The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

55 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The hero vs the traitor...

Traitor is a little harsh lol

Tryamkin could be an amazing player for us in a few years so lets hope he improves, becomes a dominant force, and wants to come back soon! Hockey gods know we need some top Defensemen!

• Upvote 1

Can't wait for Elias to play this weekend. Sure he has to earn his spot, I feel the only way he doesn't earn his spot ,is if they don't give him opportunity. Swedish hockey people are taking a lot of heat for not including him after he won the SHL scoring race. Now he his forcing their hands with a SHL play-off performance second to none for his age.

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Dahlin hopes so too lol

Just pass Elias the puck and you will get an assist! Lol

We only have like a 7.5% chance of winning the lottery. Doesn't sound very high.

But then, Buffalo has the highest chance but only at 18.5% chance of winning, only 2.5 times better than our odds. So it ain't that hopeless.

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

That might happen..  I was having convo about Stastny.. 

Gotcha & my apologies.  

And yeah, there would seem some momentum for Winnipeg & Stastny, I agree. Be great for them to secure a signature free agent? Break the crappy place to play stereotype. Winning solves a ton!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, hoholla sk said:

So! I think You misunderstand me. The scandinavians are strong in body and mind too. Maybe not 200lbs+ but when You have skills it really doesn't matter.

I knew what you were saying.

I was making fun of all the earlier comments about “soft” Swedish players and then when you said “just like the Vikings” I figured I’d post Ragnar Lothbrok crying because those comments hurt his feelings.

I know you meant the opposite and that Swedes are strong (which I very much agree with).

I was just having a little fun.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I never said Pettersso shouldn't make the team, I'm responding to the claim that Andersson is "overrated." Everyone has their opinion on the medal situation  and that's fine (I personally don't really care what someone does with theirs) but has absolutely nothing to do with his on ice ability. He was Sweden's captain at that tournament and is regarded as a leader. 

It would be like taking a 70 point Kopitar over 90 point Giroux, which I think many people would. 

EDIT: The post by @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME shows a similar line of thinking. 

Interesting.

I saw Andersson more like Ryan O'Reilly and EP as Backstrom.

If it came down to O'Reilly vs Backstrom, Backstrom all day every day.

But if indeed your projection of Andersson as a player that can be at Kopitar's level, then NYR comes out of this draft as the lone winner.

17 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Edit: nvm, you know who Lias Adnersson is. Just read the earlier comments.

That Silver Medal tosser was NYR 2017 7th overall pick Lias Andersson. If we hadn't taken Pettersson at 5, NYR probably would have taken him instead of Andersson at 7.

I don't know why you are getting so pissed. Andersson looks very similar to Pettersson here and he has started well in the NHL, so I can understand why the coach would want to trial them both.

16 hours ago, Rush17 said:

14 points in 22 games for Lias Andersson in the SHL this season.

56 points in 44 games for Elias Pettersson in the SHL this season.

Chop Pettersson's points in half to match Andersson and he has: 28 points in 22 SHL games.  Andersson isn't that special of a leader. Sweden will have plenty of quality veteran leaders.  Pettersson's " X-factor" ability may be the deciding factor.  I was responding to the narrative in general too sorry didn't mean to single you out specifically. :)

Except you can't do that with any integrity back here on Earth. :P There are so many other factors to take into account. eg line mates, TOI, PP, ozone starts, o/a team performance. 

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Our Ellias is already a for more impact player the W. Nylander will ever be.  

Stop it, please. 

We haven't a clue how Pettersson will perform here yet. Nylander has proved himself.

Jeez what is it about CDC where every Canucks prospect who performs well is suddenly an NHL superstar and better than guys who are actually "doing it" in the NHL. You're like a crowd of pre-teen girls and their latest pop star crush.

Are you watching other teams?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

We only have like a 7.5% chance of winning the lottery. Doesn't sound very high.

But then, Buffalo has the highest chance but only at 18.5% chance of winning, only 2.5 times better than our odds. So it ain't that hopeless.

I tried the mock lottery over 9 times - till I got bored seeing Sabres and Blues logos and gave up.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Stop it, please. 

We haven't a clue how Pettersson will perform here yet. Nylander has proved himself.

Jeez what is it about CDC where every Canucks prospect who performs well is suddenly an NHL superstar and better than guys who are actually "doing it" in the NHL. You're like a crowd of pre-teen girls and their latest pop star crush.

Listening to Leaf’s radio, and the hosts are all over Willy Nylander for being too soft. 

2 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/wELo15/avslojar-andren-jagas-av-nhl-lag-efter-jattesuccen

4 NHL organizations want Viktor Andrén "our" backup Keep er that had 0,991 SVS% and 0,21GAA in the playoffs.. Do you think that the canucks is one of the 4? He is 24y/o and undrafted

We do need a backup for next year, so it's possible.

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Stop it, please. 

IMG_1989.GIF