The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Quenneville is the dummy player :bigblush:

:lol:

finally he scored his 1st goal of the season.  but yeah  ..he has been more like a dummy this season in the NHL. 

2 years ago it looked like that he will turn into a solid player with 4 points in 12 games  in his rookie season.

there is still some hope ... lol 

15 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

:lol:

finally he scored his 1st goal of the season.  but yeah  ..he has been more like a dummy this season in the NHL. 

2 years ago it looked like that he will turn into a solid player with 4 points in 12 games  in his rookie season.

there is still some hope ... lol 

Yeah, last year I thought he was going to break in but instead couldn't grab the opportunity. Always hope.

• Upvote 1

You all know I’m trying to play this goalie situation as professionally as possible, but I’ve had a change of heart. In order to stay competitive I need to bring the Calder candidate backup, and I’ll have to waive Howard, who has struggled. I didn’t expect to be inches from playofffs, and had intended to let Howard finish the year on roster.

Not what I had planned for Howard, but he’s been pulled twice in a month. Hard call. In the most public way possible, sorry Jimmy. 

Edited by greensman
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The Colorado Avalanche have re-signed forward Mathew Barzal to a seven year contract extension.

col.png Mathew Barzal: 7 years, $ 49.0 million dollar contract ( $ 7,000,000.00 per season ).

Ecstatic to have another key piece of our rebuild locked up with Mathew putting pen to ink! 

Thanks to agent @Mike Vanderhoek for his work.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

@canuck2xtreme  

i  m still missing quenneville on my pickup roster ...there is just a dummy player since some days 

congrats for his 1st goal of the season thoug

I'm still waiting on him to be added to pickup. Or I was last time I looked, but I will check again in a few moments....

EDIT: Yup he's there.  Fixed.

51 minutes ago, OurTimeToShine said:

Darcy Kuemper has been a monster. Seems to always step his game up when he’s on my squad! 

this was unexpected  .. our deal worked 100% for you . congrats :) 

muzzin was also good for my team though

finally i got colin white and guddy for muzzin . guddy has been solid with the pens so far. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

this was unexpected  .. our deal worked 100% for you . congrats :) 

muzzin was also good for my team though

finally i got colin white and guddy for muzzin . guddy has been solid with the pens so far. 

Worked out for both of us Id say! He has helped pick up the slack this year with Rinne struggling a bit.. and it looks like Arizona could sneak into the playoffs!

• Upvote 2

Mackenzie Blackwood is 0-4 since joining the Blue Jackets. The transition to the NHL level hasn't gone as smoothly as we had hoped. 

We remain optimistic though after some really solid performances vs strong teams. We are definitely missing Ryan Murray our #1 Dman.

Prior to the game vs Calgary the other night. Blackwood had posted 3 straight .940 SV% performances in Lehner's absence.

We look forward to helping Blackwood develop his game and we believe Robin Lehner is the perfect mentor to help ease Mackenzie into the NHL. We look forward to having these two in our crease next season as we compete for a playoff berth. 

Congrats also to Christian Fischer for his first Multi-point night with CBJ earlier this week. Go Jackets Go!

Edited by Rush17

22 hours ago, greensman said:

Waivers: (player to minors if he passes through)

the Bruins waive Jimmy Howard

Movement:

the Bruins call up Jordan Binnington

Dang..3m a year for 3 years was a sweet deal compared to his nhl contract of 5.3m...why couldn't you waive him last year?????? lol