The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

E2934D09-F3C9-4897-811C-150DD4000242.jpeg.12696c0ff348d7ed6d1fcbe127f014bf.jpeg

The Montreal Canadiens have signed the following players:

Chris DiDomenico - 1 year @ $750k

Josh Jooris - 1 year @ $925k

@Patrick Kane (not Kaner)

@Nail

Grabbed two depth players under 29, they will help round out our forward core.

Athanasiou - Duchene - Tarasenko

Sharp - Hayes - Donskoi

Roussel - Janmark - DiDomenico

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Jooris

Shore

Quine

Hutton - Seabrook

Enstrom - Petrovic

MacDonald - Sustr

Jones

Hutton

2019 entry draft... Such a long wait.

cropped-flamesnation_site_icon.png?w=240

RUMBLINGS OF CALGARY MOVING TWO, KEY YOUNG PLAYERS?

There have been some rumours around the City of Calgary the last week or so that there could be a couple young, highly talented forwards available for trade. F Bo Horvat and F Dylan Larkin have had their names pop up more than once in rumblings around the Saddledome.

Bo Horvat has 39 pool points thus far, and would be a great 2C for any team, or more specifically a team looking to build for the future. Dylan Larkin is done with his sophomore slump season, and is back to his usual self with 66 pool points so far this season. Both players are playing very significant roles with their current teams, and the production is only inevitable now with the minutes they are getting and the talents they possess.

Calgary is rumoured to be moving these players for similar aged forwards on potential playoff teams, or similar aged defensemen on potential playoff teams. Both players COULD be dealt in the same deal, but dealing them apart is the more likely scenario. Nothing is guaranteed, as these players play a large role in Calgary helping the team push for the playoffs.

Just now, gmen81 said:

What's good on Netflix? 

Depends what you like. Mindhunter was incredibly entertaining. David Fincher directs a lot of the episodes, which makes it even better. I’d recommend watching TheNerdist1 Youtube Channel on “How David Fincher Tricks Your Eyes” before watching it. You’ll gain a whole new appreciation for his filmmaking. I watched The Social Network yesterday (for the 4th time, despite not having Facebook). Fincher really knows what he’s doing. Anyway, Mindhunter is fascinating.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Depends what you like. Mindhunter was incredibly entertaining. David Fincher directs a lot of the episodes, which makes it even better. I’d recommend watching TheNerdist1 Youtube Channel on “How David Fincher Tricks Your Eyes” before watching it. You’ll gain a whole new appreciation for his filmmaking. I watched The Social Network yesterday (for the 4th time, despite not having Facebook). Fincher really knows what he’s doing. Anyway, Mindhunter is fascinating.

I was off work last week and finished MindHunters in a couple days. 

Just now, gmen81 said:

I was off work last week and finished MindHunters in a couple days. 

One of the best shows I’ve seen in a while. However, I feel like I say that a lot lately.

If you like thriller/horror/comedy, The Guest is definitely worth watching. Felt more satirical than anything. And I hesitate to call it a horror film.

A non-Netflix show the wife and I are watching right now is The Leftovers. HBO show that just ended this year after 3 seasons. We’re nearly done season 2.

THIS is a stellar show. Alongside The Americans, the best show since Breaking Bad.

39 minutes ago, Monty said:

A non-Netflix show the wife and I are watching right now is The Leftovers. HBO show that just ended this year after 3 seasons. We’re nearly done season 2.

THIS is a stellar show. Alongside The Americans, the best show since Breaking Bad.

Haha I saw The Guest. Thought it was ok. Watched Leftovers, loved season 1 and 2. Kind of confused on season 3. Love The Americans although I'm only about 7 episodes into the latest season. I tend to do that sometimes, watch a show then get away from it and not go back for awhile. Currently focusing in on Ray Donovan. Only on season 1

also Go Ducks. 

cut.thumb.jpg.2172bb8bdfa97ea98018225959dd730e.jpg

Prospect Update

Wanted to get this done before the end of the month, as I'll be working on my roster player monthly report on Wednesday, and it would be a lot of work in one day to do.

Star Prospects

1. Rasmus Andersson (Stockton Heat - Defenseman)

While chosen IRL late in the second round in 2015 (the Sven Baertschi pick), I knew that he wouldn't be around when my selection came, so I selected him with the 24th overall pick. In fact, I remember @inane trying to pick him with the 28th pick shortly after, opting for Noah Juulsen as his replacement pick. I recommend people to look back at that draft and see how you did, it's fun to see who went where https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UCraI-0lvpvFq5kFMd6MtsnICD_dDLeYSxMnKi2E9Ho/edit#gid=0

Anyway, while I may have reached when picking him so early, he has been developing incredibly well. At the moment, Andersson has 7 points in 9 games. Rasmus has been a last cut for the Flames roster the last 2 seasons. While he has his work cut out for him to make the Flames roster on the right side, due to underwhelming contract anchor Michael Stone, at least he can take his time to develop in the AHL before jumping up to the NHL. If/when injuries occur to either Hamilton, Hamonic, or Stone, expect to see Rasmus receive a call up this season.

