The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Gawd I hope he doesn't Tkachuk us, force a trade to a low tax venue like Vegas, TB, Florida, or Seattle. Seattle is a team on the rise, already a playoff team and in a couple of years a cup contender, and worse they  could afford to pay him what he's worth. Until the salary cap takes local tax rates and cost of living into account, teams in Canada will never be that competitive. Three of the last five cup winners originate from states with no income tax, meaning top players will signed for less, because they will make just as much long-term and play on a more competitive team.

This is what I fear as well.  I don't understand why he even does these optional interviews with the media.  He just creates uncertainty with the fanbase, management and ownership. The grass isn't always greener on the other side if he decides to sign somewhere else.    

11 hours ago, BMorrison 7 said:

This is what I fear as well.  I don't understand why he even does these optional interviews with the media.  He just creates uncertainty with the fanbase, management and ownership. The grass isn't always greener on the other side if he decides to sign somewhere else.    

Wouldn't we be complaining just as much if he decided to stay completely silent...? 

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

OK, I like this one best....

I don't see any reason why not. 

He was drafted by his favorite team, and as long as he's paid fair market value and believes the team's moving in the right direction, more than likely, he's going to smash all of the Canuck's scoring records.

• Vintage 2

6 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

I don't see any reason why not. 

He was drafted by his favorite team, and as long as he's paid fair market value and believes the team's moving in the right direction, more than likely, he's going to smash all of the Canuck's scoring records.

I don’t understand why people are so worried. Either he signs an extension or the Canucks will get a king’s ransom for him. It would be great to keep him. Don’t get me wrong, but his value is rising, if we can’t.

14 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Nice one! I'm guessing he's doing a bit of damage control. 

I'm almost certain that's edited, but maybe I'm wrong. Notice how similar the C and F look. Pretty sure it's a type font.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

I don’t understand why people are so worried. Either he signs an extension or the Canucks will get a king’s ransom for him. It would be great to keep him. Don’t get me wrong, but his value is rising, if we can’t.

This management team has shown a willingness to move on from players that are asking for more than the team is willing to pay. Which I agree with. I don't like the idea of one or two players getting 25% of the salary cap.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nopROBlemo said:

This management team has shown a willingness to move on from players that are asking for more than the team is willing to pay. Which I agree with. I don't like the idea of one or two players getting 25% of the salary cap.

Same here. It would have been nice to keep Bo at maybe 6 million, but he wasn’t going to accept that after padding his stats and I don’t blame him for that either. It just didn’t make sense for the Canucks to pay him 8.5 million for 8 years.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

Same here. It would have been nice to keep Bo at maybe 6 million, but he wasn’t going to accept that after padding his stats and I don’t blame him for that either. It just didn’t make sense for the Canucks to pay him 8.5 million for 8 years.

IMO Bo would've been worth every penny of $6.5M and maybe even as high as $7M, but $8.5 is waay above his level.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

IMHAO any team paying their 3C 8.5 per is in big trouble.