The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

RUMOR: F Wayne Simmonds' name has also popped up in rumours. Simmonds is on a steal of a contract for this year and next, and he is consistent for up and around 400 pool points each season. Calgary looking to make some big deals and kickstart the team or simply just trying to spark the team that nobody is safe? Time will tell.

On 10/31/2017 at 6:59 PM, Monty said:

47C86D54-59FC-4602-ABD8-6DBF00012531.jpeg.78783bc9ff16564531d12125994f7192.jpeg

The Calgary Flames have signed Kurtis MacDermid to a one year deal, worth $1.1M.

@BM24

@Nail

We would like to officially welcome Kurtis to the organization! We feel he has potential to be a solid depth defensemen for us now, and down the road. With injuries hitting our lineup, we need more bodies.

--

CALGARY FLAMES

Guentzel-Jake.pngMcDavid-Connor_2.pngSimmondsWayne.png
Larkin-Dylan.pngHorvat-Bo.pngZibanejad-Mika.png
Buchnevich-Pavel.pngCaggiula-Drake_2.pngPanik-Richard_1.png
Brickley-Connor_1.pngMoore-Dominic_2.pngGrant-Derek_4.png
Carey-Paul_1.png
Gaudreau-Frederik_1.png

Josi-Roman.pngGostisbehere-Shayne.png
Scandella-Marco_1.pngBenning-Matt_1.png
Irwin-Matt_2.pngMacDermid-Kurtis.png
Falk-Justin_2.png

PriceCarey.png

LehtonenKari_2.png

INJURED RESERVE

Schultz-Justin_1.png

Thanks @oldnews for the move. Stastny was someone we envisioned flipping right after the expansion draft, nothing suitable came up until now. 

Eriksson only has 2 years left on his contract at almost 50% off, and we don't plan on having any cap problems in those two seasons so he'll continue to be a ghost here just like IRL :ph34r:

Pretty high on Jesper Boqvist though, although he's been sidelined all year with a broken wrist, we feel the offensive potential is there. Hoping to see him in the WJC fully recovered!

Somppi is off to a pretty decent start in Halifax, they look to have a pretty decent team this year so we're going to hope for a growth from him as well.

If anyone wants to get their hands on 54 fantasy point man Henrik Zetterberg, let me know. Is at a retained cap hit already and could provide cheap scoring for teams battling injuries.

19 minutes ago, Nail said:

Thanks @oldnews for the move. Stastny was someone we envisioned flipping right after the expansion draft, nothing suitable came up until now. 

Eriksson only has 2 years left on his contract at almost 50% off, and we don't plan on having any cap problems in those two seasons so he'll continue to be a ghost here just like IRL :ph34r:

Pretty high on Jesper Boqvist though, although he's been sidelined all year with a broken wrist, we feel the offensive potential is there. Hoping to see him in the WJC fully recovered!

Somppi is off to a pretty decent start in Halifax, they look to have a pretty decent team this year so we're going to hope for a growth from him as well.

If anyone wants to get their hands on 54 fantasy point man Henrik Zetterberg, let me know. Is at a retained cap hit already and could provide cheap scoring for teams battling injuries.

Thanks @Nail - hope the youth work out for you.   Was getting bored with my team - was pretty happy to have Boqvist fall to us in the draft, but felt like spending a future (hey, it usually comes back to bite this team, so let's give it another go - particularly derp when we look at our 'timeline' with all these Canucks, but wth.  Wish LouiE the best, however he wasn't helping our shutdown line from I.R. and Derek Dorsett cost too much, so we went for plan B.

Isles updated lineup:

Josh Bailey - Mikael Backlund - Mark Stone
Vlad Namestnikov - Paul Stastny - Reilly Smith
Brandon Dubinsky - Brandon Sutter - Marcus Granlund
Boone Jenner - Adam Lowry - John Hayden
Jimmy Vesey - Anthony Beauvillier

Mark Giordano – TJ Brodie
Brady Skjei – Tyler Myers
Derrick Pouliot - Chris Tanev
Jamie Oleksiak

Jacob Markstrom
Eddie Lack

(We really like our 4th line - at least 'irl'.  Jenner, Lowry, Hayden - a beast of a line to handle/play against).

444F5680-AD1A-4558-B0A4-C3DCACC949C1.jpeg.d17847db1e1bb53bd76a5767224751a5.jpeg

Following roster players available:

Gemel Smith (Dallas Stars)

Marcus Kruger (Carolina Hurricanes)

Matt Dumba (Minnesota Wild)

Ryan Pulock (NY Islanders)

Patrick Marleau (Toronto Maple Leafs)

Ron Hainsey (Toronto Maple Leafs)

Prospects Available:

All except:

Rasmus Andersson

Spencer Foo

Aleksi Saarela

Riley Tufte

Adin Hill

St. Louis October Update

Somehow, St. Louis is not last despite the fact we are only currently icing 7 regular NHL forwards!

Great --Voracek. Currently 5th in league scoring he's had a wonderful start. That being said, he's available for trade!

Good -- Dadonov. Unsure what to expect when you sign a Russian (cough Shipachyov) but Evgenii has produced and is currently 16th in the NHL in scoring!

Meh -- Meier has not produced as expected, nor has Cousins or Dzingel. They're ok...but meh. Looking at it, the rest of my lineup is mostly meh right now.

Ugly -- Gorges, just ugly. Tippett in that he's being benched! wtf, play him or send him back. 

Prospects! (worth mentioning)

Rourke Chartier. I can't find him. He's not on San Jose's AHL roster, he shows up as blank on hockeydb. He was at San Jose training camp, and was one of the final cuts, but apparently he's entered a black hole. Not good.

Lucas Wallmark. 12 pts in 9 AHL games, I expect him to get called up this season. 

Olli Juolevi. 5 pts in 7 Liiga games. Talk about the Finnish Olympic team???

Jakub Zboril. 0 pts in 8 AHL games. Not good.

Samuel Morin. Recently acquired and called up, he's got 4 pts in 8 AHL games. Expect him to play in the NHL soon!

Joe Hicketts. 4 pts in 10 AHL games. He's someone I'm quietly excited about--I expect to see him in Detroit soon.

Cam Dineen. 15 pts in 15 games with North Bay. 

Miro Heiskanen. 8 pts in 8 Liiga games. Crushing it!

Aleksi Heponiemi. 34 pts in 13 GP with Swift Current. 2nd overall in the WHL!!

Jordan Greenway. 6 pts in 8 GP with BU. Excited about him!

All of this being said--we continue to look to trade any and all of Voracek, Ward, Krejci, Savard, Sceviour, Gorges, Phaneuf and more. 

2 minutes ago, inane said:

Rourke Chartier. I can't find him. He's not on San Jose's AHL roster, he shows up as blank on hockeydb. He was at San Jose training camp, and was one of the final cuts, but apparently he's entered a black hole. Not good.

He’s injured.

[Waivers] The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to place Darren Helm on waivers, if he clears he will be assigned to the minors.

[Assignment] The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to assign Danton Heinen to the minors.

[Call up] The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to call up Kevin Fiala and assign him to the active roster.

Waivers: The Vegas Golden Knights place Jarome Iginla on waivers with intentions to send to the minors.

Send Down: Vegas sends down Vadim Shipachyov (No waivers)

Call Up: Vegas calls up Connor Carrick and Jason Dickinson.

Archived