The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) TOR - VAN

From watching the world juniors I’ve gotten to see a good amount of Timmothy Liljregen. His speed is good his offensive upside is good and he’s overall a solid Defender. I know Tanev would probably be their first ask but I think tanev has a good playoff pedigree and want to hold onto him.

Does Guddy and Hutton hold enough value for this?

To Van: Liljregen 

To Tor: Guddy

Hutton

2018 2nd

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

From watching the world juniors I’ve gotten to see a good amount of Timmothy Liljregen. His speed is good his offensive upside is good and he’s overall a solid Defender. I know Tanev would probably be their first ask but I think tanev has a good playoff pedigree and want to hold onto him.

Does Guddy and Hutton hold enough value for this?

To Van: Liljregen 

To Tor: Guddy

Hutton

2018 2nd

Thoughts?

Quantity for quality is a tough sell to a team (Leafs) who will have CAP issues.   Moreover, why give up a draft pick?   

Liljregen has not had a stellar WJC so far but I think a lot of the Swedish team has had the flu apparently so perhaps that has a role in it.   I think that Toronto likes him so getting him away form them would be like Canucks trading Juolevi.  Would you like to see Benning take two of their six Dmen (one being UFA next summer) and a second round pick for Juolevi?  I sure would not unless it was Reilly coming back.    

I think to get Liljregen from Leafs would take quality not quantity.   Tanev might get it done.   Horvat would be their likely ask.   

I'm not sure why Liljegren is such a hot target out of Toronto. I was high on him for a bit in his draft year, but that quickly faded. He's made a handful of absolutely boneheaded giveaways in his own zone that he was lucky weren't taken advantage of at this WJC. He's probably the most irresponsible Swedish defenseman. 

There seems to be a place for a trade like this, where if the team (the Leafs in this case) think they can contend but they have holes in their roster, and their trading partner wants to shed veterans and pick up youth in a rebuild, then the template works.  That said, I don't know if the Leafs have such a big need in their back end (they do have Rielly, Gardiner both on pace for 40+ points, while Hainsey and Zaitsev are averaging above 20 minutes a game and are solid all-rounders.  Even Polak and Borgman, their #5 and #6 have been looking solid) and Liljegren is a very solid asset.  In this case the need probably isn't big enough to justify this move (they do have a +14 goal differential, and if anything they would benefit from adding up front.  I don't think we're in a place to help them with that.

4 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I'm not sure why Liljegren is such a hot target out of Toronto. I was high on him for a bit in his draft year, but that quickly faded. He's made a handful of absolutely boneheaded giveaways in his own zone that he was lucky weren't taken advantage of at this WJC. He's probably the most irresponsible Swedish defenseman. 

He’s young, he’ll makes mistake but that kid seem to have the drive and raw skill and I might just be to high on him but I think he’s going to be a Top 2 D men with a really good offensive pedigree 

4 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

There seems to be a place for a trade like this, where if the team (the Leafs in this case) think they can contend but they have holes in their roster, and their trading partner wants to shed veterans and pick up youth in a rebuild, then the template works.  That said, I don't know if the Leafs have such a big need in their back end (they do have Rielly, Gardiner both on pace for 40+ points, while Hainsey and Zaitsev are averaging above 20 minutes a game and are solid all-rounders.  Even Polak and Borgman, their #5 and #6 have been looking solid) and Liljegren is a very solid asset.  In this case the need probably isn't big enough to justify this move (they do have a +14 goal differential, and if anything they would benefit from adding up front.  I don't think we're in a place to help them with that.

I think Toronto could benefit from this trade although they are have a solid year so far with keeping the puck out of the net I seen first hand what happened last playoffs with the Reilly and Gardiner 35 minutes games 1 or 2 injuries could derail they’re entire post season.

I see Liljregen and I see a high ceiling but a low floor that why the price I feel could very a lot.

