The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Petty Passes Away

Warhippy

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/10/tom-petty-on-life-support-after-suffering-full-cardiac-arrest/?wasp=facebook-ads

Tom Petty is currently on life support after suffering full cardiac arrest, according to TMZ.

The 66-year-old rock legend was found unconscious in his Malibu home on Sunday and taken to a local hospital, where he was put on life support, TMZ adds.

Petty’s condition is currently unclear. Consequence of Sound has reached out to his representative for further information.

==============================================

TMZ is reporting that Tom Petty has died.

It was initially reported that he was rushed to the hospital in critical condition on Sunday night after the 66-year-old was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest at his Malibu home.

Upon arrival at the house, Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) were able to get a pulse.

Petty was rushed to UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and put on life support, but his current condition is unknown.

The musician, who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002, is best known as the lead singer of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

He’s also known as a member and co-founder of the late 1980s supergroup, the Traveling Wilburys.

===================================================================

Updated.  Tom Petty has now died as reported by his family and various media outlets :(

Screw it, after the last 24 hours.  I want off this ride.  I'm done...2016 never really ended and I want off.

If he went any length of time without proper oxygen going to his brain, this could end poorly.  I hope somebody found him shortly after he had the heart attack.  Thank God his heart was at least still beating.

*edit* Looks like he did go too long without enough oxygen. :(

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Screw it, after the last 24 hours.  I want off this ride.  I'm done...2016 never really ended and I want off.

It's not really going to get better when it comes to big names: everyone is just getting older and older. It sucks.

UPDATE: TMZ is now reporting that “after Petty got to the hospital, he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tom-petty-cardiac-arrest/

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/02/tom-petty-found-unconscious-full-cardiac-arrest/

Damn this is terrible. Love this guy.

RIP Tom.

9 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

UPDATE: TMZ is now reporting that “after Petty got to the hospital, he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.”

That answers my wondering if he went without oxygen for too long after his heart attack.

This is pretty sad. :(

Another one that's so hard to take. Remember seeing his concert with my late sis, in the early 90's. What news to wake up to...

"I woke up in between, memories & a dream."

How many of us have felt this hazy^ feeling? Or that brilliant duet with Stevie Nicks? Man..this is rough. RIP, Mr Petty.

Just now, Johnny Shotgun said:

Saw a super documentary on him and his career a few months ago. A hard nosed guy when it came to members in his band and a very astute businessman.  He took on MCA and their ruthless ways and won.  He'll be missed.

Got a link to that by any chance?

Archived