The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | March 25th, 2017 | 11 AM | Sportsnet Pacific | The "Whose Canucks Are These Anyway?" Edition

Cramarossa

Just now, Canuck_Fan_52 said:

Nice to see a Win for the Team and Boeser scoring his 1st NHL goal!  Talk about first impressions! 

Absolutely!  Always LOVE to see us win.  Is the Bo, Baer, Bess line going to be our next number one line?

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Why wasn't Boucher out there until literally the last couple of seconds?

This is why I don't like Willie :/

honestly I was impressed that Willie had Boucher out there in the last 3 minutes. 

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Sedins and Edler are THE WORST players to put on the ice in the last 2 minutes of a game, with a lead.

Of course Willie's brain cramp doesn't know that.

But but they know his precuius "system" and like he trusts them because they are vets and stuff.

Real gud.

Just now, Dannydog said:

I must be Missing something. Why does WD deploy the sedins in any defensive zone coverage , especially in the last 4 mins. I am completely confused by this strategy. If any can explain please help me out.

Some people think it's part of a mysterious 'successful' system.  

Nice win boys! Team tank - you think wins like this don't matter in the development of our kids? they sure do

We just knocked off two of the top teams in the league in three games with a mishmash of nhl'ers/ahlers and rookies

Love what Benning and Willie are doing - they are developing and transitioning properly, and we're missing Granlund, Dorsett and Guddy

Future is only going to be better, 2 years we're going to be knocking on the door again, wait and see!

12 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

A lot of the guys bought the propaganda hype  he was on three teams, etc,etc.There were not many who took time to learn on their own who this kid really is . Now the awareness factor has surfaced as WD had to give him more ice due to injuries. This has allowed him to play more up An down line up .He seems to find open ice is a good passer , has good hockey IQ and seems to be subtly improving his skating An backchecking.

He's Phil Kessel without the jets. I'll take it though. He's got a top 10 NHL wrist shot, and I'm not joking. He can be a useful player going forward.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Why wasn't Boucher out there until literally the last couple of seconds?

This is why I don't like Willie :/

Actually it was all Willie's plan. Put out Sedins line to get them scored on a couple of goals, so that they pull their goalie and then have Boucher gets an EN.

Problem was, Willie was looking for Megna instead as he totally forgot Boucher was still on the team.

Just now, Great Granny said:

He's Phil Kessel without the jets. I'll take it though. He's got a top 10 NHL wrist shot, and I'm not joking. He can be a useful player going forward.

More physical than Phil, don't you think?  Plus, more aware of his d - side of the game too.  

Archived