The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

2 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Tryamkin Ice Time: not a huge difference here guys. Especially for a rookie in a different league playing more games and not up to NHL fitness for the start of the year and also last year.

I'll never forget him down on his knees sucking wind during what I believe was 4vs4 last year and this was after his KHL season. He did a good job but it shows the difference in fitness especially for a big man.

Hope he does well in the KHL and comes back even better. Even if it costs more for us in the end.

Canucks

2016-2017 Regular Season - GP: 66   TOI: 16:44

Yekaterinburg Avtomobolist - avg ice time in KHL career is 16:12

2015-2016 Regular Season - GP 53  TOI: 17:41

2014-2015 Regular Season - GP 58  TOI: 14:15

2013-2014 Regular Season - GP 45  TOI: 16:30

With his stamina gain along with learning & playing against the best in the world, he will thrive in the KHL now & be a star in that league.

Going back to the KHL now, I predict a big jump in his overall game & his point production to go way up compared to when he left the KHL.

He will bring his stock up big time playing over there & still will earn a big pay day again in this league. 

37 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Garbage. It doesn't matter what your ice time is. Effort has nothing to do with ice time. Ask Burrows.

Garbage.   Sit on a wooden bench at a sub zero temperature for 52 of 60 mins of a game,. and you tell me how your entire body feels skating against players who have been part of fair ice time.   Prove to me you can be consistent,  playing 1 of 3 games with that kind of opportunity.

39 minutes ago, oldnews said:

which makes it clear that the concept of 'development' here is meaningless.  of course all players continue to 'develop' - but this isn't the 'get ready for the NHL league' - it's for players who are ready to compete in it.   funny thing - NHL coaches are pretty good at identifying that threshold.

Wow,.  Just when it looks like you can shift gears,. You jam it in reverse..    or is that a "Spin-O-Rama" move you just made?

5 hours ago, oldnews said:

This is pointless semantics

To use the word meaninglessly - ie all players 'develop' at virtually every stage prior to their 'decline' is to misunderstand the point the Desjardins was making.

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Wow,.  Just when it looks like you can shift gears,. You jam it in reverse..    or is that a "Spin-O-Rama" move you just made?

Yawn.  pointless, meaningless semantics.

Crosby's still 'developng'.....so..... this is the development league!

28 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Tryamkin Ice Time: not a huge difference here guys. Especially for a rookie in a different league playing more games and not up to NHL fitness for the start of the year and also last year.

I'll never forget him down on his knees sucking wind during what I believe was 4vs4 last year and this was after his KHL season. He did a good job but it shows the difference in fitness especially for a big man.

Hope he does well in the KHL and comes back even better. Even if it costs more for us in the end.

Canucks

2016-2017 Regular Season - GP: 66   TOI: 16:44

Yekaterinburg Avtomobolist - avg ice time in KHL career is 16:12

2015-2016 Regular Season - GP 53  TOI: 17:41

2014-2015 Regular Season - GP 58  TOI: 14:15

2013-2014 Regular Season - GP 45  TOI: 16:30

That game he was "sucking wind" was after 2 icing calls,. and the day before he flew from Russia to get to Vancouver.. a total of 20-something hours traveling,. Landing in Vancouver at 4am,. and arriving at the Canuck practice for 7am and going through drills..     Easy to see the flaws, and not the Character of a man.

5 hours ago, oldnews said:

This is pointless semantics.

The NHL is not a development league - simple as that - meaning you don't dump kids that aren't ready into the NHL and expect them to 'develop' - that is the best way to ruin a young player's confidence and career.  They step up when they're competitive and developed enough - otherwise getting dominated before you're ready to compete is horrible 'development'.

To use the word meaninglessly - ie all players 'develop' at virtually every stage prior to their 'decline' is to misunderstand the point the Desjardins was making.  Suggesting that we are a 'developing team' doesn't change the fact it's not a development league - that is what the CHL, ECHL, AHL and college hockey are for.

... and quite frankly,.  I've never understood what that Quack of a sports psychologist/ Coach has ever said..  all I've ever heard is hypocrisy and bs.

• 23 hours ago, SilentSam said:

@Stierlitz is usually pretty good about following up on the Russian Sports reports out of Russia..  I'm sure over the coming weeks, more will come to light about Nik's situation..

