The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser in All Star Voting

GreyHatnDart

Despite leading the way by a fair margin in the Calder race, and being 5th for the Rocket Richard, Boeser isn’t even a Canuck option in the fan voting for Pacific team captain. Our two options are Baer and Horvat, both who obviously are hurt. What an absolute joke.

I’m going to spam the voting ballot as often as I can and I am creating this topic to draw attention to this fact and am hoping to get more of us fellow Canuck fans to do the same. Hope it’s in the right place mods. Cheers. 

9 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

Despite leading the way by a fair margin in the Calder race, and being 5th for the Rocket Richard, Boeser isn’t even a Canuck option in the fan voting for Pacific team captain. Our two options are Baer and Horvat, both who obviously are hurt. What an absolute joke.

I’m going to spam the voting ballot as often as I can and I am creating this topic to draw attention to this fact and am hoping to get more of us fellow Canuck fans to do the same. Hope it’s in the right place mods. Cheers. 

With Bo's injury the only logical Canuck rep would be Boeser so calm down. And "spam the voting ballot" all you want there's a kid that wears #97 who also plays in the Pacific and he WILL be the Captain of the Pacific team.

23 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

i was going to vote but of ur spamming it i dont need too. thanks for casting our votes for us.

20 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

With Bo's injury the only logical Canuck rep would be Boeser so calm down. And "spam the voting ballot" all you want there's a kid that wears #97 who also plays in the Pacific and he WILL be the Captain of the Pacific team.

Not gonna minus cuz only peasants do minusing and down votes.... 

but #97? I could care less about #97... if I'm watching the All Star Game, I cheer for whoever reps our team. He should be captain, whomever he is. 

How about wildcard voting the bulldog?! BIEGAAAAAAA

26 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

17 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Boeser isn't going to win the vote and he'll obviously be the guy the Canucks send to the ASG. What's the big deal?

McDavid got a ton of recognition of a stellar rookie season. He was injured so he didn’t win the Calder though he still nearly pulled it off iirc. Mathews mug was pasted all over my TV every other minute.  I’d like the league to give our own Calder front runner get some respect is all. I need to calm down for asking people to support our players? Lol okay. 

I’m sure he won’t win the vote either Herr, but again, why not support our players to get some nationwide notice?McDavid and Mathews garnered monster press in their rookie seasons, and Boeser is on place to out score both of them. Why shouldn’t he be recognized?

There wasn’t even Horvat all star jerseys available for purchase last year, and I’d like to see our players get some respect this season. 

Our players never get respected. Even when the twins were killing it a few years ago they (league/media) all found something else to cover, so why start now

When mcdavid and Matthews had their chance they were already backed by sponsors. no one on our team has that corporate backing like those guys and sid have and id rather have it that way

1 minute ago, Xbox said:

Just be glad we have a rookie like Boeser in our lineup. A prospect who actually met CDC's crazy expectations.

I’m a little surprised so far by the responses here. People aren’t a little pissed off about this? Or how as I mentioned Horvat didn’t even have a jersey made up for him for sale last year? I know I was.

As I said, Boeser is on pace to score 46 goals this year, crushing Mathews 40 last year. Literally all I saw everywhere was Mathews this, Mathews that... drives me nuts that Boeser isn’t being getting more props, and this is our opportunity as fans to raise the awareness about this kid. 

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Our players never get respected. Even when the twins were killing it a few years ago they (league/media) all found something else to cover, so why start now

When mcdavid and Matthews had their chance they were already backed by sponsors. no one on our team has that corporate backing like those guys and sid have and id rather have it that way

Fair enough, although I’m hearing Boeser is being approached for said sponsors and mentioned that he’ll be looking into it at the end of the year (or season, can’t remember which). 

5 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

I’m a little surprised so far by the responses here. People aren’t a little pissed off about this? Or how as I mentioned Horvat didn’t even have a jersey made up for him for sale last year? I know I was.

As I said, Boeser is on pace to score 46 goals this year, crushing Mathews 40 last year. Literally all I saw everywhere was Mathews this, Mathews that... drives me nuts that Boeser isn’t being getting more props, and this is our opportunity as fans to raise the awareness about this kid. 

The jersey last year I wasn't happy about. Everyone who attends the game should have their jersey available for purchase if someone wants it. As for the Matthews/Laine comparison I agree. Tim and Sid said the same thing on their podcast yesterday. Brock deserves (and I think he'll get) more coverage in the East. 

