The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wahlstrom at lucky #7

Alcoblue24

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Ehlers has just as many goals in this years playoffs as Virtanen does (or is that vice-versa).   MT is one slew foot away from licking people next.

Horvat deserves better than you have suggested.

Lol MT scored 24 goals and 49 points in 68 games this year. Ehlers has scored 60 and 64 points the past 2 seasons and is one of the most prolific skaters in the game. Every damn team in the league would love to have them.

1 hour ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Lol MT scored 24 goals and 49 points in 68 games this year. Ehlers has scored 60 and 64 points the past 2 seasons and is one of the most prolific skaters in the game. Every damn team in the league would love to have them.

There is still a chance that OJ and Jake reaches their (Ehlers, MT's) status and point totals (OJ could get 40-45 pts as a dman).

It is hard to watch because you know MT and Ehlers are also going to get better.

We will see...I hope OJ and Jake start to produce as expected.

1 hour ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Not true about the love for MT and for regular season, yes every team would love Ehlers.   

Bo still deserves better IMHO, you disagree...that’s ok.   

13 minutes ago, Pete M said:

There is still a chance that OJ and Jake reaches their (Ehlers, MT's) status and point totals (OJ could get 40-45 pts as a dman).

It is hard to watch because you know MT and Ehlers are also going to get better.

There is a lot more to hockey than points. It is a team game, perhaps the ultimate team game, and you need players that have roles and can work together.   This fixation on point comparison is so far removed with a team concept.   

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

There is a lot more to hockey than points. It is a team game, perhaps the ultimate team game, and you need players that have roles and can work together.   This fixation on point comparison is so far removed with a team concept.   

I guess you haven't watched Calgary play to see how much MT makes players playing on his line even better...he is a smart hockey player that the Canucks passed on.

He is big, gritty and competes when the going gets tough...the Flames have him on the ice in the last minute of many games when they need a goal. Why? because he is a good hockey player. A player that you do not like.

I know you think he is a PoS, but that is fluff, and only opinion based...there is no substance to it at all.

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

I think we'll see that start to happen now that the Sedins are gone.

Me too, we all saw what a depleted roster did at the end of the year when they had something to play for in the Sedins send off, and yes we also saw glimpses of their greatness which was motivating, Green knows now that the team is capable of rallying if they have purpose, to that is what he needs to find and squeeze out of the roster if the teams successful next year.

Personally I'm hoping for entertaining games with more goals scored both ways, but another down year so we can pick top five one more time....

46 minutes ago, Pete M said:

If OJ can get 40-50 points in this league Benning made a great decision on passing MT, and eventually in his prime it's entirely possible. 

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

If OJ can get 40-50 points in this league Benning made a great decision on passing MT, and eventually in his prime it's entirely possible. 

We will see how OJ does...MT has already proven that he is a top line NHLer and/or top 6. 

Hard guy to pass on...no matter how you look at it.

29 minutes ago, Pete M said:

We will see how OJ does...MT has already proven that he is a top line NHLer and/or top 6. 

Hard guy to pass on...no matter how you look at it.

Absolutely, I was upset when CLB drafted PLD ahead of us, then estactic when MT was passed on given he was supposed to better than PLD who I thought we were getting from the beginning and was stoked about...then OJ...the remote almost went through the TV.  

Still miffed about it but ok with waiting to see how things turn out...

2 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Mr. Dahlin

Dahlin won't be the best this year. ask any scout. his game is not yet suited to the NHL ala headmen. # years he may be. Or it may be Bovqist. How many 1sts with his hype have busted in the last 20 years? Oh yeah forgot you tankers have time machines. Please read scouting reports before you post stuff that people will just piggyback. my Uncle is a scout in Sweden. Said point blank prepare for 2-3 years of a lot of people calling him the next White. Now once he figures out that end to end rushes don't work in the NHL on every single play maybe he will live up to the Hype. 

Sorry going to take my uncles report over yours any day. As a pro-tanker yo have no biz being a Canucks fan

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I guess you haven't watched Calgary play to see how much MT makes players playing on his line even better...he is a smart hockey player that the Canucks passed on.

He is big, gritty and competes when the going gets tough...the Flames have him on the ice in the last minute of many games when they need a goal. Why? because he is a good hockey player. A player that you do not like.

I know you think he is a PoS, but that is fluff, and only opinion based...there is no substance to it at all.

I have watched him plenty.   Saw all his junior career as well.   Will never agree with anyone that a team wants this POS.  He is an incredibly talented player, I will agree with that.    

I don't agree that is fluff, I have first hand POS evidence to go with all the very public displays he had made at both CHL and NHL levels.   Where I do speculate is what impact he has in the room - but having played with a few POS types in my own day, can say they divide a room in very many ways and some of the most talented teams I played for had the least success and every possible change was made until the POS was removed and, voila, even though that talent was gone the team success improved overnight.

I stand my prediction that he will Sean Avery out of this league long before some of his peer draft class are 1/2 way through their own careers.   

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I have watched him plenty.   Saw all his junior career as well.   Will never agree with anyone that a team wants this POS.  He is an incredibly talented player, I will agree with that.    

I don't agree that is fluff, I have first hand POS evidence to go with all the very public displays he had made at both CHL and NHL levels.   Where I do speculate is what impact he has in the room - but having played with a few POS types in my own day, can say they divide a room in very many ways and some of the most talented teams I played for had the least success and every possible change was made until the POS was removed and, voila, even though that talent was gone the team success improved overnight.

I stand my prediction that he will Sean Avery out of this league long before some of his peer draft class are 1/2 way through their own careers.   

We can agree to disagree...and you can tell me "I told you so when it happens" (if it happens...lol).

1 hour ago, gurn said:

So an uncle that is a scout, and a cousin that is a moderator, have any other relatives you want us to know about?

My dad's in the KGB \. Get a life dude some Families have what is called drive. They work hard and pay their dues. In my uncle's case, he was born and raised in Sweden. Sadly he lost the use of his right arm. so instead of playing hockey, he started scouting for his local team. Hey, he was just diagnosed with a brain tumour feel like mocl\king him for that as well? Judging by your name I'm going to assume like all my friends your a spoiled little boy who has life handed to him on a silver platter while his parents work 20 hours a day  Sorry sad but true. As for my cuz say something bad about me ill introduce your ass

Sorry didn't know tank boy couldn't fight his own battles. How lonh\g you guys been dating?

23 minutes ago, Pete M said:

We can agree to disagree...and you can tell me "I told you so when it happens" (if it happens...lol).

26 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Put MT on the 4th line like jake with plugs. Let's see if scores 24 goals when he has guys like Archie or Gaunce or worse as linemates. Put jake on the flames to line I guarantee you were not even talking about Mt Until OJ either becomes a top2-3 we might as well end this debate. Guys like MY are a dime a dozen  Kane) Solid top end D are almost never available and when they are they cost an arm and a leg. 

Everyone talks about how good serg did. His stats were terrible all year on d. and\\And the last half of the season his points dipped in half. Plus his analytics were terrible. Put him on Van and OJ on TB and I bet we would all be talking how JB should have taken Serg. Has JB let us down yet in drafting? So how about lets trust hu\is pick who was fantastic this year. Cheers  Ps baer was on pace for 20goals 30 assists on the worst offensive team. Did MT really do anything all that special given his ice time and linemates?

Archived