The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

Pacific Northern Gas Ltd. (PNG) is aware of the operational event northeast of Prince George on the Enbridge pipeline. Currently, PNG is not impacted as a result of this incident.
PNG is monitoring the situation and will advise if conditions change.                                                                                                                                         the east to west line isn't effected it  splits and heads west  at summit lake north of the explosion site.  everything south of pg is effected.                                                                                                                  PNG-ServiceAreas-WebVersion-20180313-v05-FINAL.jpg

Edited by chon derry

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

I can't believe nobody has asked where is Trudeau in all of this? That good for nothing lout is probably out gallivanting on some billionaire's island wearing Indian clothing giving 10M to terrorists. 

...and touching women inappropriately....

• Upvote 1

On 02/10/2018 at 9:49 AM, chon derry said:

when you posted NG is  dead a month ago ,as argumentative as you are about oil and gas I decided not to respond to your comment , and wait until formal announcements ,since the work on the old ocelot methane petrochemical site has been on going for a while now. Expecting other proposals for Prince Rupert to come to fruition as kitamats harbour has limited size and depth issues , whereas Ruperts harbour and ridley island Industrial area dont . Grassy point a few miles north of Rupert earmarked for a  oil line " local colin helin's Eagle sprit energy partnered with Francesco Aquilini" All with local support as well they are challenging the north coast tanker ban  . alta gas's propane facility well under way Ridley island. no denying your knowledge of oil and gas ,but your quote was a little hasty.....

maxresdefault.jpg

I really hope they start posting jobs for LNG soon, I wouldn't mind grabbing a camp job if they got them there.

Just now, chon derry said:

do you live in the north?

Nope Fraser Valley.  Wish I had grabbed a Heavy Equipment Operator job at Site C with my buddy but didn't so I keep googling and looking at LNG now to see if they got camp jobs 

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Nope Fraser Valley.  Wish I had grabbed a Heavy Equipment Operator job at Site C with my buddy but didn't so I keep googling and looking at LNG now to see if they got camp jobs 

10322462.jpgthis was the KMP  (kitamat modernization project) rio tinto alcan  Camp 3 yrs ago  part of it is still there waiting for   LNG CANADA to get into high gear in the spring,  kitamat has a knack for doing things in a big way , for such a small place . that camp had 4,000 men , the police did a lock down and found 3 of canada,s top 10 most wanted lol.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chon derry said:

10322462.jpgthis was the KMP  (kitamat modernization project) rio tinto alcan  Camp 3 yrs ago  part of it is still there waiting for   LNG CANADA to get into high gear in the spring,  kitamat has a knack for doing things in a big way , for such a small place . that camp had 4,000 men , the police did a lock down and found 3 of canada,s top 10 most wanted lol.

Wow what are the chances they were all chilling there.  Well I hope they get things in gear in the spring and I am able to grab a job, would be nice to cash in for a few years to pay off the house, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Wow what are the chances they were all chilling there.  Well I hope they get things in gear in the spring and I am able to grab a job, would be nice to cash in for a few years to pay off the house, etc.

ruperts going pretty good right now with the new ish container port ,coming into its 3rd expansion phase  and still a few oil and gas proposals yet to be finalized  they'll be a fair bit of work between Rupert and kitamat in the near future.

21 minutes ago, chon derry said:

That's nothing.

Wapasu Creek Lodge features 5,174 standard and deluxe rooms, equipped with Internet and cable TV. Daily housekeeping, three meals per day and full access to fitness and recreation facilities make working away from home healthier and more productive. A Tim Horton’s and a convenience store are also situation onsite to bring the comforts of home to you. Located 47 km east of Hwy 63, Km 42 on Canterra Road. Located 47 km east of Hwy 63, Km 42 on Canterra Road.

7299021808_6df79c0dca_h.jpg

40 minutes ago, Russ said:

How busy is site c?its looking like i will have to travel for work or take alot less.

4 minutes ago, Violator said:

How busy is site c?its looking like i will have to travel for work or take alot less.

My couple buddies say tons are going on up there, I haven't asked for pictures of construction or anything for ages.  What you do for work that you are looking up there?  Yea not high paying jobs down here, all the money is up north which sucks because it would mean being away from the family :(

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's nothing.

Wapasu Creek Lodge features 5,174 standard and deluxe rooms, equipped with Internet and cable TV. Daily housekeeping, three meals per day and full access to fitness and recreation facilities make working away from home healthier and more productive. A Tim Horton’s and a convenience store are also situation onsite to bring the comforts of home to you. Located 47 km east of Hwy 63, Km 42 on Canterra Road. Located 47 km east of Hwy 63, Km 42 on Canterra Road.

7299021808_6df79c0dca_h.jpg

ya but did it one of these ? since the camp wasn't big enough they brought this in …::Dcropcruisesm.jpg

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Russ said:

My couple buddies say tons are going on up there, I haven't asked for pictures of construction or anything for ages.  What you do for work that you are looking up there?  Yea not high paying jobs down here, all the money is up north which sucks because it would mean being away from the family :(

Third year pipe-fitter.gotta make money though 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Toews said:

I can't believe nobody has asked where is Trudeau in all of this? That good for nothing lout is probably out gallivanting on some billionaire's island wearing Indian clothing giving 10M to terrorists. 

That family trip is booked for February.

right now they are learning to surf at Haida gwaii.

• 2 weeks later...

Trans Mountain pipeline review must look at impact on global health emergency of climate change

The NEB assessment only considered an oil-spill scenario set far from population centres, despite the hazards of a seven-fold increase in tankers through Vancouver's busy harbour.

The letter calls for study into the health impacts of a severe spill in this metropolitan area. It should, for example, consider a large tanker spill close to shore and under poor air quality and high temperature conditions, prominent over the past several summers.

A major obstacle going forward: the government of Canada is now the owner of the pipelineand has a clear conflict of interest in judging any negative impacts of the project. The government seems focused on protecting its multi-billion dollar investment.

For this reason, the health impacts assessment for the pipeline must be completely independent.

The Letter to the PM

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14Vvx5lcYAvJURhJCTf-VrNlJcWJmrBpC1zMin03CNz4/edit

MORE HERE

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/opinion-climate-change-health-emergency-1.4871327

Edited by Mackcanuck