The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

1 hour ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To LAK: Zach Hyman

To STL: Samuel Morin, J.C. Beaudin, LAK 2019 2nd Round Pick

(Posting as @Master Mind is away from a computer for a few days)

Thanks to @inane for the painstakingly-slow, yet completely fair and transparent negotiations. And thanks to @Nail for processing.

It wasn't cheap, but we felt adding another core Leaf player would be a good move going forward... especially one who is stapled to Matthews, who represents our divisional rival, Edmonton. Hopefully if Matthews has a great playoff series, Hyman will too.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Thanks to @inane for the painstakingly-slow, yet completely fair and transparent negotiations. And thanks to @Nail for processing.

It wasn't cheap, but we felt adding another core Leaf player would be a good move going forward... especially one who is stapled to Matthews, who represents our divisional rival, Edmonton. Hopefully if Matthews has a great playoff series, Hyman will too.

Lol it's how I roll, ask others here haha

After being a healthy scratch for majority of the season so far, the Isles again thought “Hey, our PP is still sucking, wonder if we should dress Pulock?”

1 PP goal

1 PP assist

So in 3GP, Pulock has 3 points, all on the PP. Perhaps he should be kept up, huh?

In other news, the Hurricanes have made a trade to upgrade our goaltending (I think). Hopefully this helps improve our playoff chances and balances out our team more.

Sad to see Mike Smith traded, though despite our best efforts to improve this team for an attempt at the playoffs, it seemed to be too little too late as we are currently sitting at 22nd overall with a few players we thought would stick not quite making the jump to the NHL. Thanks to GM @Monty for a more than fair deal. Logan Stanley was on our radar the year he was drafted and we expect him to be a force on the blueline challenging for a spot in the next couple of years. The loss of Tryamkin to the KHL was tough to handle as an organization. Stanley (6'7') joins Arizona prospect Oleg Sosunov (6'8') as one of two massive D men in our ranks. 

James Reimer is a good replacement for Smith and quite a bit younger. We think he is more than capable to earn a new contract with us and look forward to watching his play moving forward. 

Teams looking for expiring UFA's please don't hesitate to contact otherwise we will look forward to the TDL where we can further bolster our future. 

Filpula 

Hagelin

Calvert

Chara (Has to waive NMC. Could be decent pick up if Boston turns it around and makes the playoffs)

1 hour ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To CAR: Mike Smith (50% retained for remainder of contract)

To ARZ: James Reimer, Logan Stanley

Thanks to Nail and @Master Mind. And obviously to @Drewismyname for the pleasant negotiations. While Smith is on the tail end of his career, he has been very solid for a Flames team that has yet to hit its stride. I knew from the start in these negotiations that I’d need to part with a top prospect, and Drew and I had previous dealings in Jets players. This made sense for my team, as I already have Scheifele and Byfuglien, so another Jet wasn’t necessary. I also have Kovacevic in the system, but he’s likely 3-4 years away from maybe playing in the NHL.

Last season it was apparent from the start that, while my team was well built for the regular season, I had some key pieces missing for the playoffs. Notably, goaltending. And while it’s early in the season, I feel as though Elliott and Smith should likely be playoff goalies.

There’s been a few discussions revolving around other players, so Carolina is likely not done. My Iginla contract is still a thorn, but as indicated earlier, a trade can be worked out where I place him on waivers and said team claims in larger trade. So, if rebuilding and want to get creative, I’m game.

13 minutes ago, Monty said:

E7469A61-8DA0-4D8E-AADB-24FECD87C7F1.jpeg.1f781794e96ea485c36fe678b785566b.jpeg

The New Jersey Devils have signed the following players:

Nathan Walker 1 year, 925K 

MacKenzie Weegar 1 year, 875K

Jaycob Maygna 1 year, 800K

@Mr.Miyagi

@Nail

We will start with all these guys on the roster please. In order for that to happen.

Assignment: NJD send down Peter Cehlarik (No Waivers) and Mark Streit (Cleared Waivers)

I believe that we will be roster compliment after that.

Thanks @Monty, we are happy to add much needed depth without subtraction from our team. All 4 guys are currently playing in depth roles as well irl. Happy to add all 4

Archived