The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks, April 4th, 7:30 pm

Beary Sweet

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Most teams now, that have an elite skilled winger, will allow that player freedom to blow the zone, right?  Look at P. Kane, and J. Goudreau; they are often escaping.  I really don't understand why Willie D is so restrictive. 

The WD "Sit on our hands" approach. Sure we don't have an elite scoring winger but when a team spends to the cap.. you expect a little more than the product we are getting as fans. 

12 hours ago, coho8888 said:

To him everyone with an opposing view is biased while he's full of objectivity and well reasoned thoughts. 

Yes well it would appear you can barely cobble together a shopping list  :lol:based on the lack of reasoned thoughts you manage to post.

Come back when you have something relevant to say - I won't hold my breath.

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Most teams now, that have an elite skilled winger, will allow that player freedom to blow the zone, right?  Look at P. Kane, and J. Goudreau; they are often escaping.  I really don't understand why Willie D is so restrictive. 

It simple you are so "hockey challenged, you seem to think the Canucks have P. Kane and/or J Goudreau in the team. By the way both these players play a 200ft game.

You constantly do this time and again, you equate what WD has at his disposal to much more talented teams in order to make some spurious point. 

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

And we allow their D to stay up, and we get trapped endlessly in our own end.  I wonder if Willie is "out of touch" with coaching elite offensive players, excepting guys who grind it out down low, like the Twins?  Bo is great off the rush, and Willie D actually said he saw Bo as a checking centre, and put the kid on the fourth line, didn't he?  

We don't get trapped "endlessly" in our own end ffs. Go watch some other teams. The truth is we get little to no reward in points for our pressure and the reason for that is we don't have the players who can put the puck in the net at this level. Goldobin missed two open goals as did Boeser in the previous game. Our top two scorers are chronic.

We constantly fail to capitalise on our PP because our shooters all seem to need their vision checked and no one seems to go to the front of the net. Add in the fact that we have lost two of our best offensive talents (Burr and Hansen) and even you should be getting the picture.

Last but not least, we have a definite size and physicality deficit and it becomes obvious (to anyone who has a clue) why WD uses the systems he does.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Yes well it would appear you can barely cobble together a shopping list  :lol:based on the lack of reasoned thoughts you manage to post.

Come back when you have something relevant to say - I won't hold my breath.

Alf, I feel sorry for you, I really do.  You seem to lack the ability to have intelligent and healthy discussions with others on this board.  Your condescending replies to those that have opposing views do nothing but show your desperate and pathetic need to feel superior to others.  You claim my posts and others on here are biased and lack reasoning when you have no basis or evidence to back up that claim.  Pretty soon you will find less posters willing to play.  Maybe you should take up another hobby.

10 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I once saw a guy ask another poster to back up his boastful claim of being a junior hockey player and expert, and he did! 

He still posts here. He posted a link to his name and career stats on a hockey database to prove he wasn't just some internet hero. It was cool to see. 

Of course it was really him.. why would he lie?? It's the internet right??

9 hours ago, oldnews said:

HNI"Canada" has always shafted Vancouver.

Back in the day when there was one weekly televised game on a Saturday, it was Leafs after Leafs after Leafs game - part of why some of us older folks have such a longstanding hate of the Toronto media influence nationally.

Once this team finally became respectable - they trolled it endlessly, revelling in every near miss.  It was pathetic actually.

So, I'm with you on this one.  Screw the CBC.

I will say however, that of all the garbage they've propped up to cover the game, I don't mind a few of the most recent - ie ex-Oiler Louie Debrusk - I didn't expect it, but the guy is a professional, impartial breath of fresh air - almost of the old tradition where people covering the game didn't leak all over it.

Dude, isn't there something about Louie that's just great to listen to?!? love his insight intoto the game.  Also love his ability to be truly impartial and look at things with an open mind as he discusses certain issues.. guy is a breath of fresh air TBH.. we aren't the only ones who noticed I'm as sure, as the number of national games he's covering is goin up. Been meaning to bring him up, thx for doing so!!

3 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Alf, I feel sorry for you, I really do.  You seem to lack the ability to have intelligent and healthy discussions with others on this board.  Your condescending replies to those that have opposing views do nothing but show your desperate and pathetic need to feel superior to others.  You claim my posts and others on here are biased and lack reasoning when you have no basis or evidence to back up that claim.  Pretty soon you will find less posters willing to play.  Maybe you should take up another hobby.

Go look at your own posts before criticising others.

24 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Go look at your own posts before criticising others.

Yep go look at my posts.  I may have had a handful of heated exchanges in the past but in the end you will notice that I've almost always come to some understanding.  With you though well, your posts speak for themselves.

Have a good day!

8 hours ago, alfstonker said:

It simple you are so "hockey challenged, you seem to think the Canucks have P. Kane and/or J Goudreau in the team. By the way both these players play a 200ft game.

You constantly do this time and again, you equate what WD has at his disposal to much more talented teams in order to make some spurious point. 

j.goudreau plays a 200 ft game.LOL yeah,like a pansy. 

Archived