The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You’re comparing two time Stanley Cup winner, and proven playoff performer Phil Kessel with “Double Flamingo” soft as a Smurf William Nylander?  :lol:

Nylander is young and has a career ahead of him. But sure, you can keep pretending he sucks because of your narrow minded view on “soft” players

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You’re comparing two time Stanley Cup winner, and proven playoff performer Phil Kessel with “Double Flamingo” soft as a Smurf William Nylander?  :lol:

Lets compare him to Ehlers then?  Same player, points. But 10 lbs heavier, plays wing and pivot. The difference is Ehlers plays with a better team, in particular defence as well. 

Yeah double flamingo on you, not Willie. We don't want him, his 60 points, his puck control, speed, skill or playmaking? Give your head a shake. He's Baertschi on steroids & blood doping!

Actually, fair point. Everybody wants to trade Baer as well! These players with just speed & skill, very bad... :unsure: 

• Upvote 1

Pettersson playing with Backlund would also be interesting. The Canucks were reportedly going to be very interested in Backlund as a free agent this summer and he would've been a great fit with him on and off the ice. I think it would've been great to land him on the contract Calgary did.

46 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Pettersson playing with Backlund would also be interesting. The Canucks were reportedly going to be very interested in Backlund as a free agent this summer and he would've been a great fit with him on and off the ice. I think it would've been great to land him on the contract Calgary did.

Yes, they were probably foreseeing this, and Backlund may well have been ideal with Elias as a 2/3C.  Calgary likely got wind and figured they better ante up quick, as he would have been a huge loss considering the success of that line with Tkachuk and Frolik.  But there are more fish in the sea, and JB's got him a pocket full of cash...

16 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yes, they were probably foreseeing this, and Backlund may well have been ideal with Elias as a 2/3C.  Calgary likely got wind and figured they better ante up quick, as he would have been a huge loss considering the success of that line with Tkachuk and Frolik.  But there are more fish in the sea, and JB's got him a pocket full of cash...

I liked @Sundstrom17's idea of getting Anisimov from Chicago. He would likely come cheap given Chicago's eternal cap struggles and he could play a similar role with Pettersson that Backlund would, just at a lower overall level. I believe his NMC doesn't kick in until July 1st, so we'd have a chance to get him without worrying about that. Jenner out of Columbus would also be a very good but more expensive option. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I liked @Sundstrom17's idea of getting Anisimov from Chicago. He would likely come cheap given Chicago's eternal cap struggles and he could play a similar role with Pettersson that Backlund would, just at a lower overall level. I believe his NMC doesn't kick in until July 1st, so we'd have a chance to get him without worrying about that. Jenner out of Columbus would also be a very good but more expensive option. 

Tanev for Anisimov type deal?  

Would Chicago have to add value or is that pretty fair? What were Anisimov's totals this year?

Just now, Rush17 said:

Tanev for Anisimov type deal?  

Would Chicago have to add value or is that pretty fair? What were Anisimov's totals this year?

Not unless their 1st is coming back.

I was thinking something along the lines of Del Zotto/Hutton + Leipsic/Motte + maybe a late round pick. Chicago needs to upgrade their defense and were reportedly interested in Del Zotto earlier this year. Anisimov was passed by Schmaltz as Chicago's 2C and they're not a team that can have a bottom 6 player making 4+ million. He finished with around 30 points this year and around 40 in two years with Kane + Panarin. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Not unless their 1st is coming back.

I was thinking something along the lines of Del Zotto/Hutton + Leipsic/Motte + maybe a late round pick. Chicago needs to upgrade their defense and were reportedly interested in Del Zotto earlier this year. Anisimov was passed by Schmaltz as Chicago's 2C and they're not a team that can have a bottom 6 player making 4+ million. He finished with around 30 points this year and around 40 in two years with Kane + Panarin. 

Do they not have a promising young defender? I thought they had one I liked. Forget his name tho.  Was it jokaharu or is that another teams prospect?

15 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Do they not have a promising young defender? I thought they had one I liked. Forget his name tho.  Was it jokaharu or is that another teams prospect?

Jokaharuuu was the 29th pick last year. Played some with juolevi at the WJC.

Baer / Bo / EP

Daheln/ Gaudette / Boeser

Granlund / Sutter / Virtanen

Gaunce / Motte / Goldy

MacEwen or Liepsic............fixed....still no room for Gags or Eriksson....

I don't think we need anyone...and if we did Jokinen (who won't be re-signed) played better than Gagner or Eriksson who I left off the roster by mistake...sort of...so put him in for Liepsic or Motte to start the season 

The first 2 lines are going to score many goals and that is a fast lineup to boot...

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

7 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Baer / Bo / EP

Daheln/ Gaudette / Goldy

Granlund / Sutter / Virtanen

Gaunce / Motte / Liepsic

MacEwen

I don't think we need anyone...and if we did Jokinen (who won't be re-signed) played better than Gagner or Eriksson who I left off the roster by mistake...sort of...so put him in for Liepsic or Motte to start the season 

The first 2 lines are going to score many goals and that is a fast lineup to boot...

I think you're missing someone...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Yes Jokiharju. Ian Mitchell is also pretty high profile & killing it in the NCAA.

Plus a laundry list of guys much like Gustav Forsling.  Depth picks with a lot of talent who are candidates to bust through in no particular order; Jakub Galvas, Joni Tuulola, Lucas Carlsson & Chad Krys each all having strong seasons. Krys was a 2knd round pick by memory, I guess not a depth pick. I think him, Carlsson & in particular Tuulola might be ready for a run at a roster spot?

2 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Why give up Tanev for a 29 year old? We're a rebuilding club. There are 29 year old 3rd liners available UFA for Anisimov's $4.5 salary without giving up Tanev. Or less, or even PTO's. 

I'd rather stay solid defensively & give centre minutes to Pettersson & Gaudette. Get a good enough return in youth & we can consider a Tanev trade.

Gaunce, Gagner, Granlund & I believe (?) also Motte all can play pivot.   

I also remain of the opinion this would be a GREAT youth possibly 3rd line;

Jake - Gaudette - Pettersson

Jake in particular, but all 3 are very fast. Jake could get in on the for-echeck, dig out pucks. Gaudette & Pettersson both are expert at hounding passing lanes. With Sutter and Bo each pivoting against top match ups, Bo's line with Boeser the top opposing match up pair, this would be a very sheltered 3rd line. They could run around crazy like Pitt's 3rd line.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Why give up Tanev for a 29 year old? We're a rebuilding club. There are 29 year old 3rd liners available UFA for Anisimov's $4.5 salary without giving up Tanev. Or less, or even PTO's. 

I'd rather stay solid defensively & give centre minutes to Pettersson & Gaudette. Get a good enough return in youth & we can consider a Tanev trade.

Gaunce, Gagner, Granlund & I believe (?) also Motte all can play pivot.   

I made a point of saying I wouldn't give up Tanev unless their 1st was coming back.

• Thanks 1