The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | March 25th, 2017 | 11 AM | Sportsnet Pacific | The "Whose Canucks Are These Anyway?" Edition

Cramarossa

1 hour ago, Hockey101 class said:

I honestly thought Boeser would never sign in Van. Oh im so happy to be wrong welcome to the Canucks Boeser our luck is about to change.

I just wasn't sure myself, the burning of his first year and the signing bonus likely had something to do with it as well as the game being played in his home town. Even tired he certainly was more noticeable than Goldobin.

Another game where the Canucks score on about 18% of their shots, when it was 4-0 the team shooting percentage was around 28%.

Two wins with a combined 25.6% scoring percentage, very impressive, sustainable?

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I just wasn't sure myself, the burning of his first year and the signing bonus likely had something to do with it as well as the game being played in his home town. Even tired he certainly was more noticeable than Goldobin.

Another game where the Canucks score on about 18% of their shots, when it was 4-0 the team shooting percentage was around 28%.

Two wins with a combined 25.6% scoring percentage, very impressive, sustainable?

Sorry if goaltending steals a game or if the Canucks convert their chances in a few games.  Nobody is confusing them for the Blackhawks any time soon.  Canucks are 3-5-2 in their last 10.  Why not just enjoy the 3 wins rather than wish they went 0-10-0 and lament the lost 1.5% in draft lottery odds.

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Sorry if goaltending steals a game or if the Canucks convert their chances in a few games.  Nobody is confusing them for the Blackhawks any time soon.  Canucks are 3-5-2 in their last 10.  Why not just enjoy the 3 wins rather than wish they went 0-10-0 and lament the lost 1.5% in draft lottery odds.

What the? What ever gave you the idea I didn't enjoy watching the games?

Look, I did my "guess" at where the team would end up in July and later in February, 28th overall, nothing changes that "guess" so I am not disappointed with a win or two, I even "guessed" they would finish with around 75 points this year when a lot of posters were upset with the 65 point predictions.

So now I make a comment on extraordinary scoring percentages and that is to be considered bad?

And I know you are being very optimistic but 3 wins? Isn't it only 2 so far? Road trip.

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

What the? What ever gave you the idea I didn't enjoy watching the games?

Look, I did my "guess" at where the team would end up in July and later in February, 28th overall, nothing changes that "guess" so I am not disappointed with a win or two, I even "guessed" they would finish with around 75 points this year when a lot of posters were upset with the 65 point predictions.

So now I make a comment on extraordinary scoring percentages and that is to be considered bad?

And I know you are being very optimistic but 3 wins? Isn't it only 2 so far? Road trip.

Perhaps I'm projecting others' negativity onto you, but there is a lot of hand wringing over Miller stealing games and low shot totals.  Wins by total domination in every facet of the game are rare, even for top teams.

I think most on here had the Canucks as a bubble team at best, and they were that for most of the year.  Can't speak for others, but when the 65 point prediction came out, I scoffed at not so much the point total but rather that the 65 points represented dead last by a long shot in the prediction.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with the goaltending next year.  Depending on what they do there and perhaps a trade or two more for futures, next year may be the appropriate year for last place predictions.

In the meantime, I will always hope and cheer for the best, and won't apologize for good goaltending, taking advantage of scoring chances, or "winning despite analytics".

Archived