Victor Mete small.png - Julius Honka small.png

Christian Wolanin small.png - Connor Carrick small.png

Devan Dubnyk small.png

x

Cap Hit: $74.955m

Average Age: 26.0

1405_san_jose_barracuda_-wordmark-2016.png

Mikey Anderson small.png

Really like the Keith pickup where you got him. I expect a bounce back year from him.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Really like the Keith pickup where you got him. I expect a bounce back year from him.

I was certainly scared off a bit by the term and NMC, but his AAV is easy to stomach in relation to how much he plays and where. Hopefully CHI turns it around a bit. 

pit_comp.gif

Anthony Beauvillier - Alexander Barkov - Jakub Voracek
Kevin Fiala - JT Miller - Ryan Spooner

Adrian Kempe - Vladislav Namestnikov - Joel Armia

Blake Comeau - Vladislav Kamenev - John Hayden

Ryan Suter - Erik Johnson 
Brady Skjei - Alex Edler

Gustav Forsling - Adam Pelech

Paul Ladue

Sergei Bobrovsky

Keith Kinkaid

73.637/79.5M

@Monty @Mike Vanderhoek @D-Money @Canuck Surfer pls validate me and my choices

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Caboose said:

pit_comp.gif

Anthony Beauvillier - Alexander Barkov - Jakub Voracek
Kevin Fiala - JT Miller - Ryan Spooner

Adrian Kempe - Vladislav Namestnikov - Joel Armia

Blake Comeau - Vladislav Kamenev - John Hayden

Ryan Suter - Erik Johnson 
Brady Skjei - Alex Edler

Gustav Forsling - Adam Pelech

Paul Ladue

Sergei Bobrovsky

Keith Kinkaid

73.637/79.5M

@Monty @Mike Vanderhoek @D-Money @Canuck Surfer pls validate me and my choices

I like that you can ice an NHL roster so that shoots you up the projection list in my books.

Armia a bit of a risk and Comeau I like but would have went someone else. Overall good offensive producers who are you upfront.

I think you have a top tier defense, but then you added LaDue, not sure on him and have a feeling Forsling may not produce as hoped. That said Skjei should have a bounceback year and get you points.

Goaltending is top notch!

Maybe a few pieces that will produce but may not get into Playoffs but I did the same think Petry.

Concerned about your prospect pool :P

• Upvote 1

IMO there can be a bit too much emphasis on playoff bound teams. Only in the sense that a 4th liner on say, the Capitals, is no where near as valuable as a middle six player on say, the islanders to keep it to the same division. You are going to reap much better rewards from the middle six islander but you might see a point in the first round from the capital. I guess it comes down to how well each GM judges the balance point or rather tipping point of each set of value. YOu gotta get into the dance before you can be crowned Prom Queen. I do think I didnt put quite enough english on the teams chances of making the playoffs, but it was part of the process for each pick, I think I weighted it slightly lower than some. Also on prospects...its an interesting approach to aim to be great in 3 years, and not at all a bad idea, i find it an interesting strat, but one that complicates things for a balanced approach GM in that prospects are dissapearing which sort of bends things towards more prospects as people don't want to miss out of depth for the next few years on their squads...all valid approaches and skilled GM's likely adapted their approaches as time marched along the draft....I know I am having a blast doing this and trying to do it well. Enjoy a monday Holiday everyone!

• Cheers 1

Winnipeg Jets updated roster!

Josh Bailey - Nick Foligno - David Pastrnak

Patrick Maroon - Noel Acciari - Oliver Bjorkstrand

Blake Coleman - Jack Roslovic - Alex Debrincat

Anders Bjork - XXX - Artturi Lehkonen

Dion Phaneuf - Zach Werenski

Torey Krug - Jake Gardiner

Troy Stecher - Ethan Bear

Mikko Koskinen

Rookies : Timothy Liljegren, Michael McLeod, Sam Steel, Warren Foegele.

Any or all of those rookies *might* play this year. Obviously my largest hole is in net. I won't have a starter. I like the number of probably playoff players that I have though...

