To OTT: Sheldon Dries, Cody Eakin, 2020 MIN 2nd

To PIT: Kristian Vesalainen, Denis Gurianov 

@Azzy @cunningham19

14 hours ago, Salter said:

nYRkjNs.png&key=cd50cf02e8e516afa713d329

To OTT: Barclay Goodrow, Dan Girardi, 2021 CBJ 5th

To CBJ: Patric Hornqvist (50% retained in 2019/20), Mark Barberio

@Azzy @D-Money

The Ottawa Senators have begun the newest phase of their long-term plan to regain relevancy in CDC Puck, with three trades made to improve their draft pick stock. 

All of the players who have arrived in Ottawa through these trades are available for subsequent trades, with the exception of Barclay Goodrow.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

sItG4ev.png

small.png Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 6 years, $7.25m

small.png Tomas Nosek - 3 years, $2m

small.png Brandon Carlo - 2 years, $2.5m

small.png Miles Wood - 2 years, $2.75m

small.png Austin Cangelosi - 1 year, $800k

small.png Nic Kerdiles - 1 year, $1m

small.png Braden Tracey - 3 years, $800k

small.png Kaedan Korczak - 3 years, $700k

small.png Boone Jenner - 3 years, $4.1m

small.png Adam Mascherin - 3 years, $825k

small.png Danny O'Regan - 2 years, $1m

small.png Oskar Lindblom - 2 years, $1.75m

small.png Jake McCabe - 2 years, $3.1m

small.png Connor Murphy - 2 years, $4m

small.png Matthew Peca - 2 years, $1m

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, D-Money said:

Hornqvist has either started a major regression, or last season was just a blip. I'm hoping that his impressive showing at the World Championships indicate that it was the latter. 

Thanks to @Azzy for the negotiations... (...but even still, I can't quite figure out why a rebuilding team would trade their top prospect (Vesalainen) for a mixed bag.)

Genuinely, I don't rate Vesa that much. Particularly in Puck, where he's not going to score much playing soft bottom six minutes with the Jets.

12 hours ago, maroe said:

Could you also fix Newhook's contract? I think it should be unsigned 2021 instead of 2019! Thanks so much!!

Same here - Matthew Robertson should be 2021 not 2020.

I also don't appear to have Semyon Chistyakov on my books at all.

@Jaku

4 minutes ago, Azzy said:

Genuinely, I don't rate Vesa that much. Particularly in Puck, where he's not going to score much playing soft bottom six minutes with the Jets.

Fair enough.

I get what you mean though - William Carrier had 9 scorer points last year, and he's an absolute beast in this league.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Azzy said:

Same here - Matthew Robertson should be 2021 not 2020.

I also don't appear to have Semyon Chistyakov on my books at all.

@Jaku

@maroe as well - Chistyakov, as well as others, I had to request be added to Fantrax a couple days ago, so it should all be taken care of now. The players that couldn't be added will have placeholders on their respective teams. (edit: nix this, they haven't been added yet)

If one of the other commissioners doesn't beat me to it, I'll change the expiry dates when I'm home in an hour or so.

Edited by thejazz97

1 hour ago, thejazz97 said:

@maroe as well - Chistyakov, as well as others, I had to request be added to Fantrax a couple days ago, so it should all be taken care of now. The players that couldn't be added will have placeholders on their respective teams.

If one of the other commissioners doesn't beat me to it, I'll change the expiry dates when I'm home in an hour or so.

You a beaut. Thanks!!

• Thanks 1

Luongo retired eh... Hopefully I'm not getting a cap recapture for this lol 

I'd make a post hyping him up and remind everyone that he was by far the NHL's most dominant goaltender from 2002 - 2012... A decade of pure dominance worthy of top 3 goalie of all time... But quite frankly I'm pissed.

He could have gone on LTIR. His injuries are far more real than the joke Hossa and the Cheating Blackhawks made up... 

