The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) flip Subban and Rodin

mmead

Sounds like we are going to sign Kole Lind to a contract soon, which will put us with 1(?) open contract.  It would be nice to have some slots open just in case Benning sees a piece he likes or after Gaudettes season is over to do a Boesser season end.  If we flip Subban and Rodin for even low end draft picks, give them an opportunity and also gives Benning a few more bullets in the draft.

Van -> Habs

Rodin for a 6th round pick

Don't know if this pick is too low/high but could be a cheap piece Mon could try to generate some offence and if it fails not a big cost.  Rodin isn't playing much in Utica so could be a last chance for him this year trying to get a contract for next year

Van -> NYR

Subban for a 6th round pick

Again not sure if I over/under valued Subban.  Reason I chose NYR is there defensive prospect pool looks shallow (essentially any team with soft defensive depth).  He clearly will not make the canucks, give him a chance to establish himself in another market.

I know not the normal earth shattering proposal I see on these forums but think these would benifeit us (and potentially our prospects futures).

Yes for Subban, but hopefully more than a 6th rounder. 

Not sure New York is a good destination for him though.

Maybe if Rodin continues to struggle, then at the deadline flip him for a 6th. 

Rights Tram and Subban for Madison Bowey in Washington? (Come on I can dream can't I?)

3 hours ago, mmead said:

Sounds like we are going to sign Kole Lind to a contract soon, which will put us with 1(?) open contract.  It would be nice to have some slots open just in case Benning sees a piece he likes or after Gaudettes season is over to do a Boesser season end.  If we flip Subban and Rodin for even low end draft picks, give them an opportunity and also gives Benning a few more bullets in the draft.

Van -> Habs

Rodin for a 6th round pick

Don't know if this pick is too low/high but could be a cheap piece Mon could try to generate some offence and if it fails not a big cost.  Rodin isn't playing much in Utica so could be a last chance for him this year trying to get a contract for next year

Van -> NYR

Subban for a 6th round pick

Again not sure if I over/under valued Subban.  Reason I chose NYR is there defensive prospect pool looks shallow (essentially any team with soft defensive depth).  He clearly will not make the canucks, give him a chance to establish himself in another market.

I know not the normal earth shattering proposal I see on these forums but think these would benifeit us (and potentially our prospects futures).

How about flipin Chaput and Megna instead

I'd still hang onto Rodin. He is streaky, but what he showed last year was something special (in preseason before injury). If he is just rusty, so give him some time to play it off in Utica. Its not worth a 6th round pick to give up this quickly on him..... besides if Utica gets into the playoffs, a scorer such as him will be great to have. 

13 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

we'd probably have to include a pick with rodin.

Like say Rodin and a 5th for a 3rd rounder?

Subban definitely has trade Value, but might be more suitable as a minor piece in a Vanek or Burmistrov trade or something.

Subban has trade Value? I'd take a new skate Sharpener and better cheese for the Nachos at the games straight up!

Neither of these guys have any value right now.   They're worth more to our organization staying put in Utica and helping solidify their roster imo.  If either one of them can raise their stock then reconsider options at a later time. 

Archived