The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] MTL signs Ales Hemsky

I agree with VC above. He's still a good bet for 30,40 and if lucky 50 point player any day. Injuries killed him this year and he will probably have a nice bounce back season with the Habs in non pressured sort environment with Drouin, Alzner, Price. Good situation for him

people

any contract in the 1 million range is of little concern

it can be easily buried in the minors with almost no salary cap impact

that is why the canucks signed some low cost reach players in free agency

if they do not work out.. waive them and hope someone else picks them up . or send them to the minors

i'm betting we are going to see some canuck players exposed to waivers after training camp and the exhibition season are done

will be a good deal for Montreal if he can sustain in the 30-40 pt range he's been at for the last 4 or 5 years.

however, losing Radulov will hurt them a lot - just got a lot easier to play against.  are Drouin and Hemsky really what they needed.

very little confidence in Bergevin tbh.   Aside from the Alzner signing, don't like much of what he's done.

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎03 at 0:37 PM, Fanuck said:

That soft perimeter play should help them a lot :rolleyes:.

He's the Messiah that we've all been waiting for here in Montreal. He's the Savior of the Habs.  He will change everything.

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎03 at 1:13 PM, Rush17 said:

I'm honestly a little surprised he was given an nhl contract.  Perhaps mtl felt they needed to replace some of Radulov's offense but this isn't the guy to do it.

If i was a gm i wouldn't even have Hemsky on my ahl team. His best days are behind him and I think the million spent on him was a waste.  MTL should of waited for a trade opportunity to pop up instead of jumping on a guy for just public perception.

Maybe they see upside in him but I honestly do not see anything there.  Hopefully Montréal can stay on tracka and keep adding quality players who fit their mold.

Marc Bergevin is trying to deal Plekanec for Sidney Crosby.

Signed with Montreal as he was too young for the Leafs.

(apologies to any Leaf fans but that simply is the gift that keeps on giving - Shanaplan has teens and retirees - like some sort of bizarre summer camp)

On 7/3/2017 at 1:40 PM, oldnews said:

will be a good deal for Montreal if he can sustain in the 30-40 pt range he's been at for the last 4 or 5 years.

however, losing Radulov will hurt them a lot - just got a lot easier to play against.  are Drouin and Hemsky really what they needed.

very little confidence in Bergevin tbh.   Aside from the Alzner signing, don't like much of what he's done.

I thought Hemsky was done when he left the Oilers. Soft player at the best of times and simply disappears during tough games. His body does not stand up well. Totally agree with your Radulov comment. He gave the Habs some much needed size and net presence. Drouin will come under a lot of pressure in Montreal.   

Archived