The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I had my list who I wanted the Canucks to take with the #5 last draft, a lot of Canucks fans had their own lists. My list topped off with Vilardi (as I assumed Hischier, Patrick, Heiskanen and Makar would be gone), and then I wanted Glass. Then I thought about Liljegren and Mittelstadt, and then Necas.

Pettersson was not on the radar for me, he appeared to be a long shot, compared to those other players higher in the rankings. When Benning announced the Canucks were taking Pettersson at #5, I felt this lump in my throat. "What the heck did he just do?! Now some other "lucky" team is going to get Vilardi".

In hindsite, I realize that I need to just trust in who Benning drafts. He's the expert, I am not. And what a pick Pettersson is turning out to be! I'm thrilled these days with all of the picks, even Palmu at #181 (who is playing with Juolevi this year in Finland). What a great pick so late in the draft. I'm excited to see Pettersson, Dahlen, Lind, Juolevi, Demko and Gaudette on the team in the next couple of years. The skill the Canucks are going to possess will make for very exciting hockey.  

Liljegren

Glass

Petersson 

that was my list, but I am thrilled with EP at #5.

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Liljegren

Glass

Petersson 

that was my list, but I am thrilled with EP at #5.

Can't remember what order but I had Mittelstadt, Glass, Liljegrin, Necas and Petterson all basically in the same tier.

Interesting article on Elias:

Edit: I just realized that since you need to pay for these articles, some may not be able to read it. I would post the article but that seems like infringement :P

Basically, Elias is a puck-hounding, playmaking prospect

Edited by Mr53

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Can't remember what order but I had Mittelstadt, Glass, Liljegrin, Necas and Petterson all basically in the same tier.

I had Pettersson as our pick at 5th overall. I scouted him before the draft and fell in love with the player. I'm so happy he's ours!!!!!

Edited by Kungfudru
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

That's impressive, because he was the least talked about on our draft thread.

I remember when JB went to the podium I was nervous because I wanted him to select EP, and when I heard his name I yelled YES!! In the middle of the restaurant that I used to work at. I'm just glad because I believe in all of our prospects and I want them to succeed, but for the record I wanted Nylander, didn't know anything about Boeser when he was selected but we're all raving about that pick, and tkachuck. Even though I believe Virt and Oli will be good players for us I was a little disappointed because Jim didn't select the guys I was hoping he would at the time. With EP I was so pumped hearing his name and knowing he was ours. He's a superstar in the making.