• Upvote 1

Minnesota Wild Updated Roster (after every bloody pick):

Andreas Johnsson - Kyle Turris - Viktor Arvidsson

Austin Watson

Victor Hedman - Jacob Trouba

Miro Heiskanen - Ryan Pulock

Ian Cole - Tucker Poolman

Evan Bouchard

Philipp Grubauer 

Joonas Korpisalo 

Prospects:

Jake Wise

Klim Kostin

Dante Fabbro

Louis Belpedio

Shane Bowers

Phillipe Myers

Mathieu Joseph

Alex Barre-Boulet

Jay O’Brien

• Upvote 3

mon.png Montreal Canadiens mon.png

small.png Craig Smith (4.25m) - small.png William Karlsson (5.25m) - small.png Nick Bjugstad (4.1m)

small.png Jake DeBrusk (1.288m) - small.png Patrick Marleau (6.25m) - small.png Jakub Vrana (1.363m)

small.png Jimmy Vesey (2.275m) - small.png Lars Eller (3.5m) - small.png Riley Nash (2.75m)

small.png Nick Ritchie (RFA) - small.png Scott Laughton (962,500k) - small.png Trevor Lewis (2.0m)

small.png Chandler Stephenson (650k)

small.png Roman Josi (4.0m) - small.png Aaron Ekblad (7.5m)

small.png Olli Maatta (4.083,333m) - small.png Jeff Petry (5.5m)

small.png Jan Rutta (2.3m) - small.png Matt Niskanen (5.75m)

small.png Matt Grzelcyk (1.4m) - small.png Kyle Capobianco (894,166k)

small.png Braden Holtby (6.1m)

small.png Ilya Samsonov (1.475m)

Todays Caphit: $ 73,640,999m

Cap Space: $ 5,859,001m

Thoughts anyone ?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Monty said:

Minnesota Wild Updated Roster (after every bloody pick):

Andreas Johnsson - Kyle Turris - Viktor Arvidsson

Austin Watson

Victor Hedman - Jacob Trouba

Miro Heiskanen - Ryan Pulock

Ian Cole - Tucker Poolman

Evan Bouchard

Philipp Grubauer 

Joonas Korpisalo 

Prospects:

Jake Wise

Klim Kostin

Dante Fabbro

Louis Belpedio

Shane Bowers

Phillipe Myers

Mathieu Joseph

Alex Barre-Boulet

Jay O’Brien

I like a lot of pieces but I struggle to make sense of the gameplan for Minnesota. I mean ok half a dozen excellent prospects and a very good top pair on defense. There is some gems or a memo I do not know about coming down the line ?

Grubauer could take the starters job in Colorado so that could work out.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

small.png Craig Smith (4.25m) - small.png William Karlsson (5.25m) - small.png Nick Bjugstad (4.1m)

small.png Jake DeBrusk (1.288m) - small.png Patrick Marleau (6.25m) - small.png Jakub Vrana (1.363m)

small.png Jimmy Vesey (2.275m) - small.png Lars Eller (3.5m) - small.png Riley Nash (2.75m)

small.png Nick Ritchie (RFA) - small.png Scott Laughton (962,500k) - small.png Trevor Lewis (2.0m)

Thoughts anyone ?

I can see the entire roster making the playoffs except Petry and Vesey. You'll pretty deep with that roster.

And a top 10 team. Good work!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thoughts anyone ?

Goaltending and defense are going to be set for awhile. Josi probably had the best bang for buck contract among Dmen and I thought Ekblad showed maturity last year so you should be excited about that top pairing. I really like the Grzlecyk pick when it was made (he was going to be my next pick at the time) and think he will be a pleasant surprise. If Boston continues to place trust in him and use him on the PP, I think you have young 30+ point Dmen on your hands.

My concerns lie with your forward group. Other than Wild Bill, there aren't really any high end producers. I think your playoff hopes will depend on whether or not Wild Bill can sustain 60+ point production, Debrusk takes his game to the next level, Vrana is given a chance to shine, and Ritchie decides to be less of a meat head and more of scorer (which he is capable of when he actually tries to). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I like a lot of pieces but I struggle to make sense of the gameplan for Minnesota. I mean ok half a dozen excellent prospects and a very good top pair on defense. There is some gems or a memo I do not know about coming down the line ?

Grubauer could take the starters job in Colorado so that could work out.

There’s a method to our madness.

It’s not to win.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Goaltending and defense are going to be set for awhile. Josi probably had the best bang for buck contract among Dmen and I thought Ekblad showed maturity last year so you should be excited about that top pairing. I really like the Grzlecyk pick when it was made (he was going to be my next pick at the time) and think he will be a pleasant surprise. If Boston continues to place trust in him and use him on the PP, I think you have young 30+ point Dmen on your hands.

My concerns lie with your forward group. Other than Wild Bill, there aren't really any high end producers. I think your playoff hopes will depend on whether or not Wild Bill can sustain 60+ point production, Debrusk takes his game to the next level, Vrana is given a chance to shine, and Ritchie decides to be less of a meat head and more of scorer (which he is capable of when he actually tries to). 

Going to have to rely on my depth to produce. In fairness with the team almost assembled to this point only the Lightning scored more goals last year than the totals from my roster so I think offense should be ok.

Ritchie is a risk if not concern but this is his year to make it known the kind of player he will be.

Expecting guys like Laughton to up his numbers, Vesey to hit 20 goals. Petry being the go to guy in MTL on defense should help. I think Rutta could be a producer.

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Going to have to rely on my depth to produce. In fairness with the team almost assembled to this point only the Lightning scored more goals last year than the totals from my roster so I think offense should be ok.

Ritchie is a risk if not concern but this is his year to make it known the kind of player he will be.

Expecting guys like Laughton to up his numbers, Vesey to hit 20 goals. Petry being the go to guy in MTL on defense should help. I think Rutta could be a producer.

Upon second look of all the rosters, I didn't realize how many GMs placed an emphasis on youth and development. With your entire roster other than Samsonov already cementing their spots as NHLers, I think you certainly going to make the playoffs. How far is the million dollar question ;)

On 8/4/2018 at 8:33 PM, _arby_18 said:

5e607400e221597a2c96e99b5d3e8947.jpg

Johnny Gaudreau small.png - Sean Couturier small.png - Cam Atkinson small.png

Alex Ovechkin (C) small.png - Mikko Koivu (A) small.png - Kyle Okposo small.png

Jordan Greenway small.png - Tyson Jost small.png - Alex Tuch small.png

Victor Ejdsell small.png - Mark Jankowski small.png - Michael Amadio small.png

x

Duncan Keith (A) small.png - Jason Demers small.png

Cam Fowler small.png - Travis Hamonic small.png

Victor Mete small.png - Julius Honka small.png

Christian Wolanin small.png - Connor Carrick small.png

Devan Dubnyk small.png

x

Cap Hit: $74.955m

Average Age: 26.0

1405_san_jose_barracuda_-wordmark-2016.png

Mikey Anderson small.png

My thoughts on my drafting were two-fold:

1) Make the playoffs right away - I feel that I have a pretty solid group of performers here, regular-season wise. If healthy, I feel that this roster should be in the mix for a playoff spot in the West at this time. May have some issues when the playoffs start, but then again, maybe not? I loaded up on Stars players in another league last year only to see them flop. I've gone a little heavy on CGY and MIN. They could be okay. 

2) Have my prospects play this year - With so many teams striving for 2-4 years down the road, I felt that the only way to be competitive this year while also in the future is to have my "prospects" be guys ready to play. My top-6, top-4 and starting goalie are veterans who'll be UFA in 2-4 years, but my bottom-six and bottom-4 are all kids who should step in this year and play but also be around for the long-term. I'm especially pleased with my 3rd-line of Greenway-Jost-Tuch. Mete-Honka intrigue me too. 

3. Mine some gems in the late rounds - This of course is a pipe-dream that is still alive at this point, but Mikey Anderson is a pretty solid start to my prospect base IMO. I also have a list built that has only seen one name come off of it in the last 20 picks, so maybe there's some more to be found as we keep going. 

Edited by _arby_18
  • Like 1