The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Petty Passes Away

Warhippy

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Damn :( Saw this earlier. Pretty devastating. The day of his last show in Van, a friend and I were making every last ditch effort to get a ticket without completely breaking the bank. After I had tried earlier to get tickets too. I would have loved to see that show, wish I had just bucked up. 

One of my fav Classic Rock artists, so many classics, such a great songwriter. This really sucks, RIP. 

Same deal with me for INXS during the Elegantly Wasted Tour. I figured since they were all young, I could afford to miss that tour. 

Later Hutchence commits suicide. :(

28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Same deal with me for INXS during the Elegantly Wasted Tour. I figured since they were all young, I could afford to miss that tour. 

Later Hutchence commits suicide. :(

Dude, that wasn't suicide..?

I thought he accidentally killed himself while "pulling the goalie" on a neck tie...

He was a gasper.

Sorry to be blunt, but wasn't it accidental. Rumour at the time was he still had his manhood in his hands...

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Dude, that wasn't suicide..?

I thought he accidentally killed himself while "pulling the goalie" on a neck tie...

He was a gasper.

Sorry to be blunt, but wasn't it accidental. Rumour at the time was he still had his manhood in his hands...

Death by misadventure then?

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Sorry.  I went to The Wall..was at BC..you're right.  IDK if they can do the stage show he's been doing elsewhere right at Rogers..  

Saw The Wall tour at BC Place as well.  Awesome show.  Current Us and Them tour they've been doing a lot of hockey arena's, shouldn't be an issue.

• 3 months later...

Tom Petty's Autopsy: Singer Died From Massive Accidental Drug Overdose

Tom Petty‘s autopsy results are in, and they show the singer died from an accidental drug overdose as a result of taking a variety of medications.

The L.A. County Coroner says a number of Tom’s organs failed due to “mixed drug toxicity.”

Tom’s autopsy report shows the singer was on several pain meds, including Fentanyl patches, oxycodone, temazepam, alprazolam, citalopram, acetylfentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl.  The reason doctors prescribed the meds was because of a number of medical problems, including emphysema, knee problems and a fractured hip.

The family says the linchpin to Tom’s demise was the fractured hip.  He insisted on touring for 53 concert dates with the condition, which worsened over time and caused him to take the meds. On the date he died he was told the hip had graduated to a full-on break that made the pain unbearable and may have caused the overuse of meds.

The autopsy says Petty suffered from coronary artery atherosclerosis.

As we reported … Tom’s official death certificate left his cause of death as “deferred,” leaving it as a mystery until now.

We broke the story … Tom went into full cardiac arrest before being taken to a hospital in L.A. He eventually died when his family took him off life support.

Fentanyl was also linked to the deaths of Prince and Lil Peep.

Tom was 66.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-pettys-autopsy-singer-died-massive-accidental-drug-overdose-001310152.html

Seven different pain meds? I guess the moral of the story is don't push yourself so hard you need a tonne of pain killers to carry on.

RIP Tom

Damn

Archived