EDIT: I'm not mad because there is no doubt Boeser will be in the All-Star game. He's going to be our franchise player and future captain. No disrespect to Horvat.

8 minutes ago, Xbox said:

The jersey last year I wasn't happy about. Everyone who attends the game should have their jersey available for purchase if someone wants it. As for the Matthews/Laine comparison I agree. Tim and Sid said the same thing on their podcast yesterday. Brock deserves (and I think he'll get) more coverage in the East. 

EDIT: I'm not mad because there is no doubt Boeser will be in the All-Star game. He's going to be our franchise player and future captain. No disrespect to Horvat.

I’m hoping so, and obviously an all star appearance will help with that. I realize the has and always will have a bigger audience and therefore get bigger marketing. I just find it frustrating as a fan to continue to watch the Canucks in general get swept under the rug by national media. 

The only reason I am not mad about this is because I have come to expect it.  Let's be honest, as soon as you become a Canuck you basically become the black sheep of the NHL family.  No one cares about you and as soon as they do it's in a negative light.  

But it's mainly the media we have in this city.  They are horribly notorious for just bashing the Canucks and causing controversy whenever they can.  Even when we had our famous cup run, it was the Vancouver media that made us villains more so than any other media outlet.

10 minutes ago, DooBie604 said:

The only reason I am not mad about this is because I have come to expect it.  Let's be honest, as soon as you become a Canuck you basically become the black sheep of the NHL family.  No one cares about you and as soon as they do it's in a negative light.  

But it's mainly the media we have in this city.  They are horribly notorious for just bashing the Canucks and causing controversy whenever they can.  Even when we had our famous cup run, it was the Vancouver media that made us villains more so than any other media outlet.

I’m always amused by Botchford in particular. His whipping boy these days is Gudbranson and his underlying stats. The funny thing I’ve always noticed about any info Botchford puts forward in his writings is he always fails to note the QoC or zone faceoff percentages when listing Corsi for example. Pretty tough to have a positive Corsi when you’re taking 75% of the draws in your own end. 

15 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

I’m hoping so, and obviously an all star appearance will help with that. I realize the has and always will have a bigger audience and therefore get bigger marketing. I just find it frustrating as a fan to continue to watch the Canucks in general get swept under the rug by national media. 

To be fair we haven't had a young player in a long time who was worth getting excessive media coverage outside of our own teams. Now that we do I have noticed an upwards trend in that. I live in the East and the Boeser talk is heating up and Boeser has earned it. I also give props to Coach Greene on his development. Beginning of the season he sat Brock out 3 games and didn't hand him anything. He made Brock earn it all and I give a lot of credit to Coach Greene for the player he is today.

1 hour ago, GreyHatnDart said:

McDavid got a ton of recognition of a stellar rookie season. He was injured so he didn’t win the Calder though he still nearly pulled it off iirc. Mathews mug was pasted all over my TV every other minute.  I’d like the league to give our own Calder front runner get some respect is all. I need to calm down for asking people to support our players? Lol okay. 

I’m sure he won’t win the vote either Herr, but again, why not support our players to get some nationwide notice?McDavid and Mathews garnered monster press in their rookie seasons, and Boeser is on place to out score both of them. Why shouldn’t he be recognized?

There wasn’t even Horvat all star jerseys available for purchase last year, and I’d like to see our players get some respect this season. 

I wasn't even going to respond once i saw "Lol" but I just have to. No, you don't have to calm down for asking people to support a Canuck player but you do need to calm down with the rampant homerism and Canuck-as-victim mentality. McDavid, Matthews were both first overall picks and have been on the hockey radar since they were 14-15 so they are more than just "Calder front-runners". Just because Brock has been on the CDC radar for 2 years doesn't mean that the entire league knew who he was prior to a couple of months ago. The All-Star ballots have been out since almost the beginning of the season and Bo and Baer were hurt just a couple of weeks ago yet you cry that they were the only 2 on the ballot? Pretty much every show I've watched recently has praised Boeser's start and Green's coaching (even the Overdrive1050 Leafs boys) and yes they are giving as much respect that a 20 year old rookie off to hot start to his career deserves. Its absolutely laughable that some of the fans of a team that are on the verge of finishing in the bottom 5 for the 3rd straight season and 4th in the last 5 years that finally have a bonafide sniper and burgeoning superstar yet all they can focus on is some perceived lack of respect against a kid thats played 41 NHL games even though Boeser has been given praise league-wide.

Archived