The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser and the Calder race.

Adarsh Sant

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

Surprised Boeser won the All Star MVP. There were a few guys that scored 2 and I think he only had 1 assist, right? I could be wrong.

He played with a little more jump than most of the other guys (probably due to his age)

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Does the All-Star game have any real weight do you think for the calder?  I'd imagine if its a dead heat he will get the edge now. but wow what a guy

No weight on the voting I would think. It's just a matter of exposing him more to Eastern media who might not follow him.

It's more just to say, here's why there's hype with this guy. Don't forget him when you're voting.

1 hour ago, Vanisleryan said:

For being All-Star MVP, Brock Boeser gets a $212,500 entry-level bonus. That’s in addition to $100,000 for being part of the winning team and $25,000 for winning the shooting accuracy. That’s a good weekend<

So he added $425K to his salary? Does that come off our cap next year or can we apply it to this year's cap if we have space?

Edit: 425k = 212.5k for ASG and 212.5 for ASG MVP. Correct?

2 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

So he added $425K to his salary? Does that come off our cap next year or can we apply it to this year's cap if we have space?

The 100k and the 25k would be separate from his salary.

Only the 212,500k would be added to his salary as a bonus, which can always be deferred.

3 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I think it's 212.5 x 2. That's a pretty big hit for next year...

20180128_172209.jpg

Meh, next years not really a year we need to worry about.

The Sedins will likely be taking salary cuts, not to mention Vanek and Dorsett's salary will be off the books. Plus the cap is going up again.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Meh, next years not really a year we need to worry about.

The Sedins will likely be taking salary cuts, not to mention Vanek and Dorsett's salary will be off the books. Plus the cap is going up again.

Can we apply it to this year's if we have/make space?

24 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

oh it didn't copy what was said above lol. It's not a quote but his interpretation of what he would say Lol

I don't think Murray can say hes lucky anymore.  The All Star mvp nod cannot be topped aside from a cup.

16 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Can we apply it to this year's if we have/make space?

Yes, bonuses always apply to the current year's cap if there's room.  It only goes to next year's cap if you don't have room to fit it on this year's cap.  I don't know the canucks cap situation, so don't know if there's room to fit it this year.

Archived