The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

On 10/12/2018 at 5:10 AM, Ilunga said:

The Detroit Redwings place James Vanriemsdyk on injured reserve

www.rotoworld.com > recent > nhl > jam...

Cannot seem to copy link correctly but is easily verifiable

Please forgive my crappy computer skills

The Detroit Redwings recall Dylan Strome from our Minor league Team

please submit your IR request to Nail and C2X via PM, and provide the source as you have here. They will process the move for you once confirming the player is eligible and it will be posted by one of them in the thread.

Thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

please submit your IR request to Nail and C2X via PM, and provide the source as you have here. They will process the move for you once confirming the player is eligible and it will be posted by one of them in the thread.

Thank you

Sorry for the breach of Protocol, I am still catching up on how procedures are done in this league.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Thoughts on tonight?

Watching it I was emotional and irrational and I was hoping we would attack Mattheson at all costs. 

But thinking about it the NHL isn’t like that anymore, but in order for their to be unnecessary violence like that the NHL needs to do a better job at policing the game, that has to be a penalty and maybe a suspension. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

Thoughts on tonight?

Watching it I was emotional and irrational and I was hoping we would attack Mattheson at all costs. 

But thinking about it the NHL isn’t like that anymore, but in order for their to be unnecessary violence like that the NHL needs to do a better job at policing the game, that has to be a penalty and maybe a suspension. 

Matheson's initial hit was fine.  The extra shove to the ice was not. 

I'd be amazed if there was any supplementary discipline though.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:20 PM, aGENT said:

@canuck2xtreme,

Just noticed Jason Robertson is back in Junior (for some reason I thought he was AHL bound...:wacko:) is it too late to show him under my 'Junior players' with his contract sliding as well?

Not too late. Players can be assigned to junior at any point in the season as long as they meet the requirements.

• Cheers 1

On 2018-10-11 at 8:47 AM, Primal Optimist said:

Waivers: The New York Rangers waive Tommy Cross who will be assigned to the minor league affiliate Lake Cowichan Lakers if he clears.

On 2018-10-13 at 8:52 AM, Primal Optimist said:

Waivers: the New York Rangers waive Micheal Haley to assign him to the Lake Cowichan Lakers.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/panthers-micheal-haley-enters-nhl-nhlpa-assistance-program/

WIth Tommy Cross sent to the minors Friday Morning and Micheal Haley sent down this morning and Robby Fabbri activated to fill his spot this is the Sunday look for the New York Rangers:

LEFT WING   CENTER   RIGHT WING
Thomas Vanek   Ryan O'Reilly   Kyle Okposo
Sven Baertschi   Casey Mittelstadt   Brady Tkachuk
Brendan Leipsic   Patrick Berglund   Bobby Ryan
Austin Wagner   Robby Fabbri   Justin Abdelkader
Colin WIlson       Brett Ritchie
LEFT DEFENSE   RIGHT DEFENSE   GOALTENDING
Marco Scandella   Johnny Boychuk   Semyon Varlamov
Brandon Manning   Mark Borowiecki   Joonas Korpisalo
Evan Rodrigues        

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Matheson's initial hit was fine.  The extra shove to the ice was not. 

I'd be amazed if there was any supplementary discipline though.

This, happens all the time, a player gets stapled to the boards then tossed aside, the secondary part is also not uncommon but its a young star and a Canucks player, we are on CDC = PERFECT STORM. Had it been Gudbranson who stapled a rookie to the end boards and tossed him aside to go up ice Canucks fans would be praising him for his physical play.

I would not have thought a suspension or hearing would be needed, but happy to see the League notice they need to do something when it involves a good young player.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

This, happens all the time, a player gets stapled to the boards then tossed aside, the secondary part is also not uncommon but its a young star and a Canucks player, we are on CDC = PERFECT STORM. Had it been Gudbranson who stapled a rookie to the end boards and tossed him aside to go up ice Canucks fans would be praising him for his physical play.

I would not have thought a suspension or hearing would be needed, but happy to see the League notice they need to do something when it involves a good young player.

Yeah, I didn’t think the hit or the subsequent “slam” was anything to take note of. Have seen it time and time again, and I’ve never heard it ever mentioned as a questionable hit.

Great young player? Absolutely. Though, this sets a precedent now that, that is honestly a clean hit, is now no longer allowed.