The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Ted Lasso said:

Petey’s looking strong. With the NHL getting faster, I wonder how much emphasis he places on adding weight. 

366749085_10160435655860549_513746024149

Love that he's staying fit but also having fun/relaxing while he's at it...he deserves it.

Our boy is now a man folks. Gonna be harder to push him off the puck (love his feisty side).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Gonna be harder to push him off the puck (love his feisty side).

His reverse hits are such an efficient form of physical play…they protect him from injuries, punish/discourage opponents from taking a run at him, and don’t carry a big risk of taking him out of the play.

Edited by Ted Lasso
  • Upvote 1

On 8/9/2023 at 12:35 PM, Ted Lasso said:

Petey’s looking strong. With the NHL getting faster, I wonder how much emphasis he places on adding weight. 

Petey always looks jacked, but still ends up at like 180lbs. I think he's just extremely well toned. Low body fat %. Reminds me of the twins a bit.

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Petey always looks jacked, but still ends up at like 180lbs. I think he's just extremely well toned. Low body fat %. Reminds me of the twins a bit.

Twins were a bit thicker and squarer in the shoulders. 
Elias has a little more sloped shoulders and a more slender build.
Built more like Ryan Smyth but moves much much much better than him or the twins. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Which I'm fine with. He's focused on improving upon last year and to become the best player he can. And when he consistently scores 100+ points, plus Selke consideration, he'll get paid extremely well. He did say that he likes the direction the Canucks are taking. 

8 hours ago, BMorrison 7 said:

F u lol

Gawd I hope he doesn't Tkachuk us, force a trade to a low tax venue like Vegas, TB, Florida, or Seattle. Seattle is a team on the rise, already a playoff team and in a couple of years a cup contender, and worse they  could afford to pay him what he's worth. Until the salary cap takes local tax rates and cost of living into account, teams in Canada will never be that competitive. Three of the last five cup winners originate from states with no income tax, meaning top players will sign for less, because they will make just as much long-term and play on a more competitive team.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Cheers 1