Nothing is official yet about the Tryamkin's contract with Avto. BTW the club name is Avtomobilist, not Motorist as the Google translation says. I found an interesting interview with Nikita dated April 17 when WD was already fired but Tryamkin did not make up his mind yet https://www.championat.com/hockey/news-2775176-trjamkin-budu-dumat-naschjot-buduschego-sovetovatsja-s-agentom.html

TRYAMKIN: WILL THINK ABOUT MY FUTURE, TALK TO MY AGENT

My future? I have not decided yet. Will think, talk to my agent. I really don't know. I have something to think about but am not ready to discuss this with people. I want to play hockey - this is the truth. I just want to play hockey.

Firing of the main coach..?  I don't think this would affect my decision. Coaches are coming and leaving, they are changing teams like hockey players. Firing of Desjardins and his assistants would not have any impact on my decision. We (players) did not discuss possible coach firing, did not want this. This is not appropriate here (in the NHL). I had working relationship with the coach. Players are not getting close to coach here and don't fight them either. At least players of my age. If he had some issues with my play, he would tell me and I would try to improve.

I thought I was ready for the season but that was not true - my speed was not good enough. After the first five games I picked up but still did not play and became a little nervous about this. But what could I do? Just sit and be patient. Work hard.

Why did not I play on PP? This is another question I don't know the answer. I almost never play PP during the season. Once I was on the ice for 7-8 seconds and that was it. I don't know why. The coach saw other players there.

3 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Nothing is official yet about the Tryamkin's contract with Avto. BTW the club name is Avtomobilist, not Motorist as the Google translation says. I found an interesting interview with Nikita dated April 17 when WD was already fired but Tryamkin did not make up his mind yet https://www.championat.com/hockey/news-2775176-trjamkin-budu-dumat-naschjot-buduschego-sovetovatsja-s-agentom.html

Thanks Stierlitz,   Obviously something weighing on Tryamkin..   too bad they didn't use him on our pp.. I know he had played there in the KHL.. and it's not like our pp had ever really worked this season.

I checked the Avto fan forum and there is interesting consideration regarding the NHL decision not to participate in the 2018 Olympic Games, and consequently in the next 2022 Games. The KHL is using this as a marketing tool to attract Russian players playing in NA to come back home...

3 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

I checked the Avto fan forum and there is interesting consideration regarding the NHL decision not to participate in the 2018 Olympic Games, and consequently in the next 2022 Games. The KHL is using this as a marketing tool to attract Russian players playing in NA to come back home...

Is there a penalty for "hacking" ;) .. or just slashing? 

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Garbage.   Sit on a wooden bench at a sub zero temperature for 52 of 60 mins of a game,. and you tell me how your entire body feels skating against players who have been part of fair ice time.   Prove to me you can be consistent,  playing 1 of 3 games with that kind of opportunity.

Sorry I don't believe in participation awards.

Did you watch Burrows his entire time here? He started on the fourth line and always gave a full effort every shift. Top three among forwards for hits and tops on the team for takeaways versus giveaways while playing fourth line minutes. That's how you earn opportunity. Coasting is how you earn pressbox time.

Just now, Baggins said:

Sorry I don't believe in participation awards.

Did you watch Burrows his entire time here? He started on the fourth line and always gave a full effort every shift. Top three among forwards for hits and tops on the team for takeaways versus giveaways while playing fourth line minutes. That's how you earn opportunity. Coasting is how you earn pressbox time.

Burrows had a great Coach when he started his career at this level. 

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

which makes it clear that the concept of 'development' here is meaningless.  of course all players continue to 'develop' - but this isn't the 'get ready for the NHL league' - it's for players who are ready to compete in it.   funny thing - NHL coaches are pretty good at identifying that threshold.

That's exactly what Willie was meaning when he said this isn't a development league. Many just don't get it. You're either NHL ready to deveop further, or you're not NHL ready and need further deveopment at a lower level.

Just now, Baggins said:

That's exactly what Willie was meaning when he said this isn't a development league. Many just don't get it. You're either NHL ready to deveop further, or you're not NHL ready and need further deveopment at a lower level.

But Crosby is still 'developing', so it is the 'development' league!

No point having an AHL franchise, etc - just 'develop' em all at the NHL level.

They're all equally ready - cuz they're all jist developin'.

1 minute ago, Baggins said:

... exactly why and what got Desjardins canned.   Out.  Airball.  Ditched.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

But Crosby is still 'developing', so it is the 'development' league!

No point having an AHL franchise, etc - just 'develop' em all at the NHL level.

They're all equally ready - cuz they're all jist developin'.

... And Willy is a winner.     I think he needs Development.

Archived