The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau more unpopular than popular for the first time since election: survey

tbone909

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Everything with you is a comparison to Harper, everything. Why not hold the government of the day and the pm accountable for their actions. 

I do. Harper is just a useful counterpoint when you guys post fake news to make a point. 

I'm quite po'd with Trudeau over electoral reform, and he really dropped the ball on small biz taxation. That doesn't mean I need to see a fake news or baited questions. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I do. Harper is just a useful counterpoint when you guys post fake news to make a point. 

I'm quite po'd with Trudeau over electoral reform, and he really dropped the ball on small biz taxation. That doesn't mean I need to see a fake news or baited questions. 

I think those two issues will hurt him more than I initially thought they would. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think those two issues will hurt him more than I initially thought they would. 

I think its going to get him a minority gov't next election. IMO he's going to lose a lot of the millennial vote to Singh in part over this and also Singh is more in tune with social issues (I don't care for him but I can see why say 25 or under would like him).

You'll probably find it hard to believe but prior to the PC-Reformer merger I was a PC voter. I can't stand the injection of social conservatism in the current CPC, thats why i can't vote for them. 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think its going to get him a minority gov't next election. IMO he's going to lose a lot of the millennial vote to Singh in part over this and also Singh is more in tune with social issues (I don't care for him but I can see why say 25 or under would like him).

You'll probably find it hard to believe but prior to the PC-Reformer merger I was a PC voter. I can't stand the injection of social conservatism in the current CPC, thats why i can't vote for them. 

I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative...  but also very much environmental and want to address climate change / tar sands expansion....

Not sure where thats puts me..

Probably NOT VOTING  i guess......

Maybe Greens are an option...  never thought i would EVER  vote Green... guess i will have to consider it....

Edited by kingofsurrey

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Oh I can believe that, you do strike me as a traditional Progressive Conservative. I actually don't mind minority governments, however I really don't like JT as PM. 

I would prefer a Conservative majority but I also hoped Bernier would have won the leadership race. I do like some of Scheers ideas and I don't think the religious stuff should scare people. Trudeau is a Catholic and I apologize in advance but that is a pretty scary religion.

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative...  but also very much environmental and want to address climate change / tar sands expansion....

Not sure where thats puts me..

Probably NOT VOTING  i guess......

Maybe Greens are an option...  never thought i would EVER  vote Green... guess i will have to consider it....

uh you sure about that?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh I can believe that, you do strike me as a traditional Progressive Conservative. I actually don't mind minority governments, however I really don't like JT as PM. 

I would prefer a Conservative majority but I also hoped Bernier would have won the leadership race. I do like some of Scheers ideas and I don't think the religious stuff should scare people. Trudeau is a Catholic and I apologize in advance but that is a pretty scary religion.

but wait... I thought you called me a SJW :lol:

what I really liked about the Mulroney era was the support for multiculturalism and immigration, the Charter, and really forward thinking trade polices. IMO those are some of the biggest reasons we have such a great standard of living here. 

I think its on the topic of Charter rights where you mistake me for a SJW. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but wait... I thought you called me a SJW :lol:

what I really liked about the Mulroney era was the support for multiculturalism and immigration, the Charter, and really forward thinking trade polices. IMO those are some of the biggest reasons we have such a great standard of living here. 

I think its on the topic of Charter rights where you mistake me for a SJW. 

Well you hate Harper yet he brought more immigrants to Canada than any other government.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Even the Russians are laughing.

https://www.rt.com/news/418061-trudeau-peoplekind-correction-mankind/

Trudeau actually corrects woman to say ‘peoplekind’ instead of ‘mankind’ 

What a nutcase.  But does not matter.  Trudeau is guaranteed a majority in the next election.   What we have with Scheer, is a person with zero personality, the type of person Trump calls "low energy".   If you can imagine a guy with less personality than Harper, that is Scheer.   No way that guy is going to win the election.

A person that can beat Trudeau is Caroline Mulroney but she is not running for the Federal Conservatives.  She is running for the Ontario PCs.

Edited by DonLever

3 minutes ago, DonLever said:

What a nutcase.  But does not matter.  Trudeau is guaranteed a majority in the next election.   What we have with Scheer, is a person with zero personality, the type of person Trump calls "low energy".   If you can imagine a guy with less personality than Harper, that is Scheer.   No way that guy is going to win the election.

A person that can beat Trudeau is Caroline Mulroney but she is not running for the Federal Conservatives.  She is running for the Ontario PCs.

Lol guaranteed? Ok. Mulroney eh? The same name associated with the biggest defeat in Canadian history.

33 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No but I think you have insinuated he is a racist. 

oh sorry for the confusion, he is a racist when it comes to First Nations 

"old stock" and this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/stephen-harper-s-comments-on-missing-murdered-aboriginal-women-show-lack-of-respect-1.2879154

Edited by Jimmy McGill

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Even the Russians are laughing.

https://www.rt.com/news/418061-trudeau-peoplekind-correction-mankind/

Trudeau actually corrects woman to say ‘peoplekind’ instead of ‘mankind’ 

The Batpeople is the best tweet about it!

Its such a joke to be honest, nobody has every said Peoplekind, mankind is just a word, not just for men but everyone ffs.

Edited by Russ
  • Like 1