The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser and the Calder race.

Adarsh Sant

5 hours ago, rekker said:

Barzal is on fire. Not looking good for Boeser. All good. BB is a gift from the hockey gods. So glad he's a Canuck .

Way too early to say it's not looking good for Boeser.  Who's to say Barzal won't go through a dry spell too?  Even the best do (OV, Crosby, McD).

1 hour ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

It's clear which rookie is more valuable to their team. One is the teams best player while the other plays on a very deep team with consistent linemates. Without any doubt that will affect the Calder voting. Plus there is still half a season left. 

Exactly.  

1 minute ago, yes we can nucks said:

Way too early to say it's not looking good for Boeser.  Who's to say Barzal won't go through a dry spell too?  Even the best do (OV, Crosby, McD).

Exactly.  

For sure. I love Boeser.  Kids a beaut. Barzal is something else. A centre to boot. So far I have him the frontrunner. 

If they are close in points I would guess that Barzal gets more votes despite Boeser producing in a more challenging situation. Perception on the ice. Barzal's line just looks so dynamic with the speed. Boeser is not as smooth of a skater and he's playing with Vanek-Gagner.  

23 hours ago, cory40 said:

Wow , Brock is all alone. He practically carries any line he is on. When nobody was scoring on the Canucks. Brock was. Brock has hit the post at least 12 - 15 times this year, Brock could have 10 more assists if his linemates performed half decent in the first 30 games.

C'mon Brock we believe.  

He’s hard not to love. Best rookie since Bure. Godly release, elite  IQ. Humble and good hair. 

8 hours ago, suitup said:

I have to agree with Fanuck. I'm based in the East coast and even I have to agree. Not to mention, they're total simpletons. Highly doubt they're going to look at anything other than who has the most points by the end of it. 

Yup. Which I detailed in my OP. Most points basically wins every time.

• Adarsh Sant changed the title to Brock Boeser and the Calder race. (Updated as of Dec 22nd)
21 hours ago, mll said:

If they are close in points I would guess that Barzal gets more votes despite Boeser producing in a more challenging situation. Perception on the ice. Barzal's line just looks so dynamic with the speed. Boeser is not as smooth of a skater and he's playing with Vanek-Gagner.  

1 hour ago, Davathor said:

It's over.

Barzal has superior linemates around him, Boeser will never catch up to the assists.

At least he will probly finish top 10 in goals in his first season in the league

This is exactly why Boeser will win this. He is doing it regardless of who plays beside him. And injuries have decimated the Canucks. Yet Boeser keeps putting up numbers. Boeser will have a couple more big nights the race will be cose. Barzel will have a cold spell also. When the Media look at Vancouver and what Boeser has done, Sign the papers but Barzal has to beat Boeser by 10 points to win. And if Brock gets 35 goals its his to lose. Why because Brock's line has not been flashy. He at times has played with who ever. He could still win it with 30 goals. 

11 minutes ago, bree2 said:

because barzel has a few more points than boeser , you all think it is over for boeser.  whats to say barzel goes cold and he will and boeser heats up. 

The sky is apparently falling for some lol

Barzel got several points in a few games and Brock hasn't scored in a few........there's almost a 1/2 season left to play  

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

Edmonton may have drafted Barzal if they didn't trade that pick to the Islanders for Reinhart. Thank God they have dolt running the team.

One of the reasons I would be still be happy if Barzal won it. Oiler fans will lose their collective minds.

Archived