The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

I understand both @D-Money and commissioners. To me Gurianov value went down since drafted (also already 4 years ago!). Mitchell put up 57 points in NCAA and he turned 20 just some months ago, impressive for a defender. As explained by commissioners I totally understand these are still prospects and it is not easy to project their future, put value on them and decide for or against trades. So I respect their decision with GMs having responsibility for projecting and just have my opinsimilarion to D-Money´s.

Funny memory. I had one trade vetoed. I wanted to acquire Datsyuk for Stephens (drafted 33 OA in RL)+ in what seemed to be Pavel´s last season. I was told the trade is favouring my team. I was kinda shocked but funny that it felt somehow good that people though I was going for a good trade. Datsyuk left the league just months later with Stephens still being a fine prospect (his career is little slowed by injuries). I am very happy the trade did no go through coz I would regret it. :)

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, pmalina said:

opinsimilarion

Is this how new words are made? I read this without even flinching. I like it.

43 minutes ago, pmalina said:

Funny memory. I had one trade vetoed. I wanted to acquire Datsyuk for Stephens (drafted 33 OA in RL)+ in what seemed to be Pavel´s last season. I was told the trade is favouring my team. I was kinda shocked but funny that it felt somehow good that people though I was going for a good trade. Datsyuk left the league just months later with Stephens still being a fine prospect (his career is little slowed by injuries). I am very happy the trade did no go through coz I would regret it. :)

I had my very first trade Veto’d... it was with SV too :lol:.

E. Karlsson, Komarov, Janmark and a conditional 2nd (plus a S**** ton of retention) for Juolevi, Tuch, a few lower prospects and a 1st (15 ish OV).

I can see why it was Veto’d (retention and conditional 2nd), though I still would have preferred that deal over the one I eventually got for Karlsson. (Karlsson, Komarov for Barzal, Fleury, 30 OA and Abdekader). Much lower pick, better D prospect and didn’t have to take on Abdekader. Barzal and Tuch is a wash Fantasy wise. Janmark hasn’t produced much at all, and Komarov was gone in both deals.

edit: and two of the commissioners at the time @Master Mind and the captain both had offers for Karlsson that were worse than what was Veto’d. So what is a guy to do?

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Salter said:

Our job for vetoing trades is to cancel outrageous/super one sided deals that could never happen IRL...

On 5/23/2019 at 10:44 PM, Master Mind said:

nYRkjNs.png

The decision:

small.png  To CHI: Tyson Barrie, Brayden Schenn, Olivier Rodrigue

small.png  To DET: 1st Overall Pick

:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

:rolleyes:

#1 ranked goalie prospect from the draft last year, top forward who’s in the Stanley cup finals, top defender on a young playoff team. Kakko will *hopefully* get 5fp/g if he reaches expectations. Hopefully more of course but IMO Kakko/Hughes are above hischier/Patrick and below Matthews/laine

Edit: and those pieces are going to a team who is in their Stanley cup window, where Kakko/Hughes won’t provide them any playoff points or top tier talent within that window

Edited by Salter
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Salter said:

#1 ranked goalie prospect from the draft last year, top forward who’s in the Stanley cup finals, top defender on a young playoff team. Kakko will *hopefully* get 5fp/g if he reaches expectations. Hopefully more of course but IMO Kakko/Hughes are above hischier/Patrick and below Matthews/laine

Edit: and those pieces are going to a team who is in their Stanley cup window, where Kakko/Hughes won’t provide them any playoff points or top tier talent within that window

What is this, a trade negotiation?

Fun fact: Brandon Tanev scored more fantasy points last year than Barrie and Schenn. 

• Upvote 1

Boston would like to congratulate prospect Jacob Lauko, who will challenge as our top C prospect next year. Lauko lead the Rouyn Noranda Huskies to the Memorial Cup Championship & was the tourney's top scorer! 

Maybe he'll get the dream Black Ace call up to play in the Stanley Cup finals?  He almost made the Bruins out of camp...

https://nesn.com/2019/05/bruins-prospect-jakub-lauko-leads-qmjhl-club-to-memorial-cup-title/

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20175256?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1132818867565277185&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnesn.com%2F2019%2F05%2Fbruins-prospect-jakub-lauko-leads-qmjhl-club-to-memorial-cup-title%2F

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Chicago has made 2 big moves waiting for to be announced. 

after it has been announced, Chicago will stay pat and wait for the 2019/2020 season to begin. 

4 trades coming through tonight! see you then! 

• Upvote 1