The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Where is this talk coming from? He plays today or is it tomorrow? They scratched him the first game of the exhibition series.

Swedish hockeychronicler wanted to see that, and he said it Should be the best fit for EP, hasnt been mentioned where he Will play more than "offensive situations and PP" from the coaches

Edit: plays Saturday & Sunday

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Swedish hockeychronicler wanted to see that, and he said it Should be the best fit for EP, hasnt been mentioned where he Will play more than "offensive situations and PP" from the coaches

Edit: plays Saturday & Sunday

Any of them televised or streamed??

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Any of them televised or streamed??

Televised in Sweden through public service channel (SVT 1)

Should be able to see it at www.svtplay.se if you have a Swedish VPN, Swedish comments that way though. 

Broadcasts starting @ 3:25 pm Saturday and 3:15 Sunday... Should be 6:25 and 6:15 Vancouver time 

• Thanks 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Seriously, I think Benning should keep Pettersson's hockey card in his pocket at the lottery. Bring these two Swedes together Hockey Gods! Anyone else think Dahlin looks like Gordon Ramsay? lol

The Canucks are an important money maker for the league.  Maybe Bettman gets us that top pick in the lottery so the league can make more money from us?  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Canucks are an important money maker for the league.  Maybe Bettman gets us that top pick in the lottery so the league can make more money from us?  

Would be nice, but the Canucks haven't stopped bringing in income for the league yet

Maybe the thought of the Canucks in another final, is too much of an embarrassment for the league (with all the losers, looking at a crowd of people as an opportunity to loot and riot)

Heck I would be nervous and embarrassed at the thought of that happening again

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Would be nice, but the Canucks haven't stopped bringing in income for the league yet

Maybe the thought of the Canucks in another final, is too much of an embarrassment for the league (with all the losers, looking at a crowd of people as an opportunity to loot and riot)

Heck I would be nervous and embarrassed at the thought of that happening again

Rioting and looting doesn't only happen here and sometimes happens when the home team wins anyway. There are idiots everywhere. Not justifying the rioting and looting, but just saying.

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Seriously, I think Benning should keep Pettersson's hockey card in his pocket at the lottery. Bring these two Swedes together Hockey Gods! Anyone else think Dahlin looks like Gordon Ramsay? lol

Would be funny when the Canucks card is revealed for 1st overall and Benning whips out the Petterson card from his pocket to show the camera.

If we ever made it to the finals again, CIty of Vancouver would be smart to not let people watch the game on big screens down town like before. It attracted people from all across BC and AB. There will always be idiots you cant control. In my opinion the privilege has been lost. People can watch from sports bars or at home if they want or maybe fans can buy tickets and watch on the jumbo tron at Rogers arena. We need to win a Stanley Cup and we need to do it with class. We need to prove the hockey world wrong. Its time we put our curse behind us! 

At Practice today we saw Elias Petterrson teamed up with Jacob Nilsson and Calgarys Mikael Backlund.

Nilsson - Backlund - Pettersson 

Here is Elias Pettersson's environment in Three Crowns:

Moras Jacob Nilsson and Calgary's Mikael Backlund.

"The only advice I have is that he will take care of more. Then it's a pity he'll be playing for Vancouver this fall, "Backlund says a bit playful.

he most valuable player of the playoffs has connected to Tre Kronor and to Hovets Ice Stadium, which is the national team's home under Sweden Hockey Games.

In the first training Växjös Elias Pettersson formed a chain with Mikael Backlund and Moras Jacob Nilsson. A device that worked well together on the ice and an environment for Elias, which means that he gets a mentor on the ice, and besides, in Mikael Backlund, the oldest in Tre Kronor and one of the most experienced in the national team.

"Will be fun to play with Elias. I have seen him and heard of him, of course, it has done the whole world. Fun to be close to him now, says Mikael Backlund.

He himself has been in the same role as Elijah and debuted in the NHL as a 20-year-old and played the World Cup as 21-year-old.

"It's true that he is himself, not hiding and taking care of himself. He has everything you need and is a good hockey player. Too bad he will play for Vancouver this fall. I hope he is not too good at us, says Backlund and laughs.

"More party than you are used to"

Associate crew Rikard Grönborg was pleased with Pettersson after the first pass.

- He showed joy at the game. And I look forward to his debut. Should he join the World Cup, he must be able to play the top against the best players and we want to see this weekend. He has a tip that we are looking for and looking for. Especially in powerplay. He can become an old man in the box for us.

Elias himself is low-key, said everything was good and thought the aftermaths from Växjö's all golden celebrations had gone by him.

"It was a little more party than you used to. But for my part it was not that dangerous.

Three crowns start the World Cup May 4 against Belarus.

Article Link here: https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/QlBVKP/har-ar-supertalangens-nya-polare-i-tre-kronor-debuten

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Panarin is a player in the same mold. 

Re read the post. I am not a fan of Nylander, likely never will be. My POV is that he is a secondary guy not a primary guy. Marner and Mathews (out of the 3) are the primary guys in TO.

Shut them down and you win, most likely. Nylander can be effective for the regular season, but like Kessel (an all star, Olympian and SC winner) he needs guys ahead of him on the depth chart to win in the playoffs. 

But Kessel had 15 points in 15 games with Boston, 6 points in 7 games with Toronto, and 50 in 56 with Pittsburgh. I'd say he's been a dominant playoff performer wherever he's played. His performance for the Pens was almost Conn Smythe worthy, both years.

Edited by Time Lord
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

But Kessel had 15 points in 15 games with Boston, 6 points in 7 games with Toronto, and 50 in 56 with Pittsburgh. I'd say he's been a dominant playoff performer wherever he's played. His performance for the Pens was almost Conn Smythe worthy, both years.

Kessel like Nylander plays for hated teams. Its fun to pick on them. Pick on parts of their game? 

Just like guys called the Twins soft, ''sisters'' because they were not Don Cherry crash and bang or meat and potatoes players. Hell, Gretzky was a ''pussy'' when I was growing up. ''Lucky?'' But Messier a messiah because he would bust a stick over your head if you scored against him...

Not enough appreciation for guys who handle the puck, evade defenders, drop dimes, score goals. Unless they're on your team of course. There are only so many Bergeron's who score 70 points and play tough against your top match ups.

I guarantee you, we will hear Pettersson too is soft in the coming years. Unless he truly is as good defensively as Bergeron???

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Kessel like Nylander plays for hated teams. Its fun to pick on them. Pick on parts of their game? 

Just like guys called the Twins soft, ''sisters'' because they were not Don Cherry crash and bang or meat and potatoes players. Hell, Gretzky was a ''pussy'' when I was growing up. ''Lucky?'' But Messier a messiah because he would bust a stick over your head if you scored against him...

Not enough appreciation for guys who handle the puck, evade defenders, drop dimes, score goals. Unless they're on your team of course. There are only so many Bergeron's who score 70 points and play tough against your top match ups.

I guarantee you, we will hear Pettersson too is soft in the coming years. Unless he truly is as good defensively as Bergeron???

You’re comparing two time Stanley Cup winner, and proven playoff performer Phil Kessel with “Double Flamingo” soft as a Smurf William Nylander?  :lol:

• Haha 1