3 hours ago, Odjick_fan said:

so give up 2 nhl roster players (defenders no less) and a high 2nd rd pick for one prospect? 

wouldn't it be better to jus draft a way better RHD in this years draft. Boqvist, Dobson, Wilde or Merkley

position doesn't equate into quality... Look at Boeser for that reason and realistically even if we trade for Liljegren I would still draft a great RHD defender because that's how you build depth.

On the proposal, it's quite a far-fetched proposal. trading 2 NHL players and a high-round 2nd pick is not a great proposal when the return is an unknown raw small defender. I'm a huge Liljegren supporter and whilst he has made some bad turnovers in the WJC he had a great NHL camp and a pretty good year in the AHL this year. You also notice the skill, speed and dynamic ability when watching him play on the WJC.

I doubt the leafs are looking to trade him but I do see the fit in bolstering the defense position... Hell I was willing to trade Tanev for the Liljegren spot + another prospect so I'll offer the same this year lol.

Liljegren + first + (capdump) for Tanev

Toronto gets 3 more years of Reilly + Tanev combo that should shore up their first pairing and realistically their next 2 years is the most important while Matthews and Marner are still on RFA contracts.

10 minutes ago, goblix said:

position doesn't equate into quality... Look at Boeser for that reason and realistically even if we trade for Liljegren I would still draft a great RHD defender because that's how you build depth.

On the proposal, it's quite a far-fetched proposal. trading 2 NHL players and a high-round 2nd pick is not a great proposal when the return is an unknown raw small defender. I'm a huge Liljegren supporter and whilst he has made some bad turnovers in the WJC he had a great NHL camp and a pretty good year in the AHL this year. You also notice the skill, speed and dynamic ability when watching him play on the WJC.

I doubt the leafs are looking to trade him but I do see the fit in bolstering the defense position... Hell I was willing to trade Tanev for the Liljegren spot + another prospect so I'll offer the same this year lol.

Liljegren + first + (capdump) for Tanev

Toronto gets 3 more years of Reilly + Tanev combo that should shore up their first pairing and realistically their next 2 years is the most important while Matthews and Marner are still on RFA contracts.

Hey ya let’s help the mable leaves out lmfao. If Tanev is on trade block the return better be greater than a blow smoke up yer arse prospect and a late first and cap dump wtf

Try 2 firsts. A+ level prospect and marner. But that jus me. I not gonna give away an elite shot suppression D for a maybe 

Here is what I would like to see with TO. 

to TO:

Tanev

to Van:

Kapanen

Pollak

The key for me here is Kapanen but with salaries etc Pollak could come into the lineup as we are not making the playoffs this year and he is a UFA at the end of the year. This gives us time to see in offseason where the D stands.

12 hours ago, Odjick_fan said:

Hey ya let’s help the mable leaves out lmfao. If Tanev is on trade block the return better be greater than a blow smoke up yer arse prospect and a late first and cap dump wtf

Try 2 firsts. A+ level prospect and marner. But that jus me. I not gonna give away an elite shot suppression D for a maybe 

You can’t possibly be serious 

28 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You can’t possibly be serious 

Like I said, thats just me.  Selective hearing much  [Try 2 firsts. A+ level prospect and marner. But that jus me. I not gonna give away an elite shot suppression D for a maybe]  

not sure if u a leaf fan, but why the F@#k should Canucks help out the mable leaves?

mable leaves be like - blah blah blah, but tanev is not a top pairing D ... blah blah blah

and then they would put him on top pairing with Reilly lol

24 minutes ago, Odjick_fan said:

Like I said, thats just me.  Selective hearing much  [Try 2 firsts. A+ level prospect and marner. But that jus me. I not gonna give away an elite shot suppression D for a maybe]  

not sure if u a leaf fan, but why the F@#k should Canucks help out the mable leaves?

mable leaves be like - blah blah blah, but tanev is not a top pairing D ... blah blah blah

and then they would put him on top pairing with Reilly lol

I hate the leafs. But trades rely on being beneficial for both teams. Your ask for Tanev is beyond ridiculous.

Archived