Roberto can feel entitled to make this decision but at the end of the day, he's turning his back on the die hards. The die hards like me who had his back for over a decade and protected him as if he was family. No other player in the history of sports got cheered on more by a fan base as did Luongo when he was in Vancouver. 

We Luuuu'd his every save... We stood behind him when he took Crosby and Team Canada on his back and single handedly won gold in 2010... Sure management and coaching staff turned on him but there was hundreds of thousands of die hards that had his back through thick and thin... 

And now here we are, 3 million cap hit and less likely that we can win in the next 3 years. 

Not sure who Luongo thought he was hurting here... I couldnt care less about aquaman or anyone but it's the die hards that he's hurt with this decision as he was well aware of the cap recapture. 

Luongo will always have my respect for the person he WAS during his tenure here... But the man today, I simply can no longer give my utmost respect to as hes hurt the fans that died by his every move. 

I had tears in my eyes driving home from work the day he got traded... But after this, I don't even see him as a ring of honour guy even though his decade of dominance in goal was top 3 all time 

• Wat 2

Pittsburgh Penguins offseason recap:

the penguins in’s are happy with the progress that has been made in our efforts to increase the versatility and potential on our NHL roster while infusing some young talent into the lineup for next year. 

We feel as though Max Domi, Danton Heinen, Elias Lindholm, and Clayton Keller have been high profile pick ups for the forward group while we also added the likes of Kurtis Gabriel, Carl Grundstrom, Alex Barre-Boulet, Denis Gurianov, Kristian Vesalainen, Connor McMichael, Alex Beaucage and Mason Marchment to our prospects.

On defence there hasn’t been to much movement on this front other than resigning’s with McDonagh, Myers, and Gardiner all agreeing to come back to Pittsburgh while we added the likes of Jake Bean, Alex Vlasic, Logan Stanley, Vili Saarijarvi, Brett Pesce and our favourite of all Erik Brannstrom. 

Goaltending is a position where we are still looking to acquire a prospect or two but we are happy to have Korpisalo as our goalie of the present and future. He is a young talented netminder who will lead us on a playoff run in what we hope is the near term future.

While we are happy with our additions and upgrades Pittsburgh is still very much looking to continue to improve through trades and free agency. If anyone is looking to move out a little bit of cap we are more than happy to accommodate as best we can.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/24/2019 at 9:28 PM, thejazz97 said:

By the way, I'll say this about free agency:

offers with no pitch will not be considered. It doesn't matter if you offer 7x15m, if the player does not receive a pitch, they will ignore the offer completely. As well, the better the pitch (and offer), the better the chance of the player accepting your offer. 

These are the same guidelines we used last year, so for older GMs, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Do you want all offers in one pm or each player with their own? I need to do this ahead of July 1st as I'm camping!

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Luongo retired eh.

Strange as it sounds?

I prefer a athlete retiring, than actually raking in millions to sit on IR. For portions of contacts never intended to be honored by either party in the first place...

The real problem was that such deals were ever legal? 

If the cap had any credibility!  After the fact it still stings that we will be slapped with cap hits, when others worked around it.

But Vancouver, like all teams signed the new CBA. Nucks management accepted that potential fate. Now, as fans, we have to eat it too...

I think Lou was a great goalie for us. But unlike Edler, he only hung out when we overpaid the sh!t out of him. Gave him tools to jack us for what he wanted after he took our money. And was bailing, using every method possible, to return to Florida. I believe he always felt he had the right to return to Florida. That's what he paid his agent to get in that pact before he agreed. Did not intend to stay here, ever, in good faith. In hindsight, I wish we had used Lou's money on better depth & D. Unapologetically in hindsight, on deals without NTC's for others.   

I respect that he stayed a great goalie and team mate when his heart was elsewhere. But I also have as much loyalty for him, as he had for us.  

Too many sour grapes for me!

That all I got on Lou.

• Like 1