2. Aleksi Saarela (Charlotte Checkers - Forward)

The last pick in our 2015 draft, Saarela had to overcome the hurdle of having an absolutely poor relationship with his Assat Pori coach in his draft year. The once expected top 10 pick saw his draft stock plummet when attitude problems began to surface. However, after a change in coach and, likely a lot of growing up to do on his end, Saarela turned things around and he began to produce like expected. Saarela is incredibly strong on his feet and plays a sound two-way game. I would not be surprised to see him up with the Hurricanes this season. Thanks IRL Rangers for trading him. He may see the playoffs now.

3. Adin Hill (Tucson Roadrunners - Goaltender)

Adin has played incredibly well at every level he's been tested at. And while he received a call up this year and lost the 3 games he started, he wasn't the worst goaltender to suit up for them this year. And he's only 21. The story on goaltenders is that they roughly need somewhere around 150 AHL games played before they would be ready mentally and physically for the rigours of NHL opponents. I'm taking my time with Adin, and will likely use one of my ELC slides on him again next season. Probably the only prospect I have patience for.

4. Riley Tufte (U. of Minnesota-Duluth - Forward)

Tufte had an incredibly tough start to his 2016-17 season. In his first 14 games, he went scoreless. However, in his remaining 23 games of last season, he recorded 16 points. The story was that, although he did not see the score sheet for the first half of the season, he was doing everything right. So it was only a matter of time. And it appears as though he has picked up right where he left off last year. Through 8 games this year, Tufte has 7 points. I'm unsure as to how many years Riley is committed to college, but I'll likely have to use one of my ELC slides on him next year.

5. Kyle Wood (Tuscon Roadrunners - Defenseman)

In Kyle's first AHL season last year, he was an absolute force offensively. This season, he has 1 point in 6 games. However, the knock on Kyle was never his offensive game, but his defensive play. At 6'5", 223lbs, Tuscon wants him to be more defensively responsible in his own end. While he 43 points in 68 games (14 goals), he was a -13 player last year. The Roadrunners wanted to beef up his work on the back end before putting him up with the Yotes. And considering how poor the Coyotes are this season, I highly doubt they send him to that tire fire.

6. Spencer Foo (Stockton Heat - Forward)

I paid a hefty price to get one of the most coveted college free agents, and working him into my lineup is going to be tough, once he receives a call up. With Jaromir Jagr sidelined, I was thinking Foo might get the call. However, it appears as though the Flames aren't quite ready for him, which makes sense. In his first 4 games in the AHL this year, he was held off the score sheet. In the 5 games since, he's been a PPG player. Hopefully he's found his groove and continues at this pace for the next few months.

7. Andreas Johnson (Toronto Marlies - Forward)

Andreas has received praise for years from Leaf Nation. I bought into the hype and snapped him up in the summer of 2015 in the hopes that LN was correct. At the moment, he's tied for 2nd in Marlies scoring. Historically a sound two-way player, it seems to be a matter of time before he gets a call up to the Leafs.

8. Anthony Stolarz (Lehigh Valley Phantoms - Goaltender)

F*ck me.

Those are the "main" guys who are years into their development, or ahead of where they should be. Or, in Stolarz' case, made of glass. Have other prospects I'm really high on: Fredrik Olofsson, Shane Bowers, Dennis Gilbert, Joseph Woll, UK Luukkonen, Keegan Kolesar, J Kovacevic; however, they won't be ready for 3-5 years.

The Isles are considering moving a top 6 forward - or depth forward

- and possibly a top 6 D as well - and/or depth defenseman

(have a handful of NHL roster assets currently on our AHL club).

Welcome inquiries from teams looking to add - flexible on returns depending on the asset.

14 hours ago, Monty said:

That's a really good youtube channel - also a huge fan of "Lessons from the Screenplay"

1 minute ago, Squeak said:

That's a really good youtube channel - also a huge fan of "Lessons from the Screenplay"

Yup. Started watching “Lessons” not that long ago. Taking time to get into it. I usually watch it right after TheNerdist1, and I find it to be a little more amateur in comparison. It’s still good, but I (wrongly) compare the two.

Archived