The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

5 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Barzal with 5 assists tonight. 13 points in 14 games.

Can't imagine someone not wanting him... oh wait!

Sam Gagner had an 8 point night once, doesn't make him Gretzky.

6 hours ago, Master Mind said:

GM Dorion out GM'ed.

For me, it's not a million miles off the Erat/Forsberg trade. I'd literally fire him for this.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:32 AM, somethingvery said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/blue-jackets-maxime-fortier-inks-three-year-entry-level-contract/

Very pleased to learn that Maxime has been signed by the Blue Jackets after being passed over in consecutive entry drafts despite being a top junior scorer alongside first overall pick Nico Hischier.

Fortier was a key add to the Blackhawks Brady Skjei trade with @Canuck Surfer's Bruins. We look forward to his continued progress into a scoring role with the CBJ's.

I did draft Fortier, I still like him.

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Nobody will be laughing at Burnaby Joe now.  Kamenev, Girard, Bowers, 1st, 2knd and 3rd is a massive haul! :frantic:

- Girard is a quality acquisition

- Kamenev will prove valuable, and has looked great at AHL level

- Bowers should be a steady, potentially Brandon Sutter-esque forward for a long time

- 1st, 2nd, 3rd - you'd think they'd get at least one good player drafted there

- Hammond is trade bait

Sakic managed to get rid of a nightmare locker room guy, who has wanted to leave for a year. He's cleansed the atmosphere in the room, and turned a guy who is 18 months away from free agency into a blue-chip D prospect, two very good forward prospects, and three good picks.

Great job Mr Sakic!

Then you look at Dorion...

To acquire said locker room disturber, he paid a very hefty price. Turris - who I'd rather have than Duchene anyway - PLUS Bowers, the 1st, the 3rd, and the Hammond cap dump.

It's a dreadful price to pay for a barely noticeable improvement. It's Larsson for Hall bad. It's nearly Forsberg for Erat bad. It's certainly Burrows for Dahlen bad.

Dorion has no picks in the first three rounds of the 2018 draft, a draft so deep that there are 2 near-franchise D ranked in the late 20s.

If it were Turris plus one of Bowers / 1st, maybe it's a price worth paying to maximise Karlsson's window, but the whole package stinks.

15 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

- Bowers should be a steady, potentially Brandon Sutter-esque forward for a long time

- Hammond is trade bait

Sakic managed to get rid of a nightmare locker room guy, who has wanted to leave for a year. He's cleansed the atmosphere in the room, and turned a guy who is 18 months away from free agency into a blue-chip D prospect, two very good forward prospects, and three good picks.

Great job Mr Sakic!

To acquire said locker room disturber, he paid a very hefty price. Turris - who I'd rather have than Duchene anyway - PLUS Bowers, the 1st, the 3rd, and the Hammond cap dump.

It's a dreadful price to pay for a barely noticeable improvement. It's Larsson for Hall bad. It's nearly Forsberg for Erat bad. It's certainly Burrows for Dahlen bad.

Dorion has no picks in the first three rounds of the 2018 draft, a draft so deep that there are 2 near-franchise D ranked in the late 20s.

If it were Turris plus one of Bowers / 1st, maybe it's a price worth paying to maximise Karlsson's window, but the whole package stinks.

So what you are saying, is we should have got more for Burrows? :frantic:

18 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

- Hammond is trade bait

Great job Mr Sakic!

Like, let's not get carried away. Duchene is better than turris, turris was gone after this year, Duchene is younger, and he's an Ontario boy they can resign. I'm also not convinced he's bad in the locker room-he's performed well this year and was probably in the hardest position of any player in the league heading into this season. Ottawa fans seem to be happy from what I've seen.

Agree it's a massive overpay though, and if the sens don't win the cup this year or next....That ain't good for dorion.....

5a0048d4620b7_CONTRACTSIGNING.jpg.127eccb67fdc001cb34d176bacc9b70b.jpg

Not content with the Rangers stealing the limelight, General Manager @inane and his Florida Panthers are pleased to announce their own free agent signing:

JACK RODEWALD - 2 years, $850k AAV

3 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

On behalf of General Manager @Master Mind, the New York Rangers are pleased to announce the signing of one of the most sought-after free agents in CDCP history:

CHRIS DIDOMENICO - 2 years, $2m AAV

3 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

General Manager @Master Mind did not stop there; the New York Rangers are pleased to also welcome:

MAXIME LAGACE - 2 years, $800k AAV

Happy to win the Didomenico sweepstakes, and to bring in more goaltending depth too.

Maybe Ottawa will be crazy enough to play Didomenico with Duchene.

Archived