The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

44 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Rasmus Dahlin will be in the NHL next year, just an FYI lol.

Yup and when him and Petterson are on the ice together announcers and the voting crowd for the Calder race are going to have fits

• Upvote 1

Just now, NHL'er said:

Triple with Gaudette? :bigblush:

Loves me some AG but the expectations some people have for that kid are out of whack. Especially as his quite likely more defensive usage, bottom 6 TOI, lesser offensive opportunities etc are not bound to lead to as much scoring. And that's ok.

Just now, SekaniCanuck said:

Pettersson=Nazzy

Virtanen=Bertuzzi? 

:wub:

Love Nazxy, but he wasn’t the same level of elite Pettersson is on.

Jake is going to be exciting and a difference maker, but Bert had specially soft mitts.  Jake, and few guys really, have mitts like Big Todd.

Just now, Alflives said:

Love Nazxy, but he wasn’t the same level of elite Pettersson is on.

Jake is going to be exciting and a difference maker, but Bert had specially soft mitts.  Jake, and few guys really, have mitts like Big Todd.

Just thinking about when I was younger and seeing those 2 dominate lol would love Virt to turn out 

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just wanna put this here

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170320

Auston Matthews, 46 points in 36 games in the Swiss A league pfft

Elias Petterson 55 points in 43 games

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=186266

Elias is better.

I think it is important to remember that Matthews was still in his draft year and his year in the Swiss League was amazing.  He is also much bigger than Elias so more ready to make the jump.  However, EP's numbers are remarkable and it is awesome to have so much to look forward to 

EP

Gaudette

Virtanen is starting to look like a real player with untapped potential

OJ

Demko

Dahlen

Lind

Gadjovich

etc...

27 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Just want to play devil’s advocate here...  

Elias comes in next year and in his first game takes a solid hit from a 230lb man.  Elias separates his shoulder and goes on to have shoulder injuries for the rest of his career.  

Look at Ryan Nugent Hopkins.  

I dont know, thoughts anyone on Elias joining us next year, is it too early?

You could say that for any player in the nhl veteran or rookie. When a 230 guy hits you at full speed it won’t matter who you are, you can get injured. Is it a risk, sure why not but more players aren’t getting career ending injuries then are... 

what im trying to say is at 175-180 he should be ok and if not then it was only a matter of time

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

OK I admit it. I wasn't that happy about EP when Benning drafted him even tho I had no idea what kinda player he was. I wanted a big and talented North American kid with attitude. Instead Benning draft's a 165 pound beanpole. Not what I wanted but being a Benning fan I wondered about what Jim had seen. 

I should get one of those whips those Arabs use to whip themselves with. Like a rolled up newspaper maybe this old dog can be retrained. :unsure::unsure:

What you're looking for is a flogger. Lol they sell them on Amazon...

• Cheers 1