realizing that injuries will happen in Vancouver I do expect to see him get called up. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

He had a strong year last year and has come back and continued. Realizing that injuries will happen in Vancouver I do expect to see him get called up. 

Maybe with Beagle out for 3-5 more weeks, there’s time enough to rotate Zack in after Guadette gets a couple more under his belt.. always good to reward a players enthusiasm and hard work with the NHL dollar earning of their contract..  

If I’m correct, it’s usually a 100% upgrade per game in the bigs ?

• Upvote 1

I'd say this stint with Beagle out is as good a time as any to rotate through a few of our depth players. Archie got the call today. Give him a few games. If he doesn't quite produce (not just points, but also hits and good two way play), then start looking at the depth for 5 game stints. I could see Gaudette and Archie being the first calls. After those two, I see Zack as next in line, before Dahlen.

Was a little disappointed to see Darren Archibald get the call before Zack MacEwen with Boeser being injured.

That being said, Zack's gotta be the next guy who gets called up if another long term injury hits the lineup. Really feel like the Canucks have found a diamond in the rough with this kid.

11 hours ago, Quantum said:

Was a little disappointed to see Darren Archibald get the call before Zack MacEwen with Boeser being injured.

That being said, Zack's gotta be the next guy who gets called up if another long term injury hits the lineup. Really feel like the Canucks have found a diamond in the rough with this kid.

Archie has more than earned that call up.  He deserves it

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, tas said:

archibald has to be running out of shots at the nhl. he consistently proves that he can't consistently bring a meaningful contribution to the lineup for more than about 7 periods before falling off the map. 

I think Archie has bought into the idea of being a versatile AHL Vet..

Quite Frankly I see Darren and Biegga as our unsung heroes..

always ready willing and able.

Truly Dedicated and are helping this franchise evolve at both the AHL and NHL levels.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-23 at 12:36 PM, vannuck59 said:

Zack is ready, a spot will open just a mater of time.

Big, tough right winger that can score?  

Seems like every team just about could use one.  Well we have Virtanen, but Virtanen played mostly lw in junior.  Or we could get really interesting depth on rw: Boeser, Virtanen, Schaller, McEwan, Gadjovich, Lind, Jasek, Lockwood.  Well, I’m pretty sure they won’t all work out for us. Damn, life is tough.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy has a future in the NHL, and hopefully we see him very soon.

I'm hoping he can become a Miles Wood for us. MacEwen is way bigger, but the two play a very similar game.

I'd say he's probably further ahead than Gaudette.

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intrigued by this guy for sure. Was it wrong of us to pass on calling up him and bring up "Hobey Baker" Gaudette? Would that have ruffled his feathers or put a bad taste in his mouth if he wasn't a guarantee early call up?

Its just a simple question. But from what I hear and see MaCewen sure seems like he is deserving of being on this team. Heck he could have just made it out right and we could have passed on the Schaller signing all together?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1