The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

Just now, cyoung said:

Jett seems to be a ways off, injuries slowing him down a bit and his style of play will take a while to develop. 

You maybe right but maybe 3 years for both of them but I am a bit of an optimist. :)

1 minute ago, dpn1 said:

You maybe right but maybe 3 years for both of them but I am a bit of an optimist. :)

That'd be cool, I'd imagine he will have a similar road to Brisebois. Few years in junior and a few in Utica. Exciting for his style of play tho, we haven't had a D like him since bieksa. 

1 minute ago, cyoung said:

That'd be cool, I'd imagine he will have a similar road to Brisebois. Few years in junior and a few in Utica. Exciting for his style of play tho, we haven't had a D like him since bieksa. 

He came to Dev, Camp 5' 11" 190 lb.  He will be a solid Dman.

• Cheers 1

On 10/29/2018 at 8:32 PM, dpn1 said:

I'm not expecting Woo to compete for a spot until at least his D+4 year, even then only as an injury call up. Will probably spend all of his waiver exemption time in AHL & having to fight his way into line-up on his 1st year of waiver eligibility.

• Wat 1

Rathbone and Harvard with a pair of games this weekend. Tonight versus Quinnipiac and tomorrow versus Princeton. Both games are 7pm ET starts (4pm in Vancouver). Games look to be on ESPN+ and PPV ($2.99 per game). You can also buy an Ivy Pass and get access to all of Jack's games in November. I think it's only five bucks and lets you legally stream around 8 games this month. Link is here: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/harvard/. Just select men's ice hockey and click through and it's pretty easy to figure out. 

10 minutes ago, NotJaredMcCann said:

Looks like Rathbone has been promoted to the top pair with Fox! Only took him one game to impress the coach I guess.

That's cool to see that Rathbone is impressing already.  The kid is a sleeper for us.  I believe he will be on our team in two seasons, and be a HUGE contributor.  He's solidly built, skates great, plays a hard game, while having very good puck skills, and a high hockey IQ.  Liked him from day one, mostly (of course) because of his name.  

• Upvote 1

On 2018-10-30 at 6:42 PM, wexcar said:

I'm not expecting Woo to compete for a spot until at least his D+4 year, even then only as an injury call up. Will probably spend all of his waiver exemption time in AHL & having to fight his way into line-up on his 1st year of waiver eligibility.

Woo is ready after one to two years in the AHL. That’s 2.5 to 3.5 years IMO. He will be a full time player in a year after that. 

He has the right type of game to make it. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

That's cool to see that Rathbone is impressing already.  The kid is a sleeper for us.  I believe he will be on our team in two seasons, and be a HUGE contributor.  He's solidly built, skates great, plays a hard game, while having very good puck skills, and a high hockey IQ.  Liked him from day one, mostly (of course) because of his name.  

I believe he is a sleeper.

Some players continue to improve in all areas of the game as each year goes by from the draft and JR seems to be one of those guys.

• Upvote 1