Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

On 7/26/2018 at 12:43 AM, Jaku said:

2d6p5s8.jpg

Jeff Glass, Mike Condon and Conner Bleakley have all cleared waivers

A little late, but:

Buyout announcement:

On behalf of GM @canucklax, the Colorado Avalanche have bought out F Conner Bleakley, G Jeff Glass, and G Mike Condon. The Colorado Avalanche will receive a cap hit penalty of $1,174,999 over each of the next two seasons. Breakdowns below.

Jeff Glass: $333,333 for 2018/19, 2019/20

Mike Condon: $583,333 for 2018/19, 2019/20

Conner Bleakley: $258,333 for 2018/19, 2019/20

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

@Monty you gotta leave those kind of posts up longer so we can all see them before they're gone :(

Not up to me on those. I only mod Around the NHL and Off Topic. Want to avoid “sh***ing where I eat” as much as possible. It’s nice not having to worry about things as much here.

To be honest, the mod team typically avoids the Fantasy forum, as they know it’s made up of a group of people who understand the tone. Everything here is pretty tongue and cheek and not meant to be taken seriously at all.

However, once in a while (*cough* Drew/Swede *cough*) then it’s brought up to a higher level. For the former, that was just posting that had no place anywhere. For the latter, there was loads of behind the scenes stuff that goes far beyond drunk posting and losing your marbles. 

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

On a lighter (off-season?) Note: the story behind that gif is pretty cool! It was the most expensive shot ever in silent film.history, because it was a real train and a real.bridge! Thus had to be done in one take, since like.....trains and bridges are expensive and junk 

Did you just listen to the same podcast as me? ;) 

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Did you just listen to the same podcast as me? ;) 

No! Though if you have a good podcast recommendation I'd love to hear it, I just caught up on TAZ. I read an article somewhere on the depth of the internet years ago (maybe talking about most expensive special effects when avatar came out ?) That mentioned the train shot

8 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

On a lighter (off-season?) Note: the story behind that gif is pretty cool! It was the most expensive shot ever in silent film.history, because it was a real train and a real.bridge! Thus had to be done in one take, since like.....trains and bridges are expensive and junk 

Are you saying that the rest of the things exploding in films since then HAVEN'T been real? I was wondering how they managed to build that death star..

Just now, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

No! Though if you have a good podcast recommendation I'd love to hear it, I just caught up on TAZ. I read an article somewhere on the depth of the internet years ago (maybe talking about most expensive special effects when avatar came out ?) That mentioned the train shot

Unspooled - Hosted by Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson.

They started their podcast (although Scheer and Nicholson have been doing separate ones for years) about 2 months ago. They are going through AFI’s top 100 movies of all time (as of 2008 updated list). Randomly picking which ones to watch.

Very interesting. Episodes on Ben-Hur, Titanic, Citizen Kane were the best. Especially Ben-Hur.

10 minutes ago, Monty said:

Unspooled - Hosted by Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson.

They started their podcast (although Scheer and Nicholson have been doing separate ones for years) about 2 months ago. They are going through AFI’s top 100 movies of all time (as of 2008 updated list). Randomly picking which ones to watch.

Very interesting. Episodes on Ben-Hur, Titanic, Citizen Kane were the best. Especially Ben-Hur.

Paul Scheer is excellent. Loved him in The League :lol:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

fLlMrYG.jpg

On behalf of GM @apollo, the Nashville Predators are proud to announce the signing of:

Jordan Subban - 3 years, $1.25m

We'd like to welcome Jordan to the organization. Many think this is an over payment... but we certainly don't. We know that Jordan will be a full time NHLer eventually. 

5 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

A little late, but:

Buyout announcement:

On behalf of GM @canucklax, the Colorado Avalanche have bought out F Conner Bleakley, G Jeff Glass, and G Mike Condon. The Colorado Avalanche will receive a cap hit penalty of $1,174,999 over each of the next two seasons. Breakdowns below.

Jeff Glass: $333,333 for 2018/19, 2019/20

Mike Condon: $583,333 for 2018/19, 2019/20

Conner Bleakley: $258,333 for 2018/19, 2019/20

That's a pretty bold move buying out Condon. I think he'll be a stable #2 goalie. If I didn't already have the most historic goaltending tandem in Lui & Miller, I woulda picked him up. Surprised no one did... dog days of summer! 

2 hours ago, Salter said:

trade_php.jpg.eb154da56271393ad3ef41f3d9

To CBJ: Anton Stralman (50% retained) + Brian Dumoulin + Libor Hajek + Dennis Yan

To CHI: Dmitry Orlov + Simon Johansson + Venyamin Baranov

This trade was all about getting back down to 50 contracts for me. Not sure of Stralman long term with the Lightning. However, even if he extends with them, I have some insurance in prospects with Volkov, Joseph, and Tammela.

Also a big fan of Orlov, so this balances out my lineup as well.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1