The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So do you want Horvat to captain this team, or do you want to draft a generational player?

tas

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Almost wanna see it happen so @189lb enforcers? would finally snap with his ancient Euros can't be captains rhetoric. :lol:

Wrong guy, my friend. That’s not me. 

Chara

*Forsberg

Koivu 

Sundin

These are among my favourite players, as were Selanne and guys like the Stastny brothers. 

Can anyone, including yourself, back-up your slanderous claim that I think Euros can’t be captains? 

I’ve never said that, ever. 

The only thing I hope to be remembered for on here is my love for Canadian-style hockey, which is pretty much exactly the brand of playoff-hockey.

EP looks to bring a game similar to Selanne or Bure. Awesome. 

Horvat is a born captain. 

He’s been one at every level for that reason, EP hasn’t. 

Horvat will have the C as soon as next September. If not, the next. This is getting ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Wrong guy, my friend. That’s not me. 

Chara

*Forsberg

Koivu 

Sundin

These are among my favourite players, as were Selanne and guys like the Stastny brothers. 

Can anyone, including yourself, back-up your slanderous claim that I think Euros can’t be captains? 

I’ve never said that, ever. 

The only thing I hope to be remembered for on here is my love for Canadian-style hockey, which is pretty much exactly the brand of playoff-hockey.

EP looks to bring a game similar to Selanne or Bure. Awesome. 

Horvat is a born captain. 

He’s been one at every level for that reason, EP hasn’t. 

Horvat will have the C as soon as next September. If not, the next. This is getting ridiculous. 

My mistake just Sedin/Naslund hater sorry. 

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

My mistake just Sedin/Naslund hater sorry. 

Woah I think that is going a little far.  189lbs likes hard nosed Canadian hockey, that much is obvious, and there is nothing wrong with that.  Don Cherry does too, and his entire career he's been hard on the idea of fringe Euros playing in the league because there are thousands of Candian hockey players that can fill that role (score twenty to thirty points).

It doesn't mean he hates anyone, but it does mean he's a patriot.  

Personally I was never a fan of Naslund for Captain, Jovonoski or even Bertuzzi would have been better choices, he was extremely even keeled which was nice, but his interviews were hard to watch, about as impassioned as an inanimate object, almost like he was depressed all the time.  

H.Sedin was fine though,  he never won the Lady Byng because he liked to let others know to leave him and his brother alone with his stick, check out how many slashing and hooking minors they took.  But everything else inspired this role, gentlemanly respect all around with a super high level of skill.  

That said after two decades of that type of leadership I'm also well past my due date for a new style of leadership that gets back to the roots of this club, Smyle and Linden....

Horvat for captain 100%

17 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Being happy the Sedin/Naslund Era is over = Hate.

:lol:

You’re a Millennial, right? 

Being a millenial has nothing to do with it, also the Sedins aren't soft players nor do they play a soft game. You don't have the ironman streaks that they had being soft players. Just because they're not fighters or get involved in post whistle scrums doesn't mean they're soft players. You're straight up ignorant if you think otherwise. 

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Being a millenial has nothing to do with it, also the Sedins aren't soft players nor do they play a soft game. You don't have the ironman streaks that they had being soft players. Just because they're not fighters or get involved in post whistle scrums doesn't mean they're soft players. You're straight up ignorant if you think otherwise. 

No, perhaps you’re ignorant for assuming as much and going so far as to personally attack me over it by labelling me a hater, simply because I am thrilled the Sedins are no longer on the roster. 

Hater, ignorant, ... anything else you want to smear me with?

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

No, perhaps you’re ignorant for assuming as much and going so far as to personally attack me over it by labelling me a hater, simply because I am thrilled the Sedins are no longer on the roster. 

Hater, ignorant, ... anything else you want to smear me with?

I call it like I see it and you earned it with the disrespect you showed on their retirement night. Don't play all innocent now. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I call it like I see it and you earned it with the disrespect you showed on their retirement night. Don't play all innocent now. 

Then allow me to do it again, and again and again, for you and for those who didn’t see my reaction to the news of their pending retirement:

266681EC-7C81-47FC-89F3-90E6A4F13FEC.gif.efa26c38f1fc001263c5ec42ac967590.gif

melting of snowflakes commencing in 3, 2, 1...

Dizruspect, alright. 

D46B489F-82B1-40A2-BC1A-B3EB72565FE7.gif.d6ed258ed06274586d417f9662e7ce26.gif

Best news since the 2017 draft, that was, and still is, for me as a fan. 

I am happy the twins are gone. 

Suck it up. 

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Then allow me to do it again, and again and again, for you and for those who didn’t see my reaction to the news of their pending retirement:

266681EC-7C81-47FC-89F3-90E6A4F13FEC.gif.efa26c38f1fc001263c5ec42ac967590.gif

melting of snowflakes commencing in 3, 2, 1...

Dizruspect, alright. 

D46B489F-82B1-40A2-BC1A-B3EB72565FE7.gif.d6ed258ed06274586d417f9662e7ce26.gif

Best news since the 2017 draft, that was, and still is, for me as a fan. 

I am happy the twins are gone. 

Suck it up. 

You call me a snowflake but you're the one whining about being called a hater and ignorant when you are in fact being both of those things lol.

I'm just going to agree to disagree with you and call it a day. 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You call me a snowflake but you're the one whining about being called a hater and ignorant when you are in fact being both of those things lol.

I'm just going to agree to disagree with you and call it a day. 

I didn’t call you a snowflake and I’m not whining about anything. This is awesome news for me.

No time for your negativity. 

27 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sedins had great internal (mental) toughness, so did Marcus.  We want players with mental toughness, and skill - the bigger the better.  Mental toughness is a must though.  If guys aren't mentally tough, they will quit when things get rough.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Sedins had great internal (mental) toughness, so did Marcus.  We want players with mental toughness, and skill - the bigger the better.  Mental toughness is a must though.  If guys aren't mentally tough, they will quit when things get rough.  

As in, Horvat. 

Things are looking up,

Just now, Alflives said:

I'm all for that too and mental toughness and skill was something the Sedins had and so did Naslund albeit to a lesser extent. 

I agree Bo should be our next captain too. I just think you can appreciate Bo as well as big skilled players without s***ing on the Sedins and their legacy. 

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm all for that too and mental toughness and skill was something the Sedins had and so did Naslund albeit to a lesser extent. 

I agree Bo should be our next captain too. I just think you can appreciate Bo as well as big skilled players without s***ing on the Sedins and their legacy. 

The problem, as I see it with the Twins and Marcus too, was they took too long to hit their ceilings, and (as a direct result) only lead that core to a couple seasons where we had legitimate cup chances.  I'm hoping our next leadership group reaches their ceiling a lot younger, so they can have several years at the top.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

The problem, as I see it with the Twins and Marcus too, was they took too long to hit their ceilings, and (as a direct result) only lead that core to a couple seasons where we had legitimate cup chances.  I'm hoping our next leadership group reaches their ceiling a lot younger, so they can have several years at the top.  

Could you imagine how things would have played out if the Sedins came out scoring 100 points as rookies like Crosby and Ovechkin?  The WCE would have needed a new name, no way any team could defend against that, Cloutier would have been enough, and we'd have had at least two parades already, if not three or four...

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Woah I think that is going a little far.  189lbs likes hard nosed Canadian hockey, that much is obvious, and there is nothing wrong with that.  Don Cherry does too, and his entire career he's been hard on the idea of fringe Euros playing in the league because there are thousands of Candian hockey players that can fill that role (score twenty to thirty points).

It doesn't mean he hates anyone, but it does mean he's a patriot.  

Personally I was never a fan of Naslund for Captain, Jovonoski or even Bertuzzi would have been better choices, he was extremely even keeled which was nice, but his interviews were hard to watch, about as impassioned as an inanimate object, almost like he was depressed all the time.  

H.Sedin was fine though,  he never won the Lady Byng because he liked to let others know to leave him and his brother alone with his stick, check out how many slashing and hooking minors they took.  But everything else inspired this role, gentlemanly respect all around with a super high level of skill.  

That said after two decades of that type of leadership I'm also well past my due date for a new style of leadership that gets back to the roots of this club, Smyle and Linden....

Horvat for captain 100%

I agree with you on pretty much all of this, except that to my eyes Henrik (and Daniel) were mostly racking up hooking penalties around center ice and the offensive blueline as they scrambled back to defend after turnovers, as opposed to "giving the opponents lumber" to teach them a lesson.

Archived