The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Draft 2019 - Tickets

Rate this topic

jobird

I looked up this year's draft for reference.  They didn't make any announcement about tickets until last month, and those were just for season's ticket holders.  Maybe they have to wait and see how many players and their families will attend before releasing tickets?

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/dallas-stars-national-hockey-league-announce-2018-nhl-draft-logo/c-296533762

Hopefully Vancouver and the NHL will recognize how crazy this market is and release info sooner.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

I was at the last draft in Vancouver and although I don't remember the exact details, tickets were ~$20 and I don't think it was sold out.

I wouldn't fret too much about not being able to get tickets.

If anything, it'll most likely be set up like it would normally be for a concert for the floor and probably limit the amount of sections available for upper bowl... Lower bowl will be packed for sure although I'm not certain if tickets to the NHL draft will be a hot commodity in a fair weather market like Vancouver.

I don't even think Minnesota sold out when they hosted IIRC

I think it would be an interesting experience to attend, but it's so dragged out on TV, I can't really imagine how boring it would be to see in person (other than the Canucks pick and booing Bettman). I highly doubt it'll be sold out.

• Thanks 1

I would love to go.  I am very heavily contemplating it.  I'm just curious if the coverage will be as good as on tv.  Do we get to see highlight videos of the players? is sportsnet 650 going to do a live radio broadcast?  tsn 1040 did not do last summers no coverage. I like watching it on tv. then flipping to the radio after their done the coverage of our pick in the 1st round.  2nd day I just enjoy watching the picks and waiting :D

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Do we know if seating is assigned or first come first serve?  I'm thinking if it's first come first serve we should all get together and watch it live. Make some CDC shirts and celebrate lol

I’d pay to meet a few of our posters in person, but not at a Draft. 

• Wat 1

I agree that the pace is going to be quite slow potentially.  You don't get the panels like on tv (I assume) so maybe have to listen to 1040 on your phone while you're there lol.  I think once the round starts it'll be cool to see.  Obviously have to be interested in prospects.  I hope Benning loads up on picks for the home town draft.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jobird said:

I agree that the pace is going to be quite slow potentially.  You don't get the panels like on tv (I assume) so maybe have to listen to 1040 on your phone while you're there lol.  I think once the round starts it'll be cool to see.  Obviously have to be interested in prospects.  I hope Benning loads up on picks for the home town draft.  

There is a possibility of some big trades being made there too.  I imagine the Canucks will do something to jazz it up for live fans.  Maybe some players will be signing autographs.     

I called my Canucks rep last week and they don't have ticket information yet but he agreed with me that STH would likely get first shot at tickets when they do go on sale.  I don't expect it to be expensive or a hard ticket to get but I would like to be in the lower bowl for it.

10 minutes ago, thepress83 said:

I called my Canucks rep last week and they don't have ticket information yet but he agreed with me that STH would likely get first shot at tickets when they do go on sale.  I don't expect it to be expensive or a hard ticket to get but I would like to be in the lower bowl for it.

I feel ya. Lower Bowl would be amazing. Do we know how they arrange the seating?  I know GMs are on the floor and players front / center in the lower bowls me thinks. 

Perhaps side view in the lower bowl is open? I'm not sure. Anyone been to one before and know what seats are available to fans?

16 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I feel ya. Lower Bowl would be amazing. Do we know how they arrange the seating?  I know GMs are on the floor and players front / center in the lower bowls me thinks. 

Perhaps side view in the lower bowl is open? I'm not sure. Anyone been to one before and know what seats are available to fans?

When I went to the draft last year in Chicago, it was pretty much open seating. All the tickets are the same price so just first come first serve.

Not sure how the Nucks are gonna do it though.

In 2006 I got to sit in the lower bowl in the corners.  Can't remember if it was assigned seating, as I couldn't find the ticket stub, which I collect if it's not PDF.  Also, couldn't remember if the upper bowl was open.  I looked back on my accounting and I bought 4 tickets for $